HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:52 PM
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Joined Nov 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedfusion View Post
Thanks for response - However, all that is fine - as I said, exactly same TX setting works fine in QUADX mode, it is just when I recompile and flash the HEX6X the channels stop working.

ice.
On the Crius board the PITCH and D5 are the same 328 pin. YAW and D6 are the same pin. You have a motor connected to D5 and another connected to D6 . The software is sending PWM signals to these pins and your radio receiver is trying to send something to these same pins for Pitch and Yaw control.

If you want to use the 328 chip and MultiWii for 6 motors you need a PPM SUM receiver and then all the radio signals will be carried to one pin - the throttle pin D2. That frees D5 and D6 to work as motor controls.

Upon closer inspection, I see you can use A0 and A1 for the 5 and 6 motors , so a PPM SUM receiver isn't needed . Are you un-commenting this line

#define A0_A1_PIN_HEX

and using A0 and A1 for motors 5 and 6 ?
Robjames is offline Find More Posts by Robjames
Last edited by Robjames; Jan 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
179 Posts
Thanks for info. I did not realize that the output pins labeled 'motors 1-6' in the document listed in this thread did not actually correspond to motors 1-6.

I have now looked at the MultiWii thread and seen the documents for MW1.9 and checked the schematics. What you say looks correct so I will give it a go!

For those interested: Wiring document for different IC's is here: http://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/t...agram_v1.9.pdf
Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Cheers

ice.
icedfusion is offline Find More Posts by icedfusion
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
764 Posts
Newbie Guide Update

I have incorporated the instructions necessary for HEX6 configurations into the guide...

thanks to Robjames for noting this in response to someone having a problem...

Henry

EDIT: Lastest guide is in post 1
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Apr 23, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Hello, Atx heli, are you planning on putting some instructions on how to setup the Gimbals,GPS,and BT modules? it would really be awesome, and i have one question for everyone

Would thisArduino Communication Module work on this board, guessing itd be plugged in the Serial/Ftdi outs.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...ku_69728_2.jpg
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee View Post
Hello, Atx heli, are you planning on putting some instructions on how to setup the Gimbals,GPS,and BT modules? it would really be awesome, and i have one question for everyone

Would thisArduino Communication Module work on this board, guessing itd be plugged in the Serial/Ftdi outs.

The things that you are asking about are nothing specific to the Crius boards. They are generic Multiwii addons and will depend on what you do with the firmware. I doubt if any of them will be plug an play without some firmware mods and connection hacking.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:43 AM
Hooked on FPV
Joined Jan 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post

except for ALTITUDE hold, which still slowly builds into big swings no matter how much I have played with the PIDs so far, normal and stable mode seem to be very solid now...(but I haven't recovered the BARO hole with cotton again as of yet...so we'll see if that helps)
I suspect that this building of big swings in altitude is due to the fact that these baro sensors are very sensitive to g forces. The more altitude swing you have the more it will build because the g's are getting stronger and stronger. You should either try mounting the baro on a vertical plane to the copter which would eliminate the g forces on the sensor, or you should pair the baro sensor readings with the vertical accelerometer readings on the board to cancel out g movement.

These baro sensors are also very sensitive to wind currents which could also be contributing to the bigger and bigger swings. As the copter drops rapidly it will spin the propellers faster tying to keep its altitude thus creating more draft onto the baro sensor so the board thinks its way too low and compensates by revving the motors even faster which causes the copter to go even higher and lower on the next cycle. It would probably help it to not only put cotton over the sensor but to also build a little enclosure around the baro sensor (not air tight of course).
ferrocium is offline Find More Posts by ferrocium
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:16 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
556 Posts
Quote:

Ditto on that. Any guides for beginners are great, specially for the more specialized features of these boards.
Just getting into setting mine up. Bit of a learning curve, but it seems a great little board...
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:32 AM
pm1
Germany, BY, Gestratz
Joined Oct 2008
244 Posts
Multiwii Software with acc range set to 8G

Hi,
for those, who are interested...
I have patched the 1.9 SW with the ACC sensor (BMA180) set to 8g range. I got this from the multiwii svn trunk. For me, the baro mode works now the first time at all. ACCZ is now stable for me. Next step is to play around with the ALT PI and VEL PD to reduce the drift (about +-2m at the moment in windy conditions).
If you change to this version, you must recalibrate the ACC! I had to power cycle after that. I didn't understand this, but even in acro mode the copter was not stable at all, after power off/on it was ok.

Disclaimer: Use this version at own risk.

Best regards
Peter
pm1 is offline Find More Posts by pm1
Last edited by pm1; Jan 22, 2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
401 Posts
Quote:
It will. Just be careful to set the serial port speed in conf. I'm using a BT module myself, and it started working when I got speed down to 9600 baud. But then you have to configure the FTDI serial to the same speed for the regular cable to work as well.

I tried the maiden flight today on my Crius quad, but no luck. In level it starts a clockwise rotation, in acro dips one of the booms. Doing trials on snow meant no broken props tho'
I believe it's the ground effect, as I have an inverted setup, with the motors pointing down and there's barely an inch and half clearance between the prop and ground. Need to find a light alu chair to borrow its legs tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot: what's with gyro reset ? I don't have a menu option in software, and the joystick combo doesn't work.
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Joined Nov 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
It will. Just be careful to set the serial port speed in conf. I'm using a BT module myself, and it started working when I got speed down to 9600 baud. But then you have to configure the FTDI serial to the same speed for the regular cable to work as well.

I tried the maiden flight today on my Crius quad, but no luck. In level it starts a clockwise rotation, in acro dips one of the booms. Doing trials on snow meant no broken props tho'
I believe it's the ground effect, as I have an inverted setup, with the motors pointing down and there's barely an inch and half clearance between the prop and ground. Need to find a light alu chair to borrow its legs tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot: what's with gyro reset ? I don't have a menu option in software, and the joystick combo doesn't work.
Stick combination may not be working if your transmitter isn't quite sending the proper levels to trigger action. You never have to calibrate gyro manually though because it is calibrated every time you power up.
Robjames is offline Find More Posts by Robjames
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:51 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
I'm using a BT module myself, and it started working when I got speed down to 9600 baud. But then you have to configure the FTDI serial to the same speed for the regular cable to work as well.
the BT modul must be set to 115000 baud . there is no configuration to flight controller or FTDI necessary.

-------> http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...rs232&start=10
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:37 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Bornem
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
I'm new on the forum. Reading posts since beginning. Now I just did registration.

Orded the srius multiwii SE from GLB. Connected and everything seems to work.

Something strange I've noticed was that the arrow on the quad pointed in the other directon in multiwii config then the arrow on the board.
I think the compass is pointing to the north.
When I turn the board with the arrow to the north then arrow on screen same direction as the board.

Are there changes needed in the SE board?
geertje is offline Find More Posts by geertje
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:58 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertje View Post
I'm new on the forum. Reading posts since beginning. Now I just did registration.

Orded the srius multiwii SE from GLB. Connected and everything seems to work.

Something strange I've noticed was that the arrow on the quad pointed in the other directon in multiwii config then the arrow on the board.
I think the compass is pointing to the north.
When I turn the board with the arrow to the north then arrow on screen same direction as the board.

Are there changes needed in the SE board?
the arrow on the PCB marks the flight direction the board is mounted to the copters front direction matching the arrow.

the arrow in GUI just shows north (if calibrated properly), and has nothing to do with the other arrow.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
Hi,
for those, who are interested...
I have patched the 1.9 SW with the ACC sensor (BMA180) set to 8g range.
I found that there is also modified BMP085 sensor code in your version. Could you explain it, what this code is doing? Some kind of filtering?
jpeti29 is offline Find More Posts by jpeti29
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Hi!

I ve seen by thru fast reading.. there is improvements with baro. I have board under plastic box. should my board be " freely breathing " ? for baro..

it is now too expensive to do diy testing in winter with apc pros..

I got about 70 cm motor to motor Y6.. and aluminium rocks! now I test do do carbon frame.

About i ve noticed. meaby for something apc slow fly 12 inc pros are totally crap... those make your copter too floater like my kites.. i prefer thin electric ones. there is no turning back. So sharp and accurate performace. Anyway i dont understand in multicopter companies sellīs a lot slowflyers..? maeby for fun flying in dead calm conditions longer flight times? but for video I tested yesterday slowflyers on top on my Y6. impossible combination at least with my only my gyro enabled with beaten Y6 crius copter.ewen flight weight is about 2,5-3 kg

here some videos only magnetometer and gyro enambled with thin electric props, videobalanced some clips:

http://vimeo.com/35428381

password: multiwii

need to read this topic new stuff and check, if I could add to other components active..thnaks again this tread and active responce of firmware proīs also work around this board I only got with ebay kkboard 5.5d. this board has better heading hold but sometimes it makes weird things. today. I finish my xquad, and put camera on tomorrow .. and test with 4 motor setup how things work. I ll update my specs and stuff about that when it flies..
karpo3 is offline Find More Posts by karpo3