HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathijsKosters View Post
I got a Crius MWC SE board but I got a problem.

Everything works well, except that I don't get power to the engines.
I flew the quad before with HK KK and it flied very well, but with the Crius, he even don't get enough power to lift off.

What is the problem?
We need more information about your setup, possibly a picture of the wiring if we intend to figure out why it isn't functioning.

Have you calibrated the throttle range for your ESCs?
- Make sure your board is correctly flashed and setup in config.h
- Check all of your connections between the ESCs and the board and your receiver

See HERE for wiring diagrams
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
When I arm my board the motors all spool up slightly... I have calibrated ESCs and set range from 1000-2000... I dont understand why the motors turn on when I arm the board?
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
When I arm my board the motors all spool up slightly... I have calibrated ESCs and set range from 1000-2000... I dont understand why the motors turn on when I arm the board?
It is a feature of MultiWii. If you don't want the motors to idle after arming then enable:

#define MOTOR_STOP

towards the bottom of config.h
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
Which code are u using? the Crius code? if so then Motor off define is already off..

Did you perfom a good TX v/s MW board calibration?

Did you setup the Sub-trims in your tx to 1500us? and endpoints in TX to 1000 and 2000?
If no you must perform this test EVEN before you are going to calibrate your ESC's
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Which code are u using? the Crius code? if so then Motor off define is already off..

Did you perfom a good TX v/s MW board calibration?

Did you setup the Sub-trims in your tx to 1500us? and endpoints in TX to 1000 and 2000?
If no you must perform this test EVEN before you are going to calibrate your ESC's
I am using a stock Crius lite board.

What is "TX v/s" calibration?

I did set my sub trims to 1500... although I found sometimes it doesn't always center perfectly to 1500 after I wiggle the stick around

And yes I set the end points to 1000 and 2000 but again.. sometimes the values are not exact when I move the sticks around... they center those values within + or - 10 points.
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:49 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
How critical is it to set the endpoints exactly to 1000 and 2000? I found I could not do this with my Turnigy 9X at all, even after playing with the trims and subtrim. I set all end points on the radio to 120% but is doesn't quite reach those endpoints. I am able to center it around 1500 but as SGsoar stated, they tend to drift off a point or two after moving the sticks.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
31 Posts
Does i connect port Batt. on RX receiver ?

Hi,

I mount a quadricoptere with crius second edition.
I have one question :
I don't know how I can take power for RX.
My Lipo have connector with 4 pins. With this I can make power on my Crius board (connect to UART Port).
Is there necessary to connect the port intituled "Batt" on RX (wiew picture bellow) for RX is ok
If yes, my RX have 3 pins (wiem picture below).

Name: photo.jpg
Views: 346
Size: 31.4 KB
Description:

Is there any pins on crius where I can connect to power on RX for my RX is receive power

PS. : Execuse me for my beginner question but this the first that i mount a quadricoptere.

Thanks in advance.

Nico38.
NICO38 is offline Find More Posts by NICO38
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:23 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO38 View Post
Hi,

I mount a quadricoptere with crius second edition.
I have one question :
I don't know how I can take power for RX.
My Lipo have connector with 4 pins. With this I can make power on my Crius board (connect to UART Port).
Is there necessary to connect the port intituled "Batt" on RX (wiew picture bellow) for RX is ok
If yes, my RX have 3 pins (wiem picture below).

Attachment 4579696

Is there any pins on crius where I can connect to power on RX for my RX is receive power

PS. : Execuse me for my beginner question but this the first that i mount a quadricoptere.

Thanks in advance.

Nico38.
STOP!

do NOT connect your lipo directly to your crius board (like to the uart port).

please read the multiwii site page and the multiwii thread at rcgroups for the connection diagrams.

http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1261382
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Dec 2011
31 Posts
ok ..

Well

ok on the site page of http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements I must connect ESC for make power on my Crius board.
Is there exactly ?
Because on this thread it is indicate that is the power for Crius com from the RX receiver
But i don't know how i can make power on my rx receiver

Many thanks,

Nico38.
Last edited by NICO38; Jan 25, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Thepasty is offline Find More Posts by Thepasty
Last edited by Thepasty; Jan 25, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
How critical is it to set the endpoints exactly to 1000 and 2000? I found I could not do this with my Turnigy 9X at all, even after playing with the trims and subtrim. I set all end points on the radio to 120% but is doesn't quite reach those endpoints. I am able to center it around 1500 but as SGsoar stated, they tend to drift off a point or two after moving the sticks.
its not very critical...as long as its below 1100 and above 1900 you will be able to arm and disarm and use the stick controlled config modes...the closer to 1000-2000 the better the control resolution you will get...

also, the center values will jump around 2-3 points due to the pot resolution of the joysticks in your TX...my Jr is +/- 1-2 points,my Turnigy/Flysky is 2-3 points..not a problem...greater than that and you will have difficulty getting it to trim to be extemely still in calm air in level mode(also not really a problem,just need tiny stick corrections a little more often...)...with 2-3 points of resolution on my neutrals, I can trim my quad to hover hands off in the garage for 5-10secs before requiring a correction to avoid a wall
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Well

ok on the site page of http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements I must connect ESC for make power on my Crius board.
Is there exactly ?
Because on this thread it is indicate that is the power for Crius com from the RX receiver
But i don't know how i can make power on my rx receiver

Many thanks,

Nico38.
the lipo powers the esc.
the bec on the esc powers the crius directly.
the bec on the esc also powers the rx through the cruis board.

at least one channel on the rx must have all 3 wires connected (SIG, VCC, GND), that's how the rx gets power. the rest of the channels just need the SIG wire (i believe the cables that come with the crius support this connection approach).

if you use escs with switching becs, then use only one esc to power the crius board.

the confusion comes when you also use the ftdi board, which *can* power only the crius board and rx, but not the esc and any attached servos. usually, people just connect the lipo first then the ftdi board.

it's best to understand the connection diagrams before proceeding.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
31 Posts
YYesss !

Noobee,
Your explanations are very clear !

With ubec esc, does I use only one esc to power the crius board ?

My Crius come with 3 cables (1 cable is complet of 3 pins and 2 other cable come with only one pin as your description) that support this connexion. it lacks one cable (one yaw, one for pitch, one for gaz and one for mode).

Many thanks.

Nico38.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Noobee,

My Crius come with 3 cables (1 cable is complet of 3 pins and 2 other cable come with only one pin as your description) that support this connexion. it lacks one cable (one yaw, one for pitch, one for gaz and one for mode).

Many thanks.

Nico38.
Have you plugged it all already? using your method? you might already bricked ur Board and rx, Use one of the escs BEC, to power the board, then you dont have to power the rx with another battery, as long as red ang black wires are connected and 5v is running trough the board,
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Noobee,

Many thanks.

Nico38.
your set of 3 cables should be fine to support up to 7 channels.

use the complete 3-pins one for one channel (SIG, VCC and GND).

use the other 2 cables to connect 3 channels each. connect only the SIG signal on the RX (3 channels at a time). on the other end of the cable with the individual pins, connect to the corresponding SIG signal on the crius board that matches the RX. you do not need multiple GND and VCC connections from the RX to the crius board.
Last edited by noobee; Jan 25, 2012 at 09:31 AM.