HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,534 Posts
Help!
KK board from HK- free flash for tricopter

Ok, I would like somev help and I am sure it has been answered a thousand times. I did some simple searches with no luck.

I have th KK board from HK.

I need a free flash tool for a tricopter that is simple.

I need a free driver for windows 7

I have checked out multicopter site but not sure if the tricopter download flash works the for this application and the drivers links sent me to some website that has fees.

Thanks in advance, here is progress.

Doug
dougmontgomery is online now Find More Posts by dougmontgomery
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Get this flashing tool. kkMulticopterFlashTool
It is well supported and is written in multiple languages.
It will download all of the available public firmwares once you select the confguration you are running. ie Tricopter, Hex, Quad...etc.
It seems the real problem people are having is getting a REAL programmer not just a cheap clone that does nothing.
I bought a programmer from Pololu, see this item
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1300
The web site has a link for the drivers needed.
It works well. I personally upgraded the firmware on my programmer so that the Flashtool would recognize it automatically.
If you decide to not flashin the newest firmware for the programmer just select the avrispV2 for the programmer when in Flashtool.
I will give you a word of warning. DO NOT be in a hurry to flash the KK board There are small steps that should be taken and observed.
When the programmer is plugged into your computer it will appear as 2 com ports in Windows Device manager.
Flashtool will ask you which com port to use. DO NOT select usb, you will have to go to Device manager and see which com that the AVR Programmer Programming port is on. My computer it was com 9.
Be careful and take it slow.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0