HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:25 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti View Post
Yes I started reading that thread, but its 49 pages long.... was looking for a shorter startup guide..
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:05 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Hi again guys.
Just going over pictures o the Crius board and noticed there are a number of pin outs on the board which don't seem to have a use that is listed. I apologise if this has been mentioned before, as I may have in this thread, but I was wondering what they may be used for.
There are three pinouts next to the pinouts for the camera stabilizer pins and camera trigger. What would these be for? Also behind the FDTI pinouts is a single six pin pinout block. I can't seem to find a listed use for this either?
Any ideas? I'll pick the brains of you guys being I am way new to the Multiwii.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:12 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Hi again guys.
Just going over pictures o the Crius board and noticed there are a number of pin outs on the board which don't seem to have a use that is listed. I apologise if this has been mentioned before, as I may have in this thread, but I was wondering what they may be used for.
There are three pinouts next to the pinouts for the camera stabilizer pins and camera trigger. What would these be for? Also behind the FDTI pinouts is a single six pin pinout block. I can't seem to find a listed use for this either?
Any ideas? I'll pick the brains of you guys being I am way new to the Multiwii.
The "left over" pins, are just left over I/O pins of the ATmega328

the 6 pin, is the ICP programmer port..

This is the port where you can program the arduino bootloader..
You need a real AVR ICP programmer for that..

This has to be done when you have a new chip installed, or if you ruined the fuse settings..
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Right guys sorry to vent .......
Bambucopter , 1811 2000kv motors , 10 amp esc's 1000mah lipo all work well.
Crius se board, seriously doing my head in.
I have eliminated as many vibes as possible by balancing the motors and balancing the blades all to within a gnats nuts of perfection, at full throttle it is as smooth as a babies bum. I have calibrated each esc individually and i have slowly been trying to work through the PiD settings of the controller , to me it makes no sense whatsoever lol i am now down to a P setting of 4.0 I of 0.010 D of 20. My issue is that anything above P of 4 on Pitch and Aileron and i get a fast but little twitch that seems random but is always there , i dont know where the twitch is coming from or what causes it ,i know its a massive long shot but any ideas ? im starting to think it im going mad very slowly lol.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Right guys sorry to vent .......
Bambucopter , 1811 2000kv motors , 10 amp esc's 1000mah lipo all work well.
Crius se board, seriously doing my head in.
I have eliminated as many vibes as possible by balancing the motors and balancing the blades all to within a gnats nuts of perfection, at full throttle it is as smooth as a babies bum. I have calibrated each esc individually and i have slowly been trying to work through the PiD settings of the controller , to me it makes no sense whatsoever lol i am now down to a P setting of 4.0 I of 0.010 D of 20. My issue is that anything above P of 4 on Pitch and Aileron and i get a fast but little twitch that seems random but is always there , i dont know where the twitch is coming from or what causes it ,i know its a massive long shot but any ideas ? im starting to think it im going mad very slowly lol.
Don't set the P above 4 if it's twitching. It's a micro quad you are building after all, it's never going to be stable at high P.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Cheers Erknie ill stay below 4
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
gyro only mode flies OK but I am having problems when I turn on the ACC.

looking in the multiwii GUI it seems like the ACC for pitch and roll are switched backwords with each other. i.e. when I rotate the copter on its roll axis the pitch sensor shows the movement! And when I rotate the copter on its pitch axis it shows roll sensor shows that movement.

Did I miss something? is there a way to switch them?
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
gyro only mode flies OK but I am having problems when I turn on the ACC.

looking in the multiwii GUI it seems like the ACC for pitch and roll are switched backwords with each other. i.e. when I rotate the copter on its roll axis the pitch sensor shows the movement! And when I rotate the copter on its pitch axis it shows roll sensor shows that movement.

Did I miss something? is there a way to switch them?
If you have simply recompiled the Multiwii firmware, then there is a good chance you haven't set the ACC values correctly. Go back though this thread and look for the settings, or use the modified firmware with CRIUS presets which you will also find in this thread.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
I didn't recompile.. I'm using the stock Crius firmware. I've also followed this thread from the beginning and haven't found anyone that has this problem. It's like the ACC sensor needs to be rotated 90 degrees. I know some had problems with the compass direction but my board is the Lite version so that doesn't apply
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
I didn't recompile.. I'm using the stock Crius firmware. I've also followed this thread from the beginning and haven't found anyone that has this problem. It's like the ACC sensor needs to be rotated 90 degrees. I know some had problems with the compass direction but my board is the Lite version so that doesn't apply
The Lite version does need the ACC rotated from stock, it uses a different chip than the SE version of the board. Perhaps they have flashed it with the wrong config by mistake? Easy enough to fix if you have a FTDI programmer.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:49 PM
Singapore
Joined Oct 2003
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
Hi,
for those, who are interested...
I have patched the 1.9 SW with the ACC sensor (BMA180) set to 8g range. I got this from the multiwii svn trunk. For me, the baro mode works now the first time at all. ACCZ is now stable for me. Next step is to play around with the ALT PI and VEL PD to reduce the drift (about +-2m at the moment in windy conditions).
If you change to this version, you must recalibrate the ACC! I had to power cycle after that. I didn't understand this, but even in acro mode the copter was not stable at all, after power off/on it was ok.

Disclaimer: Use this version at own risk.

Best regards
Peter
Does ACCZ have to be stable for this to work? I flashed my board and after that my quad would wobble uncontrolled when I reduce the throttle to descend in acro mode.

Edit: I just checked the config.h and found that the min throttle was wrongly defined thus causing the wobble. ACCZ is rock solid at 250 range so that is now trusted. Played with the ALT and VEL settings and I am now able to get the altitude hold working to +\- 1ft at about 10 ft altitude. More testing tomorrow.....
ronang is offline Find More Posts by ronang
Last edited by ronang; Jan 27, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
hi every one, read all pages of this thread, with some misundertanding, as I'm french and not so good in english!

tried to upload code in my crius lite for a hex multirotor :
here the error message :

"core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): In function `__vector_19':
C:\Users\les roudoudous\Desktop\arduino mes c\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:192: multiple definition of `__vector_19'
MultiWii_1_9.cpp.o:C:\Users\LESROU~1\AppData\Local \Temp\build3213692067534916065.tmp/MultiWii_1_9.cpp:3325: first defined here"

can you help?
loubeltou is offline Find More Posts by loubeltou
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Try with arduino-0023 instead of arduino 1
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
sorry but where?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.047341,55.225507
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
ok i found!
let's try,
thanks for the quick answer!

edit it worked!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.047340,55.225622
Last edited by loubeltou; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM.