SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Help!
Wild Hawk motor rotation?

Looked hi and low all over the WWW and got nothing but conflicting results for these two questions.
What would be the stock motor rotation looking at the motor from the rear of the plane? And which way to install a EMP 6 x 3E prop?
Thanks
flashbang is offline Find More Posts by flashbang
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:42 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Motor should turn CW looking from the rear.
Prop numbers should face forward.

BTW, I have a Wild Hawk and I'm holding an EMP 6x3E in my hand.
If that doesn't fix it something else is wrong.

Let us know.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Last edited by bartricky; Dec 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Nothing is broke. I never tested the stock motor for rotation. I just took the WH out of the box and split it in half. I'm in the process of upgrading the motor,esc and new Lipo power. Using a Emax 2836-24 Inrunner Brushless Motor and have learned that depending how the wires are attached it will change rotation from CW to CCW, but not knowing which way a WH motor should spin created a key element that was missing.
flashbang is offline Find More Posts by flashbang
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:50 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
The CW rotation looking from the tail is a standard for all RC plane electric motors.

The rare exceptions being twin motors when you want one motor to counter rotate.

Pusher props are mainly a throw back to fuel engines where you can't reverse the rotation.

Plane sounds very good. I found that adding a little rudder surface helps. Glue the tailfeathers on, balance the CG on the wing spare covers.

Pic of Jr. Hawk... same plane.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky