HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
47 Posts
i have windows 7 64bit and the gui doesnt work neither.
This is a nice board , plug and play , nice and easy to setup for a newbee.
rcnoble is offline Find More Posts by rcnoble
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:34 AM
Philippines, CALABARZON, Cavite City
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
Quote:
one problem thou, is it normal that both yaw and roll would work for arming? i just want it yaw.
same question
what do we need to edit in code to disable/enable arming by aileron stick?
r4rosal is offline Find More Posts by r4rosal
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4rosal View Post
same question
what do we need to edit in code to disable/enable arming by aileron stick?
Code:
      } else if ( (rcData[YAW] < MINCHECK || rcData[ROLL] < MINCHECK)  && armed == 1) {
        if (rcDelayCommand == 20) armed = 0; // rcDelayCommand = 20 => 20x20ms = 0.4s = time to wait for a specific RC command to be acknowledged
      } else if ( (rcData[YAW] > MAXCHECK || rcData[ROLL] > MAXCHECK) && rcData[PITCH] < MAXCHECK && armed == 0 && calibratingG == 0 && calibratedACC == 1) {
        if (rcDelayCommand == 20) {
          armed = 1;
smallest change: replace the ROLL with YAW in the code fragment above to disable arm/disarm via aileron stick.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
Hi Zombee,

Good to hear problem is solved.

I use switch to arm and am not interested in stick combination. I want to avoid arm/disarm inadvertently during flight.

It is a problem if motor value is jumping up and down and the copter is not stable . Is it so in gyro only mode?

I would advise to ask other each question in appropriate thread to get better answer.

Again, I cannot understand what you are trying to do with Bluetooth. Are you trying to connect MultiWii GUI over Bluetooth?
Did you check the connection really works? I checked with Blueterm on Android phone to verify I can really send character through it.
I understand standard Processing GUI is not stable even with Toshiba stack. WinGUI works better. See around here. It is working for me, too.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=852

GPS? Where did you get the idea serial GPS works with ATmega 328? It has only one hardware serial port and it is already used. Current 2.0 implementation requires tricky connection, connects GPS with I2C through other Arduino. Crius SE does not have open I2C pin as it is discussed here in these few days.

Satoru
Hello, thanks, i think its my pc that needs to be upgraded, it cant even connect to gui xD, lucky i have a spare laptop

About the bluetooth,
i can get it to pair but i cant get readings, ive tried upgrading back to 1.9 just to try the android program, but its just not talking to the fc.
How do i do this? im using a bluetooth dongle on both my pc and laptop, its using a bluesolei, and on my pc, i pair the it first at the "my bluetooth places" and open gui then use the serial comport shown on the bluetooth places.

is there anything im doing wrong?

ok about the gps.
that just disappoints me , i always assumed that Crius is a MEGA board xD and those things with heaps of wires and some wii console parts is the 328p one.

but thanks for the info, looks like no hope for me, if its some kind of tricky programming.
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
[QUOTE=ThePara;21194001]Dumi:
1. Take off the propellers, turn off stable mode and see if the motors spin up and down together, with very small variations between them. If they don't, you'll have to reflash the board using a different computer. I had a serious instability problem while using my laptop, and it went away when I started using a desktop instead. And I see Zombee ran into the same trouble.
2. Before you try to trim the accelerometer, you have to trim the multi in acro mode ( only gyroscope ) using your remote TX trims. You need to have a near-vertical takeoff, with absolutely zero tendency to yaw, and the smallest tendency to swing back/forth or to the sides.
3. After it hovers OK in acro, lift it 1m (3 feet) to clear ground effect, engage stable mode and see the drift. Land, disarm motors, trim accelerometer from sticks, disengage stable, take off in acro, engage stable, observe drift, land, trim, rinse and repeat until uou have a stable craft.

Hi thanks para
I reflashed the board with the same pc, (i think) the jumping seems to ease down a bit, but it is still jumping at about 30-50 on the motor value.

as i understand, this instructions are to get the quad running smooth
so you saying that i have to trim acro(gyro) which i think is everything on gui is deactivated, like the baro, accelerometer(auto level, or stab?) and variometer(alt hold) and when its done, turn on only accel, and use the stick combination to trim it?

ok ive had crius for more than 20 backyard flights now, but ive never done this, i was never happy on my settings xD ill try this today and see what happens

thanks
Zombee

Best of luck
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Well, I have a feeling my Crius board is shot or something. After upgrading and downgrading a bit today the magnetometer is out of wack and nothing seems to be right. I've used this FC before on this frame without issues, but today with new ESCs, motors and everything it's gone mad. Sure, SOME vibrations get to it but this ain't right. What happens is that I start it, hold the quad over my head and it keeps wobbling violently in random directions, even more so with the ACC on. One thing I noticed in the multiwii gui too, when I go full throttle and full aileron right or left the "cycles" counter jumps to 5000 and sometimes all the way up to 15000 and makes the whole program freeze. That has never happened before.

