HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
Sorry.
I have read and read and not understand ESC that inverters are suitable for this controller to have a drive deve requirements to work properly.
Could someone explain?
chebari is offline Find More Posts by chebari
Last edited by chebari; Jan 17, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Uhm, not sure I know what you mean here. :P

As for my tests today, well, didn't happen. Got to work, noticed that my video Tx and camera LiPo was still plugged in. So it's dead, trying to revive the battery now. Good thing I have spares, altho I'd rather not use the other ones because I use those exclusively for my Ar.Drone.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Hi! This is my first post to whole forum!
First thanks active discussion and "movements" to also support these goodluckbuy boards. I am now been really active (too active= a lot of sleepless nights to building own too cheap multicopters)

My goal is to silming multiheli. I had first quads and now I ve been flying Y6 about 70 cm moto to moto) first with kk board "blackboard what it ever is bought from ebay" now I assembled and thanks for this forum and multiwii faq Iīve been flying Y6 succesfully with CRIUS SE Standard board. It is here winter. So first Ive noticed You need to stay in flying temperature 5-10 minutes, before calibrate board.

I ve been now flying with only magnetometer assembled. I ogt aluminium frame and motormounts, apc props, cheap birdie 30a escīs and really beaten turnigy park 450 motorīs.

Now I am waiting more props.. because tried to undrstand pid settings (new things for me ). I got few questions to expericed multiwii flyiers and developers:

1. Some safe pid settings? if there is: to get goot tail hold for Y6 (it is quit good already, but sometimes it surprices me in narrow places), but still good flying
control?
2. Can I use accelemeter in Hexa and Y6? Does it give me any better performance?
3. Barometer on SE board in 6 motor flying? Do it work? Anyone have experience? If it even bit windy and now winter here? do the board sensors work. what i need to disable in windy conditions.
4. What products You recommend to add to the board to get better and more trust for flying (gps etc.) sensors?heh. and also 2 ghz transmitters and resievers to filmer when we add 2 and latewr 3 axial cameramount to my multihelis?
5 Is Multiwii really tight what motors and escīs You use. I just fly and try not to be inside too much inside tuning building, updating and reading updates etc ? Is multiwii wrong thing for me??

Thanks if someone bother to anwer to me even some meaby stupid questions.

here my only videos iīve pupbliched to vimeo yet. these are filmed with contour and nikon and kk board. made by just from testflights, with out any kameramount with stabilation. Iīll add soon multiwii stuff also, Now my Multiwii is bit better with tailhold, but last week was just bit too "geek" for me to learn multiwii world so sorry meaby partly stupid questions and now editing programs of cource bugging. hehe:

http://vimeo.com/k3aerialfilms/

here is my " normal " videoaccount, Iīve done without heliclips in past, with for example video:

Ticket to Liquid Force 2011 Ride (3 min 27 sec)
karpo3 is offline Find More Posts by karpo3
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
could someone explain to me the ESC would be recommended for this controller multiwii?
Read nuxo but I can not clarify.
could someone explain.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chebari View Post
could someone explain to me the ESC would be recommended for this controller multiwii?
Read nuxo but I can not clarify.
could someone explain.
Most esc will work with this, size of esc will do with motors being used.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
any ESC?
No exception?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
any ESC?
No exception?
I bit of common sense, if you see someone building a multi-copter using a particular ESC for the motors you are interested in, the chances are it will work with the Crius board too. There are no special parts on the Crius board that haven't already been used on other flight controllers.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
any ESC?
No exception?
It depends on what size props & motors you plan to use with your frame.

I am using Turnigy L2210C-1200 Brushless Motors with 25A Red Brick ESCs and 9x5x3 Standard & 9x5x3R Props.

This combo seems to work really well for my Hexacopter without any issues.

Quote:
Can I use accelemeter in Hexa and Y6? Does it give me any better performance?
Yes, I find it to be an improvement over using only gyros.

Quote:
Barometer on SE board in 6 motor flying? Do it work?
It works but I haven't yet found the correct PID settings for it to function well.

Quote:
What products You recommend to add to the board to get better and more trust for flying (gps etc.) sensors?
This variation of Multiwii currently does not support GPS or ultrasonic but it may with future updates, you can follow the progress of these developments here:
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewfo...804ff6b855f334

I would recommend a bluetooth transceiver or LCD. I use this bluetooth transceiver to communicate with my board:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/serial-bl...ate-pin-1.html

Quote:
and also 2 ghz transmitters and resievers to filmer when we add 2 and latewr 3 axial cameramount to my multihelis?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. 2.4gHz radios will work fine with this board, as should any other with a standard PPM receiver. If you want to have a camera operator you will probably need to mount two receivers to your frame. Keep in mind that with multiwii 6 or more motors currently do not support camera stabilization.

Judging by your video work it might be best that you invest in a more dependable AP platform such a DJI WooKong. More Information on that can be found throughout the RCGroups MultiRotor Forums.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Thanks a lot for info. itīs night and I was writing without brains ! sorry.

I meant a bit off topic in this tread about 2 ghz ost or uav (or how those are called) transmitters and recievers for short distance filming, to help assistant to see realtime video from filming camera to add thru Crius Multiwii se controlboard. We will build separate stabilation to camera mounts anyway.

I just started with reeeally low budget! and I feel it paid it back already. We have build a lot of "cheap" toys. First combining flymentor to gaui board.. then mixing kkboard and flymentor. anyone experience to mix flymentor to multiwii? unnessