bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertje View Post
I'm new on the forum. Reading posts since beginning. Now I just did registration.

Orded the srius multiwii SE from GLB. Connected and everything seems to work.

Something strange I've noticed was that the arrow on the quad pointed in the other directon in multiwii config then the arrow on the board.
I think the compass is pointing to the north.
When I turn the board with the arrow to the north then arrow on screen same direction as the board.

Are there changes needed in the SE board?
You need to be sure that you followed the guide to select the correct hardware from config.h in arduino. This will ensure the sensor axis are all oriented correctly for your sensors, specifically the magnetometer. Then you have to calibrate the magnetometer in multiwiiconf by selecting the correct icon and as soon as your board's blue LED begins to flash you must rotate it 360 degrees along all three axis within 30 seconds. Then the blue LED will stop blinking and your readout in multiwii should show the correct magnetic heading.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
Hi,
for those, who are interested...
I have patched the 1.9 SW with the ACC sensor (BMA180) set to 8g range. I got this from the multiwii svn trunk. For me, the baro mode works now the first time at all. ACCZ is now stable for me. Next step is to play around with the ALT PI and VEL PD to reduce the drift (about +-2m at the moment in windy conditions).
If you change to this version, you must recalibrate the ACC! I had to power cycle after that. I didn't understand this, but even in acro mode the copter was not stable at all, after power off/on it was ok.

Disclaimer: Use this version at own risk.

Best regards
Peter
Im thinking of flashing my board with this file later, see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't I'll replace the board with my Naza FC here which still hasn't been unpacked. Anything else I need to know?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Provence France
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
@ Bignose13 : Super !!!!!!!
grizouille is offline Find More Posts by grizouille
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Bornem
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1anubis View Post

You need to be sure that you followed the guide to select the correct hardware from config.h in arduino. This will ensure the sensor axis are all oriented correctly for your sensors, specifically the magnetometer. Then you have to calibrate the magnetometer in multiwiiconf by selecting the correct icon and as soon as your board's blue LED begins to flash you must rotate it 360 degrees along all three axis within 30 seconds. Then the blue LED will stop blinking and your readout in multiwii should show the correct magnetic heading.
THX for the reply
I've tested the board as it was shipped. I didn't change a thing so I never had to select harware in arduino. Just pluged it in and opened multiwii config. Is it necessary to make changes?
geertje is offline Find More Posts by geertje
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
pm1
Germany, BY, Gestratz
Joined Oct 2008
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Im thinking of flashing my board with this file later, see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't I'll replace the board with my Naza FC here which still hasn't been unpacked. Anything else I need to know?
Nothing I am aware of...
pm1 is offline Find More Posts by pm1
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:51 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertje View Post
I'm new on the forum. Reading posts since beginning. Now I just did registration.

Orded the srius multiwii SE from GLB. Connected and everything seems to work.

Something strange I've noticed was that the arrow on the quad pointed in the other directon in multiwii config then the arrow on the board.
I think the compass is pointing to the north.
When I turn the board with the arrow to the north then arrow on screen same direction as the board.

Are there changes needed in the SE board?
I found this but I think you will find your board is pretty correct. The Multiwii software shows the North direction as up on the screen. This corrosponds to magnetic north, which the magometer on the board picks up. If your monitor of course doesn't face north this seems a bit strange. But its correct. As long as you know what the northerly direction is at you location, then its fine.
I only fired up my board for the first time yesterday and saw the same thing, and thought it was strange at first.
If you really want to check, if you can, lay your monitor flat on the desk with the top pointing to north, and it should corrospond.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
bucharest, romania
Joined Jan 2008
25 Posts
this is my quad based on crius se 0.2
only gyro and ACC are on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazYS...1&feature=plcp
the magnetometer is useless because of the power wires, which are directly beneath the board. the next step is to make altitude hold stable.
hash84 is offline Find More Posts by hash84
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Here's what happens when a prop nut flys off

Enjoy
very smooth flying...could you share your PIDS and was this in Stable or Acro mode?

thanks
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hash84 View Post
this is my quad based on crius se 0.2
only gyro and ACC are on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazYS...1&feature=plcp
the magnetometer is useless because of the power wires, which are directly beneath the board. the next step is to make altitude hold stable.
does it stock pid?
if you find a good tune for alt hold don t hesitate to post it
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hash84 View Post
the magnetometer is useless because of the power wires, which are directly beneath the board. ....
my experience is the same...my power distribution PCB, where the ESCs are soldered to, is located directly below the controller deck, about 2.5mm away...when I throttle up, I see the compass move up to 30deg with Throttle

I could move the power board down a bit, but not much...

its either due to this or power supply noise....if anyone has had a similar problem with the MAG and solved it, please let us know
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:55 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
my experience is the same...my power distribution PCB, where the ESCs are soldered to, is located directly below the controller deck, about 2.5mm away...when I throttle up, I see the compass move up to 30deg with Throttle

I could move the power board down a bit, but not much...

its either due to this or power supply noise....if anyone has had a similar problem with the MAG and solved it, please let us know
I can't see the point in a magnetometer on an aircraft which has powerful spinning magnets at the end of each frame leg!
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I did today and it works okay...you don't need to replace the Serial.pde file (the only change in it was to eliminate the debug(2) output showing I2C errors...I want that anyway)...main changes are in the other two files...I haven't really tested it that much yet to see if there is a difference, but from what I read in the developers forum, it can't hurt...

I just maidened a new quad with the SE board, and am finally getting good results...MUCH better than my Tricopter....here is a video with default PIDs flying FPV...YAW would ring back some after rotating to a new heading... and when I used LEVEL mode, I would end up with some pitching due to having throws too sensitive...but it appears that this will ultimately be an acceptable Video/FPV platform once I dial in the PIDs,etc...

CRIUS MultiWii QuadCopter FPV (3 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:50 AM
bucharest, romania
Joined Jan 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
very smooth flying...could you share your PIDS and was this in Stable or Acro mode?

thanks
default PIDS.
first takeoff was only acro mode. after 20 sec i activate stable mode. i still have a little drift, but this is because stable mode is not yet trimmed.
multii version 20.12.2011
hash84 is offline Find More Posts by hash84
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
Nederland, OV, Den Ham
Joined Aug 2011
13 Posts
I got a Crius MWC SE board but I got a problem.

Everything works well, except that I don't get power to the engines.
I flew the quad before with HK KK and it flied very well, but with the Crius, he even don't get enough power to lift off.

What is the problem?
MathijsKosters is offline Find More Posts by MathijsKosters