SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:07 AM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
Discussion
Building a 6S Setup---Need your input and help???

Guys,

Coming from RC helicopter, and I have tons of 6s lipo laying around and I don't want to buy and stock more batteries. I want to build a 6s heavy lifting HexaCopter and I have finished building a 40" Hexa Frame.

My question is what boards can handle a 6S lipo?

Currently, I have a Hobby King V2 board that can fly in Hexa and also a Open Pilot Board that can fly hexa. Can either of them handle 6s Lipo? I couldn't seem to be able to find info on cell counts. But does it matter how many cells that I run, as the lipos are plug into the ESC and the board only gets the signal wire, which have only 5V??

I am also interested in getting the WooKong board if my other 2 boards can't run 6s. I think that can handle up to 6S.

Here are the electronic setups that I am thinking of, Please let me know your thoughts?? I can't seem to find anyone flying 6s setups that I can compare with. Biggest seem to be 5s.

Motor--Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5045-500kv

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html

ESC----TURNIGY Plush 60amp, or Turnigy dlux 100A

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=16367

Prop--APC14x4.7 and Also try JXF 15x6 and 16x6.

Battery will be three 5,000mah 6S. each battery plug into 2 motor to avoid having to do complicated wiring and get more amps out of the batteries.
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
Last edited by quadman; Dec 08, 2011 at 03:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Neither OP or HK-KK cares about number of cells in your battery. Both are powered by 5V from BEC either in your esc or separately. So no problem there. If your motors /esc support 6S you should be fine.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:12 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
You wish to go with the bec like timecop is pointing out even if the board did execept 6s directly. The noise generated on the power rails of a big heavy lifter is too much even if run through a pretty decent filter. A power filter with a bec behind it works well or at least has so far.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398