SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Discussion
Turbo Ace X830-S quad official site

Turbo Ace X830-S is a multi-rotor drone designed for recreational and professional applications including aerial photography, videography, surveillance and aerial inspections. Unlike most other multi-rotors that requires days of assembly, testing and debugging, the X830-S comes fully assembled, programmed and tuned with final test flight performed in the USA. State of the art features include cutting edge Xaircraft X650 flight controller, integrated vibration dampening super structure and dynamically balanced brushless motors and ESCs. The Turbo Ace X830-S is the first quad to feature high current ESC at 35Amp and dynamically balanced motors. It has excellent flight stability plus optional vibrations dampening camera mount offer an exceptional platform for video and FPV options. With its high payload capacity, you can mount a variety of video camera and lense. Flexible features includes uploadable firmware capabilities, expandability to 6 and 8 motors systems and a multi-module architecture to ease maintenance and repairs. Convenient parts and technical support is serviced locally by Wow Hobbies in California. Since we also offer some of the best receiver, transmitter, upgrades and options, you can easily get everything you need in one place.

CAMERA MOUNT OPTIONS: Turbo Ace X830 RTF Camera and camera mount on photo are not included.
FPV OPTIONS: You can integrate 3rd party FPV equipment utilizing the X830-S TRIPLE SHOCK CAMERA MOUNT.

Newest video taken by a Turbo Ace X830-S out of the box without any tunning or adjustments.
Turbo Ace X830-S unedited video - Step up from your Gaui 300X-S , Gaui 500X & XAircraft X650 (2 min 53 sec)

Video taken from previous version of the Turbo Ace X830
Turbo Ace X830 Vid with PID setting adjustments (1 min 59 sec)

Based on the feedbacks from the original Turbo Ace X720 and the Xaircraft X650 drone, Turbo Ace has taken a quantum leap with the newest version X830-S.

FEATURES VIDEO QUALITY:
To improve video quality, the X830-S features precision dynamically balanced motors that are rarely offered in multi-rotors. Balanced motors greatly reduce the common vibration problem that causes poor video quality known at the "Jello effect". Due to high rotor speed, the exceptional vibration dampening X830-S super structure is the key in reducing harmonic vibrations. The X830-S is designed with video quality in mind. It utilizes aluminum tubes and ABS body instead of carbon fiber that generates interference, causing wave lines on the video. Example of video distortion, notice the word "COUNTRY". Goto http://www.wowhobbies.com/250seinstruction-2.aspx
The X-830-S video are sharp without wave lines and they also have no jello effect caused by high frequency vibration generated from unbalanced motors.

FLIGHT STABILITY:
Turbo Ace pre-configures the X830-S so it is most wind resistant and at the same time gives you maximum auto stabilization by utilizing 2 custom preprogrammed flight modes, cruise and hover. This type of custom configuration often takes days to tune in a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) kits.

DURABILITY:
The X830-S motors have been re-engineered to take multiple mild crashes. The propellers are keyed instead of screw mounted, increasing durability and reliability and reduces the probability of accidental propeller dislodge. The dynamically balanced motor no longer have shaft that extends outside the motor since the propeller is mounted directly on the neck of the motor bell. This provides better balance and illiminates external bend motor shaft in a crash.

MAINTENANCE:
The X830-S is extremely easy to maintain and cost less to operate. First entry quad buyers are often surprised by the high cost of maintaining a multi-rotor that costs hundreds/thousands of dollars per failure/crash. The X830-S is designed with low maintenance and cost in mind. Each component comes modularized making it easy to service and less expensive to replace. For example: the ESC are separated to 4, each with removable high tensile strength spring loaded connectors that are easy to trouble shoot and install. The motors all have removable spring loaded connectors that can be easily removed.

COOLING: The unique placement of the ESC on the X830-S is under the central hub of the quad where the ESCs are protected and well ventilated. The central location greatly reduces the chance of ESC damage in a crash or hard landing. The X830-S also does not use an internal cooling fan, the electronics are cooled naturally by the rotating flight propellers themselves. The improved cover design features multiple vent holes keeping the flight controller running cool at all times.

