HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
i have servo problem before now seem to be gone after i started using hitec servo those cheap towerpro and turnigy servo never work on my multiwii tri
for "jittery" servos, if you had a long cable to the servo that runs parallel to the motor-esc wires to the tail, then maybe you can try to add a ferrite choke (at the servo end to the servo cable), to reject some of the interference from the esc.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:35 AM
Philippines, CALABARZON, Cavite City
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
help please, I'm a newbie

My FC is CRIUS Multiwii Lite v0.2 software v1.9

I need the raw, untouched code please.
Messed up the code, now my quad x is hovering like a mad cow
r4rosal is offline Find More Posts by r4rosal
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:42 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4rosal View Post
help please, I'm a newbie

My FC is CRIUS Multiwii Lite v0.2 software v1.9

I need the raw, untouched code please.
Messed up the code, now my quad x is hovering like a mad cow
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
thanks very much Atx_Heli

among the list, which one is for lite version?

the filenames doesn't show the lite version
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Hi all.
Tried the new pre 2.0 software out today on my muck about quad.
Great news is that the Crius board SE is easily configured as it exists in the multiwii config.Just uncomment the board and all the correct sensors are enabled.
The mag and baro now works!
I upped the mag setting from 4 to 10 and it really holds yaw very well.
Tried the carefree mode too.This truly screws your head up
For years i have been learning to fly,finding the difficult bit to be correctly responding to the craft in various orientations.With carefree enabled it doesn't matter!
I arm the craft with it pointing directly away from me.The cyclic stick(roll/pitch) then moves the craft in the same direction you push the stick, regardless of any subsequent yaw commands.
I know that most of you will already know this stuff but i am truly impressed with this board and the stability of my quad.Tis well good
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
thanks very much Atx_Heli

among the list, which one is for lite version?

the filenames doesn't show the lite version
each firmware source code revision has ALL the configurations in it...you have to comment and uncomment various lines and then compile with Arduino sketch and download to the board.....see newbie guide in post 979....read it....the last section explains how to configure for the V1.9 source and SE board....post 454 has the 1.9 code with additions that select SE sensors or Lite sensors with a single line....you still have to mod for the other options (again read the guide)

the pre-release 2.0 version in that list have the sensor config defines included also...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
ok, many thanks again
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Latest newbies guide

I updated the last section finally for Lite boards since the questions come up again and again....I don't own one so I originally wrote the guide just help me before I got my first SE board, but I have decided to add the Lite compile options in it...

EDIT: latest guide is in Post 1
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Apr 23, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
I updated the last section finally for Lite boards since the questions come up again and again....I don't own one so I originally wrote the guide just help me before I got my first SE board, but I have decided to add the Lite compile options in it...
Just downloaded guide.Very comprehensive and useful info.
Really nice to see good support like this as the first attempt at a multirotor is a big hurdle.
Great work and many thanks Atx_Heli
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhaha View Post
can you show the config vdo
arm motor and throttle up down
Confirm VDO? or do you mean GUI?
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Nov 2008
90 Posts
Hi guys,

Firstly, I've been following this thread for months and am wowed at the progress the board's followers have made. We appear to have some coding einsteins;watching the jump from multiwii v1.9 to v2.0 made me go out and buy the board

Which brings me onto a total noob question...

Basically, I appear to have a crius SE board which has no stability in its roll or yaw axis and would like to know what's up with it.

After going through enough pages of this thread to take up an afternoon and half an evening, I don't think I've seen any guide that can help or similar query.

The board is dead centre on the frame and vibration-free. A week of PID tuning has been fruitless. The board is always tested with the accelerometer, mag and baro disabled.

Interestingly, the pitch axis appears to work fine.

This scenario is consistent regardless of the code. I have tried both 1.9 and 2.0.

Also interestingly...

-My debug1 values are in the thousands (approx 3000 within 10 seconds of connecting the board)

-My debug 2,3 and 4 values are zero

-The sensor graph shows no irregularities in the gyro readings. All present a flat line when the board is undisturbed. Rolling the board right causes the roll reading to move upwards, as I believe it should (gyro sense direction is correct)

-Accelerometer readings are all over the place, jumping wild amounts regardless of calibration.

-The bottom-right 'quadcopter graphic' shows erratic movement even when the quad is stationery. Sometimes it will spin a full 360, other times it will twitch from side to side on a random axis (which can be pitch).

Help!
yamax87 is offline Find More Posts by yamax87
Last edited by yamax87; Mar 17, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
@AtxHeli,
I've followed the guide and edited the code for lite FC board but when I uploaded the code the the lite board, the status LED (blue) just keeps on blinking.

but if I upload the SE code, the lite board accepts it.

btw,
my lite board has these chips:
ITG3205
ADXL345B

if I use #define ADXL345 the status LED blinks but if I use #define BMA180, the board accepts the code. (the board clearly has 345B chip on it)

what's the meaning of the blue LED blinking? wrong code? but code's ok after compiling (no error)
Last edited by r4rosal; Mar 17, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Jul 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Confirm VDO? or do you mean GUI?
gui with VDO
golfhaha is offline Find More Posts by golfhaha
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamax87 View Post
-The bottom-right 'quadcopter graphic' shows erratic movement even when the quad is stationery. Sometimes it will spin a full 360, other times it will twitch from side to side on a random axis (which can be pitch).
Of You already did acc calibration and "write", right (copter should be level and stationary)?
If yes, try to press with finger on acc/gyro chip when copter is attached to PC (not armed, better take off props - safer). If something changes (You get straight lines in GUI) - then You got cold soldering. Re-flow chip with hot air (or ask in mobile phone repair box to do it for You).
And test with gyro-only first. That will help to isolate problem (when testing acc+gyro combo, You won't know what is failing - maybe just gyro and acc axis mixed up - yaw acc to roll gyro, etc...).
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
@AtxHeli,
I've followed the guide and edited the code for lite FC board but when I uploaded the code the the lite board, the status LED (blue) just keeps on blinking.

but if I upload the SE code, the lite board accepts it.

btw,
my lite board has these chips:
ITG3205
ADXL345B

if I use #define ADXL345 the status LED blinks but if I use #define BMA180, the board accepts the code. (the board clearly has 345B chip on it)

what's the meaning of the blue LED blinking? wrong code? but code's ok after compiling (no error)
ADXL345 on the crius boards is usually the cheapest crap version available, generally with huge bias on all axises. You DO need to #define ADXL345, but you also need to do acc calibration after that. It should then stop blinking.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)