Also, I can arm it just fine, but once it's armed my aileron suddenly controls yaw and my yaw controls the aileron. I can feel it when I hold it over my head and move the sticks. I just tried taking off sloooooowly, it just went from sitting on the ground to suddenly jumping right into a wall and that chipped a prop. So yeah, I'm out of flight controllers now, might just put a KK board on it and see if it's not another part of the hardware that's faulty.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
Code:
      } else if ( (rcData[YAW] < MINCHECK || rcData[ROLL] < MINCHECK)  && armed == 1) {
        if (rcDelayCommand == 20) armed = 0; // rcDelayCommand = 20 => 20x20ms = 0.4s = time to wait for a specific RC command to be acknowledged
      } else if ( (rcData[YAW] > MAXCHECK || rcData[ROLL] > MAXCHECK) && rcData[PITCH] < MAXCHECK && armed == 0 && calibratingG == 0 && calibratedACC == 1) {
        if (rcDelayCommand == 20) {
          armed = 1;
smallest change: replace the ROLL with YAW in the code fragment above to disable arm/disarm via aileron stick.
many thanks for this
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
UK, Redcar and Cleveland, Redcar
Joined Feb 2010
297 Posts
Not a good day

Hi guys, after building a few quads and tri's with various shields I thought I'd take a look at these so I ordered the SE board, It arrived yesterday but unfortunatley my sparkfun ftdi board would not upload the code.
I picked up another ftdi today and set about getting this one done turned out to be a longer day than I planned then the drivers on the pc crapped out, reinstalled all's ok surely!
Nope the pitch and yaw are not working and when I give throttle the pitch moves too It also keeps changing the pid settings on me evertime I write to the board they come back different and usually way out
After 8 hours straight (patient or what) I've finally given up on my first entry to the AIO world of multiwii. I've mailed the supplier that I will be returning this board asap.
I've cut this story way way down but you name it and its probably gone wrong on this board.I did try all of the latest releases from 1.9 up to 2.0 including the pre releases.
All in... not happy with this one shame really I'd heard good things about em too.

Thanks for reading the rant guys I feel better now .

Regards Keith
Kf52t is offline Find More Posts by Kf52t
Last edited by Kf52t; Apr 07, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:46 PM
UK, Redcar and Cleveland, Redcar
Joined Feb 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Well, I have a feeling my Crius board is shot or something. After upgrading and downgrading a bit today the magnetometer is out of wack and nothing seems to be right. I've used this FC before on this frame without issues, but today with new ESCs, motors and everything it's gone mad. Sure, SOME vibrations get to it but this ain't right. What happens is that I start it, hold the quad over my head and it keeps wobbling violently in random directions, even more so with the ACC on. One thing I noticed in the multiwii gui too, when I go full throttle and full aileron right or left the "cycles" counter jumps to 5000 and sometimes all the way up to 15000 and makes the whole program freeze. That has never happened before.

Also, I can arm it just fine, but once it's armed my aileron suddenly controls yaw and my yaw controls the aileron. I can feel it when I hold it over my head and move the sticks. I just tried taking off sloooooowly, it just went from sitting on the ground to suddenly jumping right into a wall and that chipped a prop. So yeah, I'm out of flight controllers now, might just put a KK board on it and see if it's not another part of the hardware that's faulty.
Wanna swap boards lol sounds like we both had the same day m8
Kf52t is offline Find More Posts by Kf52t
Last edited by Kf52t; Mar 31, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Got the BT working xD, i was plugging the module where i plug my FTDI, i was suppost to plug it at the TTL port xD
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Millaa Millaa
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Motors won't arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
It is best to use your end point adjustments (EPA, or ATV) in your tx to get the channels to 1000/2000. The board won't arm if throttle or rudder don't have the proper range. Elevator and aileron don't matter as much, and if you turn on dual rates, they will show the lower ranges.
Turn down the RC rate in the gui, or use your dual rate on the tx to get the desired control authority. Turn down the P on yaw for more authority, or turn up the yaw rate. This lowers the P as you get further from mid stick.

Another Newbie here.

I have been scratching around this topic trying to find what I have done wrong as my transmitter will not arm the motors throught the Crius Multiwii SE board.

I have followed the PDF Newbies Guide.
The USB Multiwiiconfig_1.9 works and I am getting pitch and yaw.
All ESCs have been configured.
Power on : ESC all beep correctly and board shows red and green LED steady.
Transmitter is configured for an X quad.
Pictures here http://www.smallpond.com.au/quad/crius.htm

Where do I start looking?
Is there a process of elimination if I disconnect and connect the wires to the board?

Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks
John
jmcg is offline Find More Posts by jmcg
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
@JMCG,
maybe you should check first if your transmitter ATV or EPA adjustment.
increase the TRAVEL of your AILERON, RUDDER, ELEVATOR, THROTTLE.

make sure all of the above reaches 1000/2000 in the GUI at full sticks

just noticed int your pictures, the ESCs should be in NORMAL startup mode NOT SOFT
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcg View Post
Another Newbie here.

I have been scratching around this topic trying to find what I have done wrong as my transmitter will not arm the motors throught the Crius Multiwii SE board.

I have followed the PDF Newbies Guide.
The USB Multiwiiconfig_1.9 works and I am getting pitch and yaw.
All ESCs have been configured.
Power on : ESC all beep correctly and board shows red and green LED steady.
Transmitter is configured for an X quad.
Pictures here http://www.smallpond.com.au/quad/crius.htm

Where do I start looking?
Is there a process of elimination if I disconnect and connect the wires to the board?

Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks
John

and...

with ftdi connected, in the GUI screen, turn on your transmitter and move the sticks to see values changing on the screen. If the values don't change when you move the sticks, you may check the receiver/transmitter.
ericogr is offline Find More Posts by ericogr
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:07 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,284 Posts
Hi guys, I am looking into picking up the multiwii se to power my FPV tricopter. I was going to get the FTDI with it but since I have an android phone and a Macbookpro I was think I could just use a bluetooth board.

will the bluetooth board above work and will I still need a FTDI for the frist few setups or will I be able to do it all through the bluetooth module?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:10 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
The FTDI board is cheap, so just buy it. Don't quote me on this, but you probably can't update the firmware over bluetooth.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck