SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:33 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,241 Posts
Discussion
2012 US F3J Team

Hello Everyone!

The US F3J team is pleased to announce the team managers for the 2012 Team.
We had a list of well qualified candidates to chose from.

The senior team manager is Jim Monaco and the junior team manager is Gordon Buckland. We will have a strong management team and I am looking forward to working with them!

Welcome to the team guys!

Tom Kiesling
for the 2012 US F3J team
Cody Remington
Tom Kiesling
Bob McGowan
Dominick Lewis
Tristan Sherman
Dillon Graves
With Returning World Champions: Daryl Perkins and Brendon Beardsley!
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,793 Posts
Go... Team... Ggooooo!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, all!
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:31 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,913 Posts
You could not have picked two better men for the job. Its going to be a great team. Good luck guys.

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:56 PM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,950 Posts
Great choices! Jim is obviously a well seasoned manager and Gordon is awesome.

Let's get behind this team and provide the support they need to get to South Africa and win!

Mike Lee
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:59 AM
Joined Jan 2003
894 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence folks. This will be the most challenging event we have ever attended from a funding perspective. We have a large team and since we were fortunate enough to have TWO world champions at the last WC, we bring both Daryl and Brendon along to defend their titles...

Couple that with a very long distance and we have - shall I say - Challenges...

Having done this twice before I know what it takes to get this done and I have a great helper with Gordon so we could not have a better team. I also know that the soaring community has been very generous to the past F3J teams and I hope that generosity can continue. We expect to have a very nice raffle and some great merchandise for sale shortly. We are quite a bit behind the curve because the TS was so late in the year - so we are trying to get the ball rolling rapidly.

I am really excited to take this great group of pilots to South Africa and bring home all the medals for the US! Mike's last team set a very high bar - we now have an ambitious goal.

Thanks for everyone's support...
Jim
jimsoars is offline Find More Posts by jimsoars
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:11 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,051 Posts
Wow! Talk about a solid team.....jeeze.... The rest of the world is hating life!

Who is this Gordon Buckland guy though?

You guys are going to rock!

Kyle
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Dec 09, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,600 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,
Thank you for the enthusiastic support over the last few days and most of all thank you to those team pilots etc that showed faith in me as a Team Manager. I love promoting the sport of Soaring, I love writing about, photographing and reporting on soaring and I love making new friends as well. This opportunity affords me the chance to do lots of the above!
You can bet that I will work my #@#$ off for this great US Team and we will get them all to the Worlds inn Sth Africa and bring home the prize.

I am busily working on the new USA F3J Team website and it will be up in a couple of days with a shopping cart and the ability to purchase raffle tickets using your credit cards.
We really need urgent support to raise funds prior to the end of December so that certain matching grants programs can be used for the Year 2011. We have just 3 weeks left to get some funds in the bank to take advantage of the generosity of a few really good companies out there.

Please watch this space over the next few days and log on to our new site when it's up and buy some tickets in our enormous raffle. You haven't seen a soaring raffle anything like the one we have planned for you folks! Buy tickets in it during DEC and support your team.

One of the most fantastic prizes will a complete ICON II. Not just any Icon 2 either! This one will be Daryl Perkin's World Champs Icon set up only like Daryl can. Thanks Daryl and Don Peters of Maple Leaf Design for stepping up to the plate early with this one! What a great raffle centerpiece!
Gordon
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Dec 09, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 09:21 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,702 Posts
Should this thread be a sticky ?
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Dec 09, 2011, 10:37 PM
Sailplane Flyer
Berthoud CO
Joined Oct 2007
365 Posts
Congratulations to both Jim and Gordon.

This is truely an awesome team and now they have totally awesome TMs to lead the way.

I for one think this is really one of the strongest US teams.

I do agree with Jim this will be a very costly WC with extended travel expense, but I also know our great soaring community will be behind them with full support.

GO USA!
mikeverzuh is offline Find More Posts by mikeverzuh
Old Dec 09, 2011, 11:24 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
Should this thread be a sticky ?
I'm allready "stuck" to this thread! I will be following no matter where it goes!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,449 Posts
Hopefully WYMTS...

Tom
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:50 PM
TD- F3K- Slope - What to fly?
Cupertino CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson View Post
Wow! Talk about a solid team.....jeeze.... The rest of the world is hating life!

Who is this Gordon Buckland guy though?

Kyle
Looks like this Gordon Buckland fellow could be most helpful.
He seems to have the right attitude.

Maybe if we encourage him just a little,
and support him just a bit
he may turnout OK!
Dale Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Dale Thompson
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson View Post
hopefully wymts...

Tom
Hey KYOMSW!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:53 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,600 Posts
Team USA F3J MONSTER FUND-RAISER -

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We have begun to assemble the most AWESOME... The most incredible..... The most amazing list of merchandise you can imagine for the F3J Monster raffle.

The items you can take home include no less than an unprecedented 5 - (FIVE) F3J models along with a growing list of radios, electronics, servos and more.

Check out the details here on the new Team Website.

Remember the early bird catches the worm! and with our tickets the more you spend the less they cost each.

We really need your support before the end of the year as the Team is able to use funds raised in 2011 in a grants program.

So get your credit card out and reserve your piece of the action in the biggest soaring raffle ever! Yep this one is going to be a World record holder - with more prizes than any before.

Heres a direct link to the shopping cart to buy tickets.

We must thank the amazing sponsors that have already stepped up and made commitments to the Team. Please support these guys by going to their stores and buying product. The USA would not be able to get a Team to Soth Africa with this amazing support by sponsors who have put themselves out there with great donations.

This is an ever growing list but this is the start. Thank you to:

Soaring USA
Skip Miller Models
Kennedy Composites
Maple Leaf Design
MKS Servos USA
Airtronics
Radio Carbon Art.

Gordon Buckland
Junior Team Manager
www.teamusaf3j.com
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Dec 21, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:56 PM
Tristan S.
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
Hi guys! I just wanted to thank Gordon Buckland for helping make that awesome website, looks great! Also i will occasionally post some pics and videos of my journey to Africa.

It is really awesome to have such a huge competitive team this year, lets rally together and work hard to become the most competitive team the Worlds has ever seen!

-Tristan
The Sherminator is offline Find More Posts by The Sherminator