HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
I got my x830-s 2 weeks ago. I can provide you 2 PDF doc. What's the best method to send, I'm not familiar with using forum?

nuchquad
nuchquad is offline Find More Posts by nuchquad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuchquad View Post
I got my x830-s 2 weeks ago. I can provide you 2 PDF doc. What's the best method to send, I'm not familiar with using forum?

nuchquad
Thanks, but the customer is returning his quad as doa, and is giving up on wowhobby without even flying. WOWHobbies is garbage absoulutely no customer service.

I will build him a naza quad that will probably fly alot better.

Thanks WOW for nothing!!!!!!!!!
thefokker is offline Find More Posts by thefokker
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
New video of Big Bear Mountain California. We do have snow here, it is a 2 hour drive up to 7,000 feet.

Turbo Ace X830-S Quad - Step up from Gaui 330X-S - WINDING ROAD TAKE ME HOME (1 min 18 sec)

Jonathan
www.wowhobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
How to make the X830-S more stable and easier to fly.

Tech note on how to make the Turbo Ace X830-S more stable and easier to fly.

WK2801-PRO Radio adjustment on the X830-S for more stability

FROM MAIN MENU PUSH < ENT> ON RADIO

SELECT MDSET PUSH <ENT>

SELECT DR&EXP PUSH <ENT>

SELECT ELEV D/R (DUAL RATE)

To make your helicopter easier to fly, you can lower the dual rate adjustment in your radio. Set dual rate at 60-70% (60% easier & more stable) BY PUSHING <L.->

PUSH <DN> TO SELECT EXP for ELEV

PUSH <+R> Set exponential higher for ease of flying to 30-45% (45% easier & more stable).

You have just completed the rate setting for ELEV, now continue to set the same setting for the AILE.

PUSH <DN> TO SELECT AILE D/R (DUAL RATE)

To make your helicopter easier to fly, you can lower the dual rate adjustment in your radio. Set dual rate at 60-70% (60% easier) BY PUSHING <L.->

PUSH <DN> TO SELECT EXP for AILE

PUSH <+R> Set exponential higher for ease of flying to 30-45% (45% easier).

PUSH <ENT>

PUSH<EXT> to end

Do not set DUAL RATE or EXPO for the tail.

This is the setting which helped me in creating the Big Bear video footage without much stress other than the on coming cars, LOL.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Feb 20, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefokker View Post
Uh...Still waiting!!! Ive sent emails, pm's, wow hobbies has no customer service apparently.
All you have to do is call? Emails sometimes get in the spam mail box. Sorry, we do not do customer service in the forum, you need to call the store. Customer service has 4 lines now with 3 operators answering the phones so you should be able to get through pretty easily. The only thing we do not do on the phone is technical support which is by emails only, so if you have missing parts, please just call us. The missing flash drive ticket has long been resolved. So you are going to sell him a naza quad and trashed our service as next to nothing. You are trying to hijack the thread and obviously bias since you sell a different quad. The X830-S has raving review and how do you even know it is garbage when you have not flown it. The transmitter settings were all messed up, by whom we don't know so how could it even fly. The X830-BAK still works which is a backup model we programmed for this quad, just in case someone mess up the setting in the original model. You are not an authorized Turbo Ace dealer and has no knowledge of the X830-S quad settings. Please let us do the service and stay on your own naza quad thread.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Feb 24, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
I bought a RTF kit from them and the shipping was fast , the service was great online was easy and they've always answered my calls and replied to my question via email. I recommend these guys. Im stoked for my 830-s, very serious machine
BuzzLiteYeer is offline Find More Posts by BuzzLiteYeer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:43 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jan 2010
304 Posts
subscribed.... wanting a 830-s in the near future.

Brian
Saleen880549 is offline Find More Posts by Saleen880549
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
Have mine

Now broke though ... I am not very experienced though I went slow in flying. I suppose I panicked. Now one of the arms snapped off at the end... ordered new arm though I can't remove the engines off the broken arm... two of the hex screws come out but the other two seem to be unremovable. I have tried removing the same screws on the other engine same thing. Do I now have to buy two new engines because I can't remove the old ones and place onto the new aluminum arm? A question for you quad flyers... is it normal to have a few crashes when you are starting out? I am planning on getting POV cam to help with the orientation/disorientation issue.

Wish too I would have added the program for the transmitter that Jon gave earlier
Mr New Zealand is offline Find More Posts by Mr New Zealand
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Buy yourself a smaller copter to train on NZ

I'm flying the TA 830-S with an FPV system and it doesnt make it easier, it makes it much harder. Flying FPV is not a way to uncomplicate things, just makes it cooler.

Get yourself a small practice copter and dont break your $1000+ Turbo Ace until you're ready. The turbo Ace 830 is too hot to learn on without breaking it over and over. Eflight Blade MqX micro quadcopter for under $170. While the controls are a bit different, the concept is the same.

I have crashed the MqX from 50 ft into pavement and it bounced. I immediately put her back in the air. Very acrobatic and stout. You can flip or loopty loop this thing. It was sold out online but I found one at a local hobby shop.

Good luck!
BigSkyPepper is offline Find More Posts by BigSkyPepper
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:29 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
looking for a next quod and I like Turbo Ace X830-S mainly for the motors/prop features.
Couple of questions:
Does it have the option of setting the heading? Once I lose sight of orientation I need that so I can get it pointing in a known direction and regain control.

