HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Dec 2007
19 Posts
Just made first attempts to fly the "GoodLuckBuy" MultiWii SE.
The board seems to be performing just fine!
I only used the Level Mode for these initial attempts.
The pilot, however, is inept! I'm still learning and easily get disoriented.
After several brief flights, I landed very hard on patio and shattered the HK600 Landing gear that I had installed. No other damage.
I suspect the freezing temperature made it unusually brittle.

I believe that I will order another of the Red Board MWC SE units.

Olympian
Olympian is offline Find More Posts by Olympian
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
i just glued it to the free place on crius board with doublesided foam tape from HK.

connection pins for I2C are already provided on the lite board.

direction + wiring of bma020 can be found here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3668704

viacopter.eu, flyduino.de sells them, or kinderkram here from forum, or directly from german ELV shop(cheapest price, but shipping might be expensive.)
Could you maybe take a picture of your wiring? One that clearly shows what goes where? I'll most likely buy one of these very soon if I can't get rid of the problems I have.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
648 Posts
Progress

I made significant progress today with the CRIUS SE board...

I have found that I am being TOO careful with the mounting...ie too soft a mount...I eliminated the foam tape and just velcro'd the controller directly to the deck and it became very well behaved in my Tricopter....I now think its performing better than the KK board in normal mode....

evidently my problems weren't high freq vibrations like from the motors/props...but low frequency ones like from frame flex, yaw servo mount flex or the mass shifts as the yaw servo steps(I am using a FUT9256 and its VERY fast in its reaction time), prop wash impact, etc...thats why using the LPF in the code at 90hz cutoff helped but didn't eliminate the problems..

except for ALTITUDE hold, which still slowly builds into big swings no matter how much I have played with the PIDs so far, normal and stable mode seem to be very solid now...(but I haven't recovered the BARO hole with cotton again as of yet...so we'll see if that helps)

I still can't get the 12x6 props to work right, I certainly could use the extra thrust and duration...I see the yaw servo jumping with those props...maybe the extra mass of these props is amplifying the effect of moving the motor in fast steps by the 9256....so I will settle for the 11x4.7s for now...it still can climb okay...bugs me though

so evidently you can be TOO careful trying to vibration isolate the controller....go figure
Atx_Heli is online now Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Dax
There is no spoon
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post

except for ALTITUDE hold, which still slowly builds into big swings no matter how much I have played with the PIDs so far, normal and stable mode seem to be very solid now...(but I haven't recovered the BARO hole with cotton again as of yet...so we'll see if that helps)
I think we can agree at this point that the altitude hold PID loop is essentially broken. I think it needs to feed in the data from the accelerometer into "I" but I don't think that is currently happening.

Fortunately it's just a case where we wait for someone smarter than us to fix the problem in the next firmware version.
Dax is offline Find More Posts by Dax
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
848 Posts
Altitude hold works pretty well. See my post a page back.
The baro has a PI loop, and the accel has a PD loop. You must use trusted z accel in the code to enable it.
Scotth72 is offline Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:45 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Hello.
First post on this thread. I have been reading and reading with great interest. Well my Crius Multiwii board came today. One week after I ordered it from GLB! New record for me from anything that comes from China. Most impressed.
My board board is going on one of the YCopter X525 folding frames running 850Kv motors and Gaui 15 amp ESCs.
Seems this little board does OK from what I can tell. So expect a few questions. I am new to programming of boards, after coming from a Gaui 334 FC. But luckily I am rather computer literate.
Does anyone know a dummies guide for setting up Multiwii boards? I have the start up guide posted on here, and was wondering if there is a decent guide, as i can't seem to find one that goes through the basics.

Cheers
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:13 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Hello.
First post on this thread. I have been reading and reading with great interest. Well my Crius Multiwii board came today. One week after I ordered it from GLB! New record for me from anything that comes from China. Most impressed.
My board board is going on one of the YCopter X525 folding frames running 850Kv motors and Gaui 15 amp ESCs.
Seems this little board does OK from what I can tell. So expect a few questions. I am new to programming of boards, after coming from a Gaui 334 FC. But luckily I am rather computer literate.
Does anyone know a dummies guide for setting up Multiwii boards? I have the start up guide posted on here, and was wondering if there is a decent guide, as i can't seem to find one that goes through the basics.

Cheers
this post contains useful information + links , imho all u will need

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340771
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Could you maybe take a picture of your wiring? One that clearly shows what goes where? I'll most likely buy one of these very soon if I can't get rid of the problems I have.
all pins on crius + bma020 are labeled.

just connect as in this linked diagram http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3668669
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:09 AM
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Joined Nov 2009
90 Posts
Bma020

Quote:
all pins on crius + bma020 are labeled.

just connect as in this linked diagram http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3668669
I've never bothered connecting the interrupt pins (INT) and mine work OK.
Robjames is offline Find More Posts by Robjames
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Quote:
this post contains useful information + links , imho all u will need

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340771
That's just was i was looking for. You can search all you want on these forums, but you still tend to miss stuff.
A big thanks for that!
I am sure i will be back here with a question or two.....
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robjames View Post
I've never bothered connecting the interrupt pins (INT) and mine work OK.
yes, its not necessary
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Sep 2007
174 Posts
wobble during fast pitch + yaw

If anyone experience this? This happened on my 1st micro x quad but because it's small so the wobble doesn't bothering me much, but 3 days ago I've build a mini size(350mm) with second board, the wobble become so noticeable. I can hover almost 0 wobble, had tried all the combination of PID but still no luck . If anyone had experience this and fixed the problem please kindly tell me what causes this. Thks

PID on 350 quad X frame:
PITCH/ROLL
P - 4.2 (Because of low "I" so my "P" can set very high w/o wobble)
I - 0.80 (I know it's high but to fixed vortex effect (strong wobble) when descending rapidly with quads)
D - 10 ( Set low to get rid of big stick movement wobble)
YAW
P - 12.0
I - 0.25
D - 0
The rest are default setting

All my motors & props well balance and ESCs calibration properly. Below is my set-up:
Frame - Rusty MQ-1 (350mm)
Motor - A2208 1200KV
Prop - GEMFAN Carbon Nylon 80x4.5"
ESC - HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries

Thks in advance of any tip/help .

Regards,
Edwin.K
edwin3162 is offline Find More Posts by edwin3162
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
179 Posts
Has anyone tried using the 'Crius' build, but with #define HEX6X ??

I am trying to use this, but only 2 tx/rx channels seem to work (Throttle and roll). If I recompile back to QUADX, all channels work as one would expect.

Has something else been done to the Crius version of this MultiWii?

Cheers

ice.
icedfusion is offline Find More Posts by icedfusion
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Hi! I m flying Crius multiwii SE board. somehow my ail and elev channels are mixed? but I just changed tohse places from controlboard. In code there is option to change some esc channels to A0 and A1 and now I am too tired to check was that nesessary. I m also new with wii code, but reading and googling a lot should work. use transmitter on aeroplane mode. at least I read from somewhere..and my flysky reciever works.. makse sure you dont have any extra mixex on in your radio, and check ranges of your channels. that they are atleast from zero to 100%.. And somewhere was also that only one power connectorline to board. and there was mention first. I have only thru yaw connected to reciever.. sorry lazy andswer from bottom on sofa !
karpo3 is offline Find More Posts by karpo3
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
179 Posts
Thanks for response - However, all that is fine - as I said, exactly same TX setting works fine in QUADX mode, it is just when I recompile and flash the HEX6X the channels stop working.

ice.
icedfusion is offline Find More Posts by icedfusion