HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:44 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
Well XPS had there 15s+ ESc at the show ...couple more cells ought to balance it .
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,934 Posts
More Info

Chris,

How about some more info and pictures, and some of the BD5 in the background too

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMang View Post
Yeah, its all about box size. You can save a ton on shipping if you don't have an oversized box. The finish on the panther is vastly improved and they upper the thickness of the plastic too, so there's more durability. It's a very nice jet.

I'm surprised no one got pics of the huge hawk in the airtronics booth. It's huge and yes its electric. One of the next ntech jets coming out. Should be making an appearance at arf.

Chris
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:33 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
im impressed by the inlets on that hawk ....not too oversized.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, CA, Los Alamitos
Joined Jan 2011
965 Posts
Hawk

Hope the stabs are a better setup then the composite Jet Legend. There are two ducting sizes available for JL turbine/100mm or 120mm edf. BAE/T45 are great flying airplanes. Look forward to doing some tandem runs at AEF with mine and the N-Tech Hawk.
jefffassbinder is online now Find More Posts by jefffassbinder
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Align New 480 Multicopter
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:04 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,140 Posts
Quote:
Hope the stabs are a better setup then the composite Jet Legend
Jeff have you had any issues with your stab? I know there have been some issues... but I hope yours was fine. Mine seems good

I posted in my ron-e-max thread that I thought that was you in the align booth but I was thrown off by the helis
Me and my bud talked to you on friday about 450 heli's... shoot I should have said something but wasn't sure if that was you...

next time I know
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, Los Alamitos
Joined Jan 2011
965 Posts
Stabs

Ron,

Next time Ron I hope to meet you and put a face to the name. Yes all those are actually my helicopters. We use them for shows as well. Well I hope the N-tech is good as I hear, that they used dual servos for each stab. While I don't have one of the N-Tech I think that would be a great solution. That way we don't have to worry about that uniball type setup that is stock on the JL stab system. It's good but I would prefer to have dual servos as I was told on the N-Tech. I know there is a after market upgrade but haven't up graded just yet.

As far as jets the only one I really liked was that one in the static display that had the color of a P-39 Aircobra. That thing was awesome. Put a 120mm in that and have some great scale fun. I think it was one of our first jets here in the US. Whoever built that bird did a great job. It was on the right, when you first walked into the show.

I did see a few others but I really like those odd jets you don't see every day.
jefffassbinder is online now Find More Posts by jefffassbinder
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Align New 480 Multicopter
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
P-59 ...yes it was super nice and would fly scale on a 90...they were big ole dogs. they did the madien flight here at Edwards off the lake bed at what is now called north base. they put a wooden prop on it so people would think it was a prop job. Chino Air museam is restoring one to flying status
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Chris,

How about some more info and pictures, and some of the BD5 in the background too

Ralph
More pics and info on the hawk are here: http://mikegoesflying.wordpress.com/...ch-jets-model/

Sorry, I don't have any pics of the bd5. It was only the fuse, but its big too! It will be out around the same time as the hawk I believe.

Chris
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:45 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,897 Posts
man that hawk is pretty sweet!!!!!

i love bd-5's. that will be cool to see!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:08 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,504 Posts
Wow Ron, I missed you at the show!
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,015 Posts
P59

Hi Guys..the P59 kit is a Grumania....very nice but a bit pricy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
P-59 ...yes it was super nice and would fly scale on a 90...they were big ole dogs. they did the madien flight here at Edwards off the lake bed at what is now called north base. they put a wooden prop on it so people would think it was a prop job. Chino Air museam is restoring one to flying status
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,140 Posts
Quote:
Ron,

Next time Ron I hope to meet you and put a face to the name. Yes all those are actually my helicopters. We use them for shows as well. Well I hope the N-tech is good as I hear, that they used dual servos for each stab. While I don't have one of the N-Tech I think that would be a great solution. That way we don't have to worry about that uniball type setup that is stock on the JL stab system. It's good but I would prefer to have dual servos as I was told on the N-Tech. I know there is a after market upgrade but haven't up graded just yet.

As far as jets the only one I really liked was that one in the static display that had the color of a P-39 Aircobra. That thing was awesome. Put a 120mm in that and have some great scale fun. I think it was one of our first jets here in the US. Whoever built that bird did a great job. It was on the right, when you first walked into the show.

I did see a few others but I really like those odd jets you don't see every day.
Nice Heli collection Jeff!! I talked my bud into his first heli at the show..picked up a trex 450. I'll have to send you a pm about the 700E and 550E been thinking about grabing one and turning my old 600 to scale.

Quote:
Wow Ron, I missed you at the show!
Jim we went by your both twice to say Hi but you were two people deep...so I didn't want to bother you. Great looking booth... you sold one of my club mates a fan for his ziroli panther. Steve Woodward. They are really excited to get it going... will be cool to see more large EDF's at the club
I'll make sure we have time to BS next year
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101