POWER and PAYLOAD: Turbo Ace motors are build with high efficiency stators and they are over 20% more power than its Xaircrasft brothers. The X830-S is rated at 5 pounds maximum payload, please note that under no circumstance should any drones be operated at maximum payload. There are different factors to consider such as temperature, battery type, altitude, wind velocity, therefore we can not specify the actual operational load under the circumstance.

LOW RADIO NOISE: The X830-S extension arms are made of heavier duty 12mm aluminum instead of the 10mm carbon rods. Unlike carbon arms in the X720, the aluminum arms are stiffer reducing harmonic vibration, will not have fiber splits and carry low radio frequency interference. This translates to longer flight range, and low radio noise for better video image. STRUCTURE and WEIGHT: The X830-S is designed with power efficiency in mind. This means that every gram is accounted for during the build. The motor mount, central hub went through tension, compression, bending, torsion and shear engineering to obtain striation integrity and weight savings. The propellers are double sided key instead of screw mount which greatly improve reliability.

EXPANDABILITY:
The X830-S also offers expandability both in software and hardware using XAircraft proven reliable FC1212-S flight controller upgraded to the latest version 1.33. It offers expandability for multiple optional devices such as GPS and compass. Online firmware update is free and a wide selection of motors, camera mounts, ESC, rotor blades and expansion modules such as GPS are available to choose from. Now, there is a new version of the Xaircraft GPS that offers fast satellite lockin and precision pin point.

HEADING CONFIGURATION: X-mode heading by default but can be reconfigured to +mode.

FLIGHT MODES: Supports Hover and Cruise Modes which can be altered during flight.

RECEIVER REQUIREMENTS: A four-channel receiver is required to operate the X830-S. Six or more channels are highly recommended.

SPECIFICATIONS:
* Four separate 35A ESCs with 2mm spring-loaded motor connectors for ease of maintenance.
* BEC MODE: Linear
* BEC OUTPUT: 5V/2.0A
* LIPO BATTERY: 2200mAh, 25C, 11.1V (3-Cell) FLIGHT CONTROLLER:
* XAircraft FC1212-S version 1.33 and AHRS-S auto-stabilization system, AP/AV based.
* XAircraft FC1212-S flight controller with Camera Mount Gyro Compensation outputs :
* No additional purchase of gyros is required to operate the 1, 2 or 3-Axis camera mount. * 12 input ports with support for up to 12-channel RX.
* 8 motor outputs, can be configured to quad, X6/Hexa, X8/Octo.
* 4 servo outputs for camera mounts, roll, pan & tilt, or 3-axial camera mount with shutter control servo.
* Modular designed with future expandability. Port for AHRS module, extra 4 expansion ports, GPS module expansion are available. * Firmware is upgradable online with configurable parameters using the powerful XAircraft Configuration software.
Includes 4 GB USB flash drive for setup, upgrade and electronic maual

Among the items that you may need with the X830-S purchase are as follow:

Blade balancer- We highly recommend that you balance all new blades for smoother operation.http://www.wowhobbies.com/mageticbla...rohelic-4.aspx

Optional magnetic base for higher accuracy in balancing the blades
http://www.wowhobbies.com/mageticbla...rohelic-2.aspx

Rubber, carbon fiber, ABS plastic CA glue to bond the "T" connector to skid tube and to repair any damage to the ABS plastic casing
http://www.wowhobbies.com/asc1597fac...c10andt41.aspx

Longer flight time battery
http://www.wowhobbies.com/batteryfor...ctor-d-66.aspx

Faster charger. If you have purchase RTF, it comes with a charger but it take hours to charge a large battery. This charger take only about one hour to charge even the 5300mah battery.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/b6balancec...charger-1.aspx

Camera Mount. This camera mount comes with a tilt servo and you can use the on board gyro on the flight control to autostablize which is explained in the manual.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboacex7...order-2-1.aspx

