SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
The board and FTDI breakout just arrived, but the Hobbyking package was delayed by customs so I can't do anything yet. Boo. I suppose I could connect the board to my computer and see if it works.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Please connect it to PC, check all sensors, and shake, twist, rock'n'roll board
Won't it get mad?
Video will be preferrable, of course
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
"BUT if the boards gets cheaper it would be more viable for me to buy another instead of paying the return postal fee. "

That is what most Chinese wholesalers depend on. I guess it comes down to cheap vs quality and support is all. Some people prefer lower prices over someone standing behind the product for help or if somethig fails/arrives with issues is all. Pros and cons to both, not trying to argue about it, just offerring an opinion.
The cheap vs quality argument has never stood any ground being honest , the vast majority of electronics in everything today are made cheaply in China or some little sweatshop somewhere it is very very very very rare at our level to find anything that is made with quality over cost no matter what anybody says.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:27 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprud View Post
Please connect it to PC, check all sensors, and shake, twist, rock'n'roll board
Won't it get mad?
Video will be preferrable, of course
I'm not sure how to do this. I've intalled the drivers for the FTDI board and it's alright. But connecting it to the Crius board gives me nothing, I see a red and orange led on it. Shows up in the Device Manager as a "USB Serial Port" with an exclamation mark next to it. Do you need drivers for the Multiwii board too?

I'll test it on my Macbook as well.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:36 PM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
Connect it to the PC (or MAC) and start MultiWiiConf_1_9.
Drekavac is online now Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:39 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
Connect it to the PC (or MAC) and start MultiWiiConf_1_9.
Already done that. it's connected to my Macbook, Multiwiiconf is running... I hit start, it starts, blue led flashes once, I can read the values on it. However, the graphs don't move and it says that acc is off, baro, mag etc is also off. I get no values off it.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,129 Posts
I am sorry guys but I am a bit confused with the features of this board after reading a bunch of stuff in this thread.

Does it offer altitude hold and has a barometer appart the accelerometers? I could use some enlightenemnt.

On to the cheap vs expensive site discussion... Please take a moment and calculate what does really cost in this industry? It's not the manufaction that's for sure...The research is what costs a lot.... Now since the research is been done by another person or group I don't see any reason why these boards or any board costing anything above $50. You can get pcb boards with electronics much bigger that a FC at a fraction of the price. The materials cost at the worse case scenario $15 if not less. And on the other hand you see every single board that is marketed outside china beeing in the range of $150-$450 for a couple of features more not to mention you have to buy extra parts to unlock those features.. I believe that is extortion and I am not planning to get ripped off.
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
This is what I see on my PC and Mac when I connect the board and start Multiwiiconf. With and without modified config.h and def.h files. I must be doing something wrong.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
OHH, nevermind, I tried 1.9 and it works fine now. Phew!

Now how do you turn on baro and mag?

Ahh, so many numbers.. I'm not sure what to do here. I'll put together the quad tomorrow or on wednesday. Then it's time for lots of trial and error I guess.
Last edited by WiseDuck; Dec 12, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:50 PM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
If your TX is not connected, then mark switches for baro and mag on MID point, then they must come on.
Drekavac is online now Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
I am using HK KK board on my first quad but want to upgrade to MWC for my second one.
Do I just buy this one: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mwc-multi...breakout-.html and I am set to go ?
Do you turn on auto hover, heading hold and attitude hold on the TX by flipping a switch? So I will need a 7ch TX minimum, right?
Can I also use this LCD: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Do I understand it correctly that this project started out as arduino + Wii components with homebrew software and now they mass produce same boards on the factory?
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
One thing I'd like to know before I assemble the quad later: How do I power the board? With just one ESC? Will using more than one burn the board or is it safe to just connect all 4? I don't think I've seen a proper manual for this thing yet.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
one esc bec - disconnect and heatshrink the other red wires on the other 3 escs.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
I am sorry guys but I am a bit confused with the features of this board after reading a bunch of stuff in this thread.

Does it offer altitude hold and has a barometer appart the accelerometers? I could use some enlightenemnt.

On to the cheap vs expensive site discussion... Please take a moment and calculate what does really cost in this industry? It's not the manufaction that's for sure...The research is what costs a lot.... Now since the research is been done by another person or group I don't see any reason why these boards or any board costing anything above $50. You can get pcb boards with electronics much bigger that a FC at a fraction of the price. The materials cost at the worse case scenario $15 if not less. And on the other hand you see every single board that is marketed outside china beeing in the range of $150-$450 for a couple of features more not to mention you have to buy extra parts to unlock those features.. I believe that is extortion and I am not planning to get ripped off.
Why are you ranting about the price of the board relative to others when your opening sentence says you don't know what features it has?

There are two versions of the board, one with gyros, acc, baro, and magnetometer, and a lite version with just gyros and acc.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, South York
Joined Aug 2002
262 Posts
Flight report

Ive had mine for a week now and finally fitted it to my Jakubs Lunar lander.

Flew it last night in a gale with driving rain, I sat in my dining room.

The board is an SE version and I flew it out of the box without modifying the code.

FLIES A TREAT. Exactly the same as my flyduino, I didn't even have to trim it. The magnetometer works well and held it well in the wind. I can't report on the Baro as the wind was dreadful

Ive loaded 1.9 onto it now with the config from above.

One issue I have is I can't get AUX2 working, Ive tried pin 8 and 12 by modifying def.h with
#define AUX2PIN 8 // optional PIN 8 or PIN 12
This didn't work

Anyone know if there is something else I need to do

Cheers

David
himagain is offline Find More Posts by himagain