HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:04 AM
The Netherlands, FR, Wymbritseradiel
Joined Oct 2005
58 Posts
I found my BT module by the post last night.
I changed the baud of the module to 115200 and uncommented the #define BTSERIAL rule.
My quad wil not arm...BT connection works fine.

When I change back to //#define BTSERIAL it wil arm.

With the #define BTSERIAL active(with or without the module) the blueled stays blinking a pattern.

off 3 secconds, long, short, short

edit: the BT works fine (//#define BTSERIAL)
ariekraakjr is offline Find More Posts by ariekraakjr
Last edited by ariekraakjr; Feb 04, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:07 AM
The Netherlands, FR, Wymbritseradiel
Joined Oct 2005
58 Posts
ariekraakjr is offline Find More Posts by ariekraakjr
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:35 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariekraakjr View Post
I changed the baud of the module to 115200 and uncommented the #define BTSERIAL rule.

With the #define BTSERIAL active(with or without the module) the blueled stays blinking a pattern.

Hee man

Je hoeft die regel niet te uncommenten.. hij werkt prima zonder..

Ik neem aan dat je met je android app wil werken?

Op je PC moet je de Toshiba Bluetooth stack installeren.

Gr. Bjorn
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:57 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
From what i can tell, you need to do some heavy tweaking to get the stability correct, and same with the other sensors. Keep trying with different PID settings for the sensors. You should get it right in the long run.....
+1

From reading the threads/forums , you will either strike lucky and do very little tweaking ( or be happy with settings that others would think sloppy ? ) or do a lot of tweaking until it is absolutely perfect. My Quad is small ( the Excellent Bambucopter ) and so far i have my Quad with Crius stable but not perfect enough for me , i still have a random twitch that jerks one of my motors up/down around 2-3mm , on a large quad probably acceptable but not to me lol.

At the moment , no more tuning , my quad decided to flip and head towards the ground at full speed breaking the motors and i think an esc , no problems as the frame is still perfect , whil i wait for new parts i am building a Arduino nano+ nunchuk and WM+ to play with on another quad , the Baro never worked properly and the Mag is pretty random.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
@Zombee

I agree.

No offence but we cant help if you give us the wrong information because the info you gave clearly showed that the motors were connected in the wrong order, now , if you are 100% sure that that wasnt the case then we shall be begin again lol.
Thats not the case i didnt give wrong info, i did put the 3 9 10 11 with the orientation thing unprepared, but as i said that is not the case, my problems are on the inputs not the outputs, before when the board was fresh from the mail it gave me all sensible values from gui, not like now it just gives me random values, and that happened when i plugged the mode channel on the rx ch 5 when it was on then thats where everything turned up not the same as before.
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
Zombee, I went through the same frustration as you, for a full week. I broke a couple of props and dipped an ESC into the snow just trying the maiden take off.
All the time, I was using my Vaio laptop to do arduino programming and GUI config. Everything was wrong: on static tests on the floor, with just the Crius board and the RX connected, I would get uneven motor spin on throttle-up and randomly the PID/switches would get modified values without me touching a thing.
After a week I gave up, went upstairs, heated the soldering iron, and started building a shield for the Flyduino Mega, with a WMP+, a Nunchuck, a 3.3V level adapter board and the Sparkfun breakout boards for mag and baro. And since I was at my bench, I also used the desktop to do the programming and config. Now, on power-on, motor arm and throttle-up, all 4 motors values went up and down at the same rate, with just a last digit variation between them. Then I went down to install it on the quad, and naturally I started using the laptop again, which is when all went south on the Flyduino board, as well.
So the inspiration hit me: got the Crius, went to the desktop, did a reprogram and config, install it back on the quad, went outside and flew it Everything was working as it should.

Now, if you want to reset the PID values to default, just download the MultiWii_dev_20120121 and the associated Conf, and reflash the board, then flash back to Crius_1.9

[LE] Oh, and use a different computer to program the board. First test woud be with only the Crius and the RX connected, powered via FTDI. Arm motors and put throttle to 75%. If one motor goes to full, two are at 75% and one is 50% you are still in trouble. Try another computer.
thanks i tried to reupload the code but it was the same, but ill try the multiwii this time

I dont thinkg itd be the computer it wasnt the same when i said when things got crazy when i plugged the mode ch to ch5 on rx while everything on, connected on ftdi, powered trough battery,
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
@zombee

Nope what you gave us was
3 top left
9 top right
10 b right
11 b left

which is wrong , now you can argue what you like but you started off giving us the wrong information , fact, end of that bit.