Extra blades
http://www.wowhobbies.com/ta-x830-31...ad-setof2.aspx

Simulator that works with your RTF WK2801-Pro transmitter
http://www.wowhobbies.com/copterxcx2...nomotor-2.aspx

Practice micro helicopter to improve handling on the X830-S
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracb1...x-2406c-1.aspx

Charger for the CB100 practice micro helicopter
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-43b-z-2...43b4g35g6.aspx
Available at www.WowHobbies.com
More information to follow

www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 12, 2011 at 07:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
The X830-S is now shipping

Please allow 1 to 2 extra business day(s) for us to test fly your X830-S before delivery. A video recording of the flight in 4gb flash drive will be shipped with your new X830-S. We are taking great care in testing and tunning the X830-S based on all the feedback from the previous models.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Hi Wow Hobbies,
same ESCs and Fc as T580 ? Or has your Fc other . better Firmware ? I mean against the FOD ?
Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle View Post
Hi Wow Hobbies,
same ESCs and Fc as T580 ? Or has your Fc other . better Firmware ? I mean against the FOD ?
Mike
The ESC is custom for X830-S, they are 4 separate ESC each rated at 35A with special firmware. They are proprietary and not Xaircraft 18A ESC. The firmware took 3 months to modify and runs the X830 silky smooth without the clapping sounds inherit on some of the other quads. The flight controller is XAircraft FC1212-S with the lastest version 1.33, more wind resistent than 1.31. I don't know much about the latest T580 but when the T580 was first released, it had the same ESC combined in 2 boards and a non-programmable controller like what was used on the X720.

The X830-S was vastly improved from the X720. Basically we took all the feedbacks from the X720 customers and redesigned everything to meet their need.

Jon
WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:43 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,204 Posts
Still using I2C ESC...?
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:34 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Still using I2C ESC...?
The X830-S uses the XAircraft FC1212-S controller which can be adjusted for different motor startup rpm and minium speed. So most of the ESC would work but keep in mind there is timing issues. The Xaircraft 18A ESC was used on the previous version of the X830-S which was the X830. The problem was that due to the firmware design of the 18A, it was programmed for low starting RPM. This generates the wrong timing for the outrunner motors and produces a clapping sound. You can hear this noise in low throttle on the older version of the X830 and any XAircraft models that use the 18A XAircraft proprietary ESC. This is the reason Turbo Ace has chosen to reprogram the Turbo Ace 35A ESC for the new X830-S.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quadriple shock camera mount X4 has just been released

Quadriple shock camera mount X4 has just been released for the X830-S. Plenty of shock dampeners are good for the vibrasion sensitive cmos camera sensors. Here is the link http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboacex7...der-2-1-1.aspx

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:12 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Jonathon --

As XA is about to finally release their "P/V2" system, with various improvements, and will also include a new GPS/Autopilot option, will you be offering an X-830-P variant, with an upgrade path to include the GPS?

Also, do you have any other gimbal options? To do decent video, and to take advantage of the XA FC's gimbal outputs, you really need a good quality two-axis mount.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Can somebody tell me the top speed on this unit? I have an application where it needs to go up to 25MPH. Thanks!
SniperSwiper is offline Find More Posts by SniperSwiper
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:31 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Jonathon --

As XA is about to finally release their "P/V2" system, with various improvements, and will also include a new GPS/Autopilot option, will you be offering an X-830-P variant, with an upgrade path to include the GPS?

Also, do you have any other gimbal options? To do decent video, and to take advantage of the XA FC's gimbal outputs, you really need a good quality two-axis mount.

-- Gary
Most of the two axis mounts will be able to mount on the X4 quadriple plateform, so there is very little limitation as to the types of gimbals, the X830-S can handle. 2 days ago we tested a Canon T3i and a Nikon D40 on it. It is the first quad in the market that can carry this type of load. GPS option has been available for the XAircraft FC1212-S controller used on the X830-S for sometime now and we have some coming our way for sale. The latestest version of the GPS from XA can lock into the satellites a lot faster than the previous version plagued with lockin delay.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:41 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSwiper View Post
Can somebody tell me the top speed on this unit? I have an application where it needs to go up to 25MPH. Thanks!
Here is an example of how fast a drone such as the MikroKopter is able to move without sacraficing too much stability.
FPV Mikrokopter pursuing Porsche (6 min 12 sec)

I found this on Youtube and I also noticed the jello effect in this video. It is not to say that MikroKopter is incapable of quality video which is not true. It is just that a lot has to be done to a $8000 RTF drone to complish what a $1000 RTF X830-S can do out of the box. Compare this video with the video we took in front of the Wow Hobbies parking lot at the beginning of this post and pay attention to the quality of the video instead of the Porsche, LOL.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 19, 2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:18 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
Jonathan,

I plan on using for FPV fun flying only, nothing commercial.

....what is the average/liesurely flight times with the upgraded 3s-5000mah FLight lipo?

I only have about 7-9oz of FPV equip take onboard (no GoPro).
Looking for a steady, avg flight times of greater then 15mins to fly around FPV.

p.s.
I probably wont need the heavy camera DLR holder. I have a small 25gram CCD security camera for viewing FPV.
Also, I have flown FPV planes for 2years and I use Futaba 9c Super.
(its the aero version and not the heli version, is this a problem?).
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Turbo Ace X830-S carrying a Canon T3i DSLR camera for video

Video of X830-S carrying a Canon T3i 600D DSLR camera
Turbo Ace X830-S with Canon T3i 600D - First quad capable of carrying DSLR camera (1 min 22 sec)

This is the first commercially available quad to be able to carry a DSLR camera with extreme stability for videos and photos right out of the box!

The X830-S is highly reliable, it uses four 35A ESC with cooling algorism that can carry heavy payload with super low motor/ESC temperature.

Turbo Ace X830-S is a multi-rotor drone designed for recreational and professional applications including aerial photography, videography, surveillance and aerial inspections. Unlike most other multi-rotors that requires days of assembly, testing and debugging, the X830-S comes fully assembled, programmed and tuned with final test flight performed in the USA. State of the art features include cutting edge Xaircraft X650 flight controller, integrated vibration dampening super structure and dynamically balanced brushless motors and ESCs. Excellent flight stability plus optional vibrations dampening camera mount offer an exceptional platform for video and FPV options. With its high payload capacity, you can mount a variety of video camera and lense. Flexible features includes uploadable firmware capabilities, expandability to 6 and 8 motors systems and a multi-module architecture to ease maintenance and repairs.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
Jonathan,

I plan on using for FPV fun flying only, nothing commercial.

....what is the average/liesurely flight times with the upgraded 3s-5000mah FLight lipo?

I only have about 7-9oz of FPV equip take onboard (no GoPro).
Looking for a steady, avg flight times of greater then 15mins to fly around FPV.

p.s.
I probably wont need the heavy camera DLR holder. I have a small 25gram CCD security camera for viewing FPV.
Also, I have flown FPV planes for 2years and I use Futaba 9c Super.
(its the aero version and not the heli version, is this a problem?).
It will easily handle a 25gram CCD camera plus loads of batteries for half to one hour of flight time. I know you don't need the extra payload capacity but it is there when you need it such as carrying extra long flight battery. Due to it is extremely heavy duty, it will be much more stable compare to low/mid range quads. Aero version should be just fine.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:04 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
What setup do you recommend in terms of 2x Lipos (in parallel).

3s or 4s? (4000-8000mah? capacity?) average Flight times in normal
very gentle cruising/flying around.

I will haul around only about 7-10oz of FPV weight.

p.s.
do you have any vids' of flight durations? I know it will depend on many
factors such as windy conditions, battery condition, heavy throttle fingers:-),
but lets assume "in general".....

thanks.
I will order once answered :-)
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Last edited by LexusFPV; Dec 29, 2011 at 09:52 AM.