HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:25 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,734 Posts
Data
Park Zone T-28 "Navy" with new Park Zone 15 Brushless Motor!

After a nice XMAS picnic with the gang at work, I could not resist and went to fly at the my work sponsored RC Club field (KARS) which is adjacent to the picnic area and since I had my models in the Car already...

First went up was my Park Zone T-28 “Navy” that has flown and been in my hangar for over 3 years now. It has been though a lot but, still in pretty good shape and the last time I flew it was this past August 2011. The reason for it be grounded was because of a sudden noise coming from the STOCK and original motor and landed the model dead stick without any damage or incident.

Earlier yesterday morning I was able to remove the motor and observed that the rear securing ring at the end bell had seemed to slip off causing the motor to separate some and this might be the cause of the noise so, therefore, nothing really is wrong with the Stock original motor. However, I had already planned to change out the motor and decided on using the “new” Park Zone 15 (950Kv) that comes with the new Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX.

I went ahead and installed a new Park Zone 15 (950Kv) brushless motor and while swinging the Master Airscrew 3-Blade 10 X 7 X 3 and using some new Turnigy 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C, Li-POLY the AMP Meter indicated 19.8 AMPs at Full Throttle position with a whopper of 232 Watts!

Being that the model is exactly 6oz. heavier due to the larger Park Zone 15, the wind did not bother it in the least and it flew spectacular and I was able to command it to perform continuous Knife Edge. It had very good vertical, hang from the prop abilities.

This power system will stay on my good old T-28 “Navy” for some time to come!

Okay, I have several flights on my old trusty T-28 "Navy" which as you might understand is my experimentation platform...

I flew it three flights in the early morning at the same RC Club (Moon Port Modelers) and later at another RC Club (KARS) which is my work sponsored RC Club!

Here are a few pictures from this afternoon showing up close the "new" Park Zone 15 Brushless Motor (950Kv) and notice the metal frontal bell.

Also, the AR6100 has performed flawlessly. Both the PZ 15 and E-Flite 30-AMP come down ICE COLD!

Carlos
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:07 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,734 Posts
Update!

Changed out the Propeller to the APC "E" 2-Blade 9 X 7 and provides much better airspeed!!

Check it out at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=788
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member