HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDTOM View Post
Hi soupbones, Thanks for the comeback, I guess I didn't make myself clear...
The board continues to point north and the qui quad yaws around.......

As far as the mounting goes, because of the foldling frame I want to use, it will be difficult to mount this board square.....I will have to make a stand off adapter and add hight to the copter that I would rather not do....I Know that it can be changed , I just can't find the way to do it.

I am not new to multi rotors, just wii.

Thanks again..
Hi mine have the same problem like that when I point my tri north and roll the tri, the mag sensor will move around also the the point when I inverted the tri the heading will show south when I m pointing north. Don't know this is normal or not.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Thought I would just mention since I have not yet, very nice guide and thanks for taken the time to do it Atx_Heli.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDTOM View Post
Hi soupbones, Thanks for the comeback, I guess I didn't make myself clear...
The board continues to point north and the qui quad yaws around.......

Thanks again..
OK, well not good. Yours is the Crius SE version, and not the lite version right? If its the SE version, then you may have an issue there. From what I have read and researched, if it has a magometer, then it should turn around on the display, and show you the direction your board is pointed at.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadine View Post
Hi mine have the same problem like that when I point my tri north and roll the tri, the mag sensor will move around also the the point when I inverted the tri the heading will show south when I m pointing north. Don't know this is normal or not.
did you calibrate the magnetometer? may need to do that from the gui.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
I have did the calibration in thr GUI. And turn 360* in all axis. Same result. I m using. Crius Se. Not the lite version.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
If its not moving on the GUI then it may be faulty.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
i just finished building my quad and i ran into a big problem, 1st is my Java GUI window is messed up the screen is in the middle but i have to move the screen to the upper left to match up with the window

2nd, When i arm the board i and look on the gui then i throttle up i get no balance values (autolevel off) one of the motor slows down gradually as i see the gui values goes down
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Have u calibrate the gyro and Acc
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,437 Posts
Quote:
I have did the calibration in thr GUI. And turn 360* in all axis. Same result. I m using. Crius Se. Not the lite version.
you might need to decrease the sensor gain in the init code.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...it=5883l#p1945
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Thanks. Noobee. Will try it tonight.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Btw Noobee. What I should do? Reduce the gain to mag or sway axis?
Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Btw Noobee. What I should do? Reduce the gain to mag or sway axis?
Thanks
i think i'll just follow the sample code (using 0x60 as an initial try).

also, have you updated your mag orientation? your code should define the mag orientation as follows:

Code:
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = -Y;  magADC[PITCH]  = X; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

someone also created a new CRIUS_SE type, which is handy.

Code:
#if defined(CRIUS_SE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define BMP085
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  X; accADC[PITCH]   = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  X;  gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = -Y;  magADC[PITCH]  = X; magADC[YAW]  = Z;} 
  #define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
#endif
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Setting up bluetooth is pretty easy ,just make sure the BT device is running at the correct baud rate and then connect it to you phone using multiwii, takes minutes once youve understood what you need to do.
Ok my BT module came today. Did some serious reading and it is wired up correct I am sure, but I am having some issues.
Firstly, I can get a connection with my module to Bluetooth on my phone as well as on my PC ( at separate times of course). I managed to get the modules baud rate to 115200 by connecting it to windows 7 as a device, and changing the devices properties through there. Seems to be correct each time I check the devices properties.
Using the MultiWii configurator APP from the Android market I can get a connection to the BT module fine, but that's where it ends. I don't seem to be able to read my settings from the board. The red light is solid on the module to say it connected ok, but nothing else occurs.
I tried swapping the RX and TX around in case that was the issue. I have the TX on the Crius board going to the RX on the module, and RX on the Crius to the TX on the module. Gnd to Gnd, and Vcc on the Crius to 5.0V on the module.
As far as I can tell, its connected via bluetooth but the module doesn't seem to be talking to the board.
Does anything have to be activated in the Crius board to get the BT module to talk to it?
I have it connected to the 4 pins next to the FDTI module pins.

any help would be appreciated.... as Im kinda stumped here as to why it not communicating with the Crius.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:11 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
OK, I think it is an issue still with the board rate. I am not sure if you can use Bluetooth on your windows PC to connect and make the module baud rate changes. I have the module as a device in windows 7 and changed the board rate to 115200 but I am reading now this cannot be done. You need to connect it to RS232 somehow and convert it directly.
Can this be done through the Multiwii board using the FDTI connected via USb to the PC?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 02:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Using the FTDI i connected the Bluetooth unit to the PC , i used one of the demo versions ( damn thing has ran out so i cant even do it again : ) of the serial programmers and used the "at" commands to change the baud rate to 115200.
I then connected the Blue tooth unit to the Crius board ( i may have had to change the inner 2 connections over , the two next to the ftdi ) after that connect via BT on the phone and choose the correct connection and version via the little menu.

I would go further into it with a step by step but my BT is no longer with us thanks to my dog ( lol no im being serious ) i have a new BT unit on its way from Hong Kong but sods law its the wrong time of the year to order anything.

It does work perfectly just takes a bit of messing around.

http://fangin.com/blog/2011/05/28/ad...ultiwiicopter/
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief