SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
anymore vids?

Tested the X830-S on the 2-axis camera mount. X830-S comes with the built-in gryos for auto camera stabilization. Now you don't have to buy gyros and worried about how to fit them on the camera mount. X830-S comes with detail instruction on how to hook everything up.

Turbo Ace X830-S quad with built-in gyros for 2-axis camera mount stabilization (1 min 12 sec)

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Honda Center footage taken by Turbo Ace X830-S quad

Honda Center footage taken by Turbo Ace X830-S quad - You can use the purple cross on the middle of the screen for stability reference.

Turbo Ace X830-S aerial footage - Step up your video from Gaui 330X-S quad (2 min 33 sec)

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Jan 09, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
X830-S Quad with FPV and OSD and/or APM?

Jonathan or anyone else...

Has anyone integrated an FPV and/or OSD system onto one of these yet? I assume some folks have on the x720 Quad. If so what did you use and...

Anyone attempting to use ArduPilotMega with this Quad?

Could you use Arducopter with this or is the XAircraft FC1212-S already performing this task? Is it possible or even desirable? I havent seen anything on this at DIYdrones yet, so maybe someone here is going this direction.

I saw some video on the web with a RTH function on a Gaui quad, but none with the X830-S yet. Is that a current function? If so do you have to add the compass and GPS modules or are they in place already?

Some FPV video with OSD would be nice so we could see flight speed, altitude, and other telemetry during operation.

Here's what my plans are, so far:

X830-S with X4 Camera Mount Package
RX2801PRO/WK2801PRO
GE Power Battery 5300mAh 35-70C Lipo: 3-Cell 11.1V
Camera GoPro2 HD
Receiver w/SAW Filter
Video Transmitter 900MHz 1500mW Transmitter
TX Antenna 2dBi 900MHz
RX Antenna 900 MHz BiQuad
Batteries 1100mAh RMRC Batteries for TX and RX
Video Goggles FatShark BASE, might upgrade to a head tracking system.
Emerson 32 inch LCD TV
Compaq Presario CQ56 with Windows 7 premium laptop and my handy Ipad when I add the Wifi to the GoPro2.

Dreaming of a Tau infrared system with 30mm lens. Wondering if that would work well with the stabilized camera mount, but thinking the Tau would require a fuller FPV package, or operate as a second camera, weight is always an issue...dunno yet.

No firm OSD plans yet, I have been thinking the Immersion RC EZOSD but the ArduPilotMega is very attractive with all of its autopilot functions.

Thanks!
BigSkyPepper is offline Find More Posts by BigSkyPepper
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
Orange Co, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
My new Turbo Ace X 830

This is my new Turbo Ace X830 have a Go Pro HD2 hero on it now. Have also flown it with my Sony TX-7. Best videos with Go Pro at 720 60 fps. Check out the videos on my you tube page (thercgoat). This is a very stable Quad when set up properly. I also have a Turbo Ace 720 which is very stable.
Name: Turbo Ace 830.jpg
Views: 235
Size: 169.7 KB
Description:
rc_goat is offline Find More Posts by rc_goat
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:01 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,217 Posts
RC_Goat,

what are your flight times and battery setup with GoPro (200grams) plus 9oz of FPV weight?

p.s.
can you do a flight test with high "mah" lipos and average flight times?
Not just hovering but flying inbetween from forward flight to up and down etc.....
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:48 PM
Orange Co, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Only using a 3000 mah Lipo so flight time is about 10- 12 min. no fpv setup with turbo ace. Just using it for Av only. Using Skywalker for FPV flying.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyPepper View Post
Jonathan or anyone else...

Has anyone integrated an FPV and/or OSD system onto one of these yet? I assume some folks have on the x720 Quad. If so what did you use and...

Anyone attempting to use ArduPilotMega with this Quad?

Could you use Arducopter with this or is the XAircraft FC1212-S already performing this task? Is it possible or even desirable? I havent seen anything on this at DIYdrones yet, so maybe someone here is going this direction.

I saw some video on the web with a RTH function on a Gaui quad, but none with the X830-S yet. Is that a current function? If so do you have to add the compass and GPS modules or are they in place already?

Some FPV video with OSD would be nice so we could see flight speed, altitude, and other telemetry during operation.