Now

If the GUI is giving you random readouts onscreen then i suggest you first reinstall all drivers and then use Arduino 0023 to upload the Crius 1.9g which is available to download from this thread. Do not connect the motors or battery and instead run the Crius board and Receiver via the power from the FTDI, you do not need the esc's or motors to be connected nor the battery.

IF you still have random numbers , then disconnect the receiver and just run the board connected to the FTDI, that will rule out your TX and RX.

IF you are still having random numbers in the GUI then i would suggest that either your Crius board is faulty or your PC or FTDI, change to another PC or FTDI and start again.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:48 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariekraakjr View Post

that define is for using a bluetooth equipped cellphone to CONTROL your copter instead of by an RC transmitter....to use the BT module to communicate with the Config appp for a phone OR the PC, you only have to attach it to the serial pins on the board and NOT have an FTDI module attached...They share the same TX and RX signals...
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:55 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
that define is for using a bluetooth equipped cellphone to CONTROL your copter instead of by an RC transmitter....to use the BT module to communicate with the Config appp for a phone OR the PC, you only have to attach it to the serial pins on the board and NOT have an FTDI module attached...They share the same TX and RX signals...
Yes NOT HAVE an FTDI module attached.. found that out after more grey hairs appeared..... Maybe another thing to add to the beginners guide there Atx_Heli!
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:03 AM
Duarte, CA
Joined Jun 2008
218 Posts
I maidened my first quadcopter this weekend. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread especially Atxheli for the great newbie's guide.

Flight Stabilization Board: Crius AIO Multiwii SE
Frame: KK X525 Quadcopter Frame
Motors: (4x) KEDA A20-22L Brushless Outrunner 924Kv
ESC: (4x) Headsuprc 22 Amp
Props: (2x) Gemfan 10x4.5 (2x) Gemfan 10x4.5R
BEC: Powerup 3Amp UBEC
Receiver: FrSky V8R7 7ch 2.4 GHz
Battery: 3s 2200mAh 30C Lipo Battery

Video from second flight attached. I'm still getting used to this multirotor control thing.

Quadcopter Flight 2: Crius AIO Multiwii SE (3 min 20 sec)
triple_b is offline Find More Posts by triple_b
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:13 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple_b View Post
I maidened my first quadcopter this weekend. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread especially Atxheli for the great newbie's guide.

Flight Stabilization Board: Crius AIO Multiwii SE
Frame: KK X525 Quadcopter Frame
Motors: (4x) KEDA A20-22L Brushless Outrunner 924Kv
ESC: (4x) Headsuprc 22 Amp
Props: (2x) Gemfan 10x4.5 (2x) Gemfan 10x4.5R
BEC: Powerup 3Amp UBEC
Receiver: FrSky V8R7 7ch 2.4 GHz
Battery: 3s 2200mAh 30C Lipo Battery

Video from second flight attached. I'm still getting used to this multirotor control thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-Ei_o-yxo
Would you mind sharing your PID settings? looks good.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2010
56 Posts
I have my board rock stable !! can even do a hands off hover! will post settings and video.just needed a starting point
AEROCAM is offline Find More Posts by AEROCAM
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
549 Posts
Thanks Aerocam, that would be great. I was tuning mine up last sunday but found as I put the P setting higher, it would be more stable but I would loose altitude for some reason. It would not climb as well, or at all once I got it up to a settings over 6.0. I am missing something here........
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Problems with HEX + config

Hey guys,

After successfully running my micro quad for a while I have suffered a crash that has prompted me to build a small HEX + using the parts from my old copter plus a few extra motors and ESC.

I have tried to change the working code I had for my quad x to a hex + by swapping the defines in the start of the code but seem to be having issues. All I am getting is a lot of flashing from the led indicator on the board.
Has anyone had any similar experience that might be able to offer some help?
I have attached some pictures of the old quad that I crashed and some of the new frame I have designed and routed on a cnc mill.

Please let me know what you think of the new frame.

Matt
Matt. is offline Find More Posts by Matt.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
Duarte, CA
Joined Jun 2008
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Would you mind sharing your PID settings? looks good.
Soupbones. I'm just using the default Multiwii software PID settings for now. I believe they are P: 4 I: 0.005 D: 15. I may tweak them a bit as I get more comfortable with the platform.
triple_b is offline Find More Posts by triple_b