Does it have altitude hold? I find myself creeping upward all the time when I'm flying at altitude (so encountering orientation probs).
I'd also quite like it if AH had a hight governor. I'm in military air space and must not exceed 150m. I don't fancy getting into the intakes of a 30 million Dassault Rafale.

If these options are not available is there a time frame in which they might become so?

One other thing. What do you reckon shipping would be to Europe?
A couple of years back I was thinking about buying an LM3 from you, but shipping of 100 bucks soon knocked that plan on the head.
Have you managed to find a cheaper way of shipping?
Have you ever considered a European partner/distributor?
docinfrance is offline Find More Posts by docinfrance
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
956 Posts
Support and help in purchasing from WOW

edit by batfire
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; Apr 06, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfire View Post
Hi Guys,

Well I just purchased the x830-s online only because cost to value is excellent if product is as good as they portray. The verdict is out at this point. I called 3 times trying to get assistance to make a one shot purchase of what i wanted. 1st time .. I was left on hold for 45 mins after trying to ask about different options and getting the gps and compass installed on the craft as indicated they had available for this unit.......will show add later at bottom. I finally hung up. 2nd call went without talking to anyone to sell product or answer questions another 30 mins on hold for sales. 3rd call same thing 30 mins of no sound and no help. At this point this really worries me for customer support if you cant even get info to buy the bloody quad. 4th call hours later AFTER I did purchase online hoping for the best. I called explaining what had previously happened and how lucky I even purchased and would like to talk to someone about the gps and compass option and when I finally got a sales person they said those options not even available. What does this add right off their site say????

EXPANDABILITY:
The X830-S also offers expandability both in software and hardware using XAircraft proven reliable FC1212-S flight controller upgraded to the latest version 1.33. It offers expandability for multiple optional devices such as GPS and compass. Online firmware update is free and a wide selection of motors, camera mounts, ESC, rotor blades( and expansion modules such as GPS are available to choose from. Now, there is a new version of the Xaircraft GPS that offers fast satellite lockin and precision pin point.)

Now i'm really wondering if I will receive this quad and all will work as advertised, whether i will be able to get customer support if I need it and last but not least will this copter actually have upgrades that will be available sometime soon?

You've got to be kidding, what verdict? The X830-s has sold over one thousand units, it is a proven unit with proven service and track record.
What number did you call? Any company would have picked up the phone and not to miss the sales. Does not make any sense, whoever believe this should call himself, we have never put customers on hold for 30 minutes especially 3 times in a row. This is totally weired. You can purchase the upgrade from Xaircraft. Sure GPS for the XAircraft controller is available and it has been in the market for a while. Don't make it sound like this is a slizzy outfit, Wow is a $20 million dollar company with 3 girls answering the phone. Who picked up your call? What is your order number? I will check into it. If you have an order number just log into your account and you will see the tracking number like www.Amazon.com
Please provide the order# ASAP and I will be tracking this post. We have a lot of jelous competitors shielding here. We have to protect ourself so please do not be offended when I ask you for an order# and I apology if I come across the wrong way.

Joanthan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Mar 26, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docinfrance View Post
looking for a next quod and I like Turbo Ace X830-S mainly for the motors/prop features.
Couple of questions:
Does it have the option of setting the heading? Once I lose sight of orientation I need that so I can get it pointing in a known direction and regain control.

Does it have altitude hold? I find myself creeping upward all the time when I'm flying at altitude (so encountering orientation probs).
I'd also quite like it if AH had a hight governor. I'm in military air space and must not exceed 150m. I don't fancy getting into the intakes of a 30 million Dassault Rafale.

If these options are not available is there a time frame in which they might become so?

One other thing. What do you reckon shipping would be to Europe?
A couple of years back I was thinking about buying an LM3 from you, but shipping of 100 bucks soon knocked that plan on the head.
Have you managed to find a cheaper way of shipping?
Have you ever considered a European partner/distributor?
You can set it for heading hold or no heading hold. Altitude hold is available with GPS option. We will consider Europena distributor.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
956 Posts
Reply to WOW

edit by batfire
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; Apr 06, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfire View Post
Disregard message due to change in post above.

After researching the different ways of having Autopilot on this drone it looks as though the DragonOSD gps Nav system combo v2.0 is the logical choice. They offer the gps, barometer,variometer,compass,imu,config cap.,warnings,logging to Google earth(way-point nav 20points) autopilot rth, imu flybywire etc.... not bad for $215.00 to add to this drone without having to touch the 12C controller. FPV will most likely be the FPV313 Plug and Play 1.3 GHz 300mW Wireless System with ground station tracking etc...
Next the dragonlink long range setup.

Any comments on selection good or bad?
All that for only $215? You sure about that? It sounds too good to be true. I tried looking at the site, but I didn't see prices listed anywhere. I did see how the GPS module wasn't included in the base OSD thing. I'm still a little fuzzy on why something labeled an OSD (on screen display) includes somewhat unrelated advanced features piloting features like "go to home". Seems a bit like selling a kitchen blender that oh, by the way, is also a 60" flat panel HD TV. But hey, if it really does all that I've got no complaints...
ben9005 is offline Find More Posts by ben9005