Here's what my plans are, so far:

X830-S with X4 Camera Mount Package
RX2801PRO/WK2801PRO
GE Power Battery 5300mAh 35-70C Lipo: 3-Cell 11.1V
Camera GoPro2 HD
Receiver w/SAW Filter
Video Transmitter 900MHz 1500mW Transmitter
TX Antenna 2dBi 900MHz
RX Antenna 900 MHz BiQuad
Batteries 1100mAh RMRC Batteries for TX and RX
Video Goggles FatShark BASE, might upgrade to a head tracking system.
Emerson 32 inch LCD TV
Compaq Presario CQ56 with Windows 7 premium laptop and my handy Ipad when I add the Wifi to the GoPro2.

Dreaming of a Tau infrared system with 30mm lens. Wondering if that would work well with the stabilized camera mount, but thinking the Tau would require a fuller FPV package, or operate as a second camera, weight is always an issue...dunno yet.

No firm OSD plans yet, I have been thinking the Immersion RC EZOSD but the ArduPilotMega is very attractive with all of its autopilot functions.

Thanks!
You will find that the FPV equipment is not connected or related to any kind of quad being used with. Because the video transmitter is hook up to your camcorder/camera and the video receiver is hooked up to your goggle. It is not connected to a quad controller in any way. Sounds like you have done your home work by choosing the 900mHz system for FPV as it will not interfere with the 2.4gHz X830-S flight operation that is if you are going to be using a 2.4gHz TX/RX for the quad.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_goat View Post
This is my new Turbo Ace X830 have a Go Pro HD2 hero on it now. Have also flown it with my Sony TX-7. Best videos with Go Pro at 720 60 fps. Check out the videos on my you tube page (thercgoat). This is a very stable Quad when set up properly. I also have a Turbo Ace 720 which is very stable.
Attachment 4546348
RC_Goat, do you have a link for the Turbo Ace X830-S ? Can you edit the title to included the work "Turbo Ace X830-S" so people will be able to find it with the keyword search.

Thanks,
Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
RC_Goat,

what are your flight times and battery setup with GoPro (200grams) plus 9oz of FPV weight?

p.s.
can you do a flight test with high "mah" lipos and average flight times?
Not just hovering but flying inbetween from forward flight to up and down etc.....
I have flew the X830-S many times with a fully charged 5300mAh battery
This one, goto

http://www.wowhobbies.com/batteryfor...ctor-d-66.aspx

for 25 minutes and each time it came back with 20-30% power left.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Ardupilot/arducopter or any autopilot and OSD

Jonathan,

Are there any autopilot or RTH functions built in to the TA830-S? Does one have to buy an additional GPS module for that function on the TA830-S or is that built in?

Everyone else,

I'm hoping to add an ardupilot package to create a true drone for pre-programmed flight and dont want to double my GPS pruchase or on board weight for GPS/altitude and other telemetry.

Arducopter is the Ardupilotmega copter package. It seems to have most of the OSD functionality built into the new APM, but I'm not sure.

Anyone here have a similar setup?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
Orange Co, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Jonathan9113

This is a link to one of my You Tube videos Taken with My Turbo Ace X 830-S.
My Street 2012 (2 min 40 sec)

Hope this is what you are talking about. I also have other videos taken with my Turbo Ace x 720 on my you tube page TheRCGoat
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_goat View Post
Jonathan9113

This is a link to one of my You Tube videos Taken with My Turbo Ace X 830-S. [
Hope this is what you are talking about. I also have other videos taken with my Turbo Ace x 720 on my you tube page TheRCGoat
Hey TRCG,

Funny nick That clip is awesome, just wished that there was a real solution to the fish eye effect. Some 3rd party guys made some lens but still 100% and maybe can't with wide angle lens.

How do you find the flying habits of the 830? Does it seem stable even in light winds? I just did some cliff and inland vids in the Caribbean with a powered glider and was looking at the 830 for slow speed footage and stability.

Looking at the HS website's video clips, the stability seems very impressive, maybe they had a two axis gyro camera mount for the camera.

Cheers.
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:07 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Auto pilot/ gps/ data logging will all be great to have, just time I guess before these guys develop the addons for it.

Looks like a great flying machine and well built.
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
ReadymadeRC has those replacement lenses for the HD Hero. A lot of FPVers are replacing the fish eye lens with a narrower angle. They are a popular item over there.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
Orange Co, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Turbo Ace X 830-S

Hello again this is my latest video taken today at our Club Flying Field. Taken with my Go Pro Hero HD2. Have tried other cameras but so far the Go Pro takes the most stable videos. Flew the Turbo Ace with my Sony HD video camera. Weight of Camera 14.6 oz. but my camera mount is not stiff enough to stop the camera from moving around. Turbo Ace X 830-S had no problem lifting and flying with the extra weight.
Fairview Pk 1-13-2011 (3 min 51 sec)