HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2011, 09:08 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Discussion
Which is better? the Solo pro 100D or the MCP X or the Genius CP

Hi

Which of these helis is better in terms of power and performance?
Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100D
Blade MCP X

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Last edited by starscream4002; Dec 15, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
There have only been a few user feedbacks about the Solo Pro 100D. It seems to be more powerful and the tail holds better than the MCPx. It was reported as more twitchy in FFF but is more stable when inverted. However, there had been a number of negative feedbacks concerning durability. Moreover, there seems to be a few different versions going around. Some come with a metal shaft, others with a CF shaft. Sometimes the main gear is fixed while others are pushed on. There is also a version with tail struts. If you are looking at performance, you should also look at the Walkera Genius CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:32 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Thanks for your reply!

1. what is FFF?
2. I don't think durability will be a problem as I'll be flying in my livingroom (just hovering around) or outside at slow speeds and over grass(till I learn). I'll put spongy foam pieces where It may break as well.
3. What's the AUW of the genius CP and is there any vendor that ships to my country?

SS
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
Thanks for your reply!

1. what is FFF?
2. I don't think durability will be a problem as I'll be flying in my livingroom (just hovering around) or outside at slow speeds and over grass(till I learn). I'll put spongy foam pieces where It may break as well.
3. What's the AUW of the genius CP and is there any vendor that ships to my country?

SS
FFF = fast forward flight. The issue with the Solo Pro 100D is that it appears to be still in development and there aren't many spare parts around. There has been reliability problems reported as well. The weight of the Genius is just 35g, it is much more performance orientated than the MCPx.

There are a number of Hong Kong / Chinavendors who may ship to your country e.g.

Helipal.com
RC711.com
oomodel.com
ehirobo.com
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:58 AM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,523 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your reply!

1. what is FFF?

SS
If you're just learning, durability will most definitely be a concern. Actually, it will probably be the major concern.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:06 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
How is the genius's power? Is it more powerful than the solo pro 100D?

SS
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Quote:
How is the genius's power? Is it more powerful than the solo pro 100D?

SS
I don't think anybody here has a Genius and 100D to compare. But I wonder why power is so important unless you want to do 3D. The stock motor is more than good enough for sports flying. In that case, you should convert the heli to using a brushless motor. Both the MPCx and Genius CP have commercial brushless conversions that are tried and tested.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:04 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
so the stock power of these helis is not enough for 3D flying? they CAN climb very fast, can't they?

SS
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Quote:
so the stock power of these helis is not enough for 3D flying? they CAN climb very fast, can't they?

SS
They are good enough for 3D flying but only for the experienced. A more powerful brushless motor will make it much easier for a beginner. They will not climb very fast although they can actually fly quite fast.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:18 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
What's the thrust to weight ratio on the genius CP?
Which of these TXs is better? Devo 7 or WK2603?

SS
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:33 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,100 Posts
For what it's worth, go to your local hobby shop, look on the shelf for parts. If they don't have spare parts for the heli you want then you'll be waiting on mail order a lot. Around here (Toronto) every shop has mcpx parts. Makes for quick repairs so you can get back to flying. And foam won't help much, damage comes from the blades hitting the walk or ground. The sudden stop is what gets you. For me the spectrum rx is also important because I use a dx6i
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Quote:
What's the thrust to weight ratio on the genius CP?
Which of these TXs is better? Devo 7 or WK2603?

SS
I would definitely leave the 2603 alone. The Devo 7 is fully programmable by the interface rather cumbersome. You should also look at the Devo 6 and Devo 8. Concerning the Genius CP, it flies fast enough to give many an initial shock. That is why your hear comments that it is like a rocket or a sports car.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:52 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Thanks, My LHS has neither MCPX parts nor Genius CP parts. So all parts will be ordered...
So the DEVO 7 is better. What about the thrust to weight of the heli?
There seems to be a new heli coming as well... the nine eagles solo pro 125 3D. Should I wait for this one or get the genius CP?
Does the Genius have any known problems?

SS
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, My LHS has neither MCPX parts nor Genius CP parts. So all parts will be ordered...
So the DEVO 7 is better. What about the thrust to weight of the heli?
There seems to be a new heli coming as well... the nine eagles solo pro 125 3D. Should I wait for this one or get the genius CP?
Does the Genius have any known problems?

SS
I have not seen anybody talk about power to thrust ratio for helicopters. There are issues with the Genius as with all helicopters, but they seem to be less than those reported for the MCPx and Solo Pro 100D. The satisfaction rate seems to be higher as well, including those who own both a MCPx and Genius. The Solo Pro 125 looks good but you don't know when it will be available. The transmitter that comes with it only has 1 model memory and is way behind Walkera transmitters. If you want to get the Genius, you should ask in the Genius thread for more opinions and as to what spare parts you need to get.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:20 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I can wait till February for the solo pro 125. If it'll be better than the Genius then I'd better wait for it.