SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Dec 2011
47 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Galaxy

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I am new to the F3P world. I have been flying models since 1994 and recently became interested in F3P indoor pattern. I want to get my first kit but I have had several options come up. But recently, I saw a Hobby King Galaxy on www.hobbyking.com for $40.00 with the included motor. Before I buy this plane, I want to get all the information on it. If anyone has any type of information on this plane, please post below.

Thanks,
Mike
F3Pflyer is offline Find More Posts by F3Pflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:29 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Mike the Galaxy is a surprisingly good plane to be fair, From memory I think there was 4 or 5 used in the resent EIM comp in the UK (one mine) and they took 1st and 2nd in F3P-C.

Most of the guys use there own motor mounts, carbon and horns and the kit ones are not great but as a first build I would suggest using all kit gear. I belive the motors are not up to much either I never used mine.

The aim with F3P is build light the lighter the plane the better it will fly.

BB
barnesyboy is offline Find More Posts by barnesyboy
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
47 Posts
Thanks for the info BB. Also, what type of radios do people use on these airplanes. Right now, I have a 5 chsnnel. Also you said that people make their own
Motor mounts. How do they make them

Mike
F3Pflyer is offline Find More Posts by F3Pflyer
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:09 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
You want a minimum of 4ch I see else were you have a DX5 that will be fine,

When I say there own, people either make out of lighter ply than the supplied or use commercially available lighter stronger units like the carbon mounts from flying-dog.

Have a look through the many threads and you will see many different ways of mounting the motors, By the sounds of it it is your fist bash so I would suggest use kit supplied.

BB
barnesyboy is offline Find More Posts by barnesyboy
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:27 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
my included mount(just got mine today) is some kind of carbon-ish black stuff...really thin with holes in it for the motor. Pretty kit though and I have high hopes it'll fly good for me.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34