3,270 Posts
Awesome
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
ohh yeah! here's some picture of my perso mm6 foldable frame:
just waiting for the spare esc(one burnt down...)

all rights reserved by the way!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.047416,55.225559
loubeltou is offline Find More Posts by loubeltou
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
936 Posts
Where did you get that case for the GoPro? That would come in handy....
Scotth72 is online now Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
this case
http://www.eyefly.info/index.php?rou...&product_id=60
loubeltou is offline Find More Posts by loubeltou
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
I've been trying to find an answer on here but I haven't seen it yet so I ask you all,

Is there any way you can use a OrangeRX Satellite Rx with this board?
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:42 AM
All mouth and no trousers
Southern England
Joined Jul 2005
180 Posts
Depends what you are asking, the Orange RX will work fine as a receiver for the Crius.

If you mean the satellite Rx on it's own directly into the board, then I doubt it (plus DSM2 does not typically support diversity unless you have an Rx AND a Satellite).

Honestly if you want a one wire solution you are better off using PPMSUM and suitable system e.g FrSky
FE Obsessed is offline Find More Posts by FE Obsessed
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:27 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
Hi,
for those, who are interested...
I have patched the 1.9 SW with the ACC sensor (BMA180) set to 8g range. I got this from the multiwii svn trunk. For me, the baro mode works now the first time at all. ACCZ is now stable for me. Next step is to play around with the ALT PI and VEL PD to reduce the drift (about +-2m at the moment in windy conditions).
If you change to this version, you must recalibrate the ACC! I had to power cycle after that. I didn't understand this, but even in acro mode the copter was not stable at all, after power off/on it was ok.

Disclaimer: Use this version at own risk.

Best regards
Peter
Alrighty, just tested this firmware. First thing I noticed is that there is no idle motor speed or minimum speed, or maybe I just uncommented the wrong thing. Almost crashed because of that, I wanted to descend but the motors just shut off and the thing fell like a rock, thankfully the ACC was on at the time, I gave almost full throttle and it stabilized quickly. So yeah, that was exciting!

Now, it feels more stable, the ACC is behaving better I think but I need to record some footage later to see if there's any wobble left. Also, the BARO works! It really works! Sure, +-1m or so, but it stays in the air and I didn't have to do anything. Brilliant!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Uh oh, problem. Using your firmware, the minthrottle is set to 1300. I used this in the previous firmware but it seems too high on this one since it wobbles a bit on the ground.

Here is the major issue tho, as soon as you throttle down and approach or get to that throttle value the ACC is instantly disabled and you have to QUICKLY throttle back up again or you'll crash within seconds. I almost lost the quad earlier today because going too low makes it disable the ACC, so I had a hard time bringing it down. Why is it doing this?!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Nevermind, solved it. Re-calibrated everything and also turned down the minthrottle to 1200. Enough to keep the motors going but not high enough to make descents difficult.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
There are some variables at the bottom of config.h perhaps one of these needs changing?

//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
//#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {accADC[ROLL] = Y; accADC[PITCH] = -X; accADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
How do I edit this part of the code for the Lite board? I tried enabling the first line for ACC and then switched Y and -X ... but that didn't work

Edit: I think I figured it out. I had to edit it in Def... not the Config.

will test fly tomorrow
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Last edited by SGsoar; Jan 28, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Another FPV flight using this board. Still wobbles a bit with the ACC on. I gotta try to fly without it someday because it's probably not meant to be on during fast forward flight like this.

DJI F450 with Crius AIO - Ljustern (3 min 17 sec)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Jun 2011
440 Posts
Yes, I have broken down and bought a wii se board from GLB....Yes I am totaly new to this system.... Have board running with ftdi, and audrino 2.3, wii 1.9 gui......Question 1. is the copter heading in the gui supposed to move around as you tilt and raise the board, or is it supposed to stay pointing north....(mag is off) Question 2. I would like to mount this board pointing forward with one of the corners like a kk board, I have seen something about this somewhere but cannot find it anymore......

board is as it came in quad X mode, board and ftd only connected to xp computer at this time..

I have read and searced this thread, wii thread and forum, and a lot of other links already...

Help please..
OLDTOM is online now Find More Posts by OLDTOM
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDTOM View Post
Yes, I have broken down and bought a wii se board from GLB....Yes I am totaly new to this system.... Have board running with ftdi, and audrino 2.3, wii 1.9 gui......Question 1. is the copter heading in the gui supposed to move around as you tilt and raise the board, or is it supposed to stay pointing north....(mag is off) Question 2. I would like to mount this board pointing forward with one of the corners like a kk board, I have seen something about this somewhere but cannot find it anymore......

board is as it came in quad X mode, board and ftd only connected to xp computer at this time..

I have read and searced this thread, wii thread and forum, and a lot of other links already...

Help please..
Yes the GUI is suppose to show the board moving around, and the board should show a compass heading of where its pointed, regardless of the magometer being on or off.
Not sure about pointing the board corner to front. Just mount it how it should go for your quad config'.
Keep at it. For a newbie at Multiwii its quite daunting, i know I am about a week ahead of you being I got mine last week. Read up, study. Lots of info out there, nothing that is great for beginners really. I am still a bit confused on some of the setting, but once this rain and wind goes away I'll be out again having another go. Mine flys great with no sensors on. So not hard to tweak up once you get a feel for the PIDs.
The beginners guide by ATX_Heli is about the best guide I have found so far.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Jun 2011
440 Posts
Hi soupbones, Thanks for the comeback, I guess I didn't make myself clear...
The board continues to point north and the qui quad yaws around.......

As far as the mounting goes, because of the foldling frame I want to use, it will be difficult to mount this board square.....I will have to make a stand off adapter and add hight to the copter that I would rather not do....I Know that it can be changed , I just can't find the way to do it.

I am not new to multi rotors, just wii.

Thanks again..
OLDTOM is online now Find More Posts by OLDTOM
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDTOM View Post
Question 2. I would like to mount this board pointing forward with one of the corners like a kk board, I have seen something about this somewhere but cannot find it anymore..
The Crius board has an arrow on it that should be pointed forward, it won't fly well if you don't point the arrow forward, so you can't have the corner pointing forwards like you want to. That shouldn't be an issue unless you use the mounting holes. It's better to use a few pieces of double sided tape stacked up, or anti vibration PU gel to mount the board, and not use the mounting holes.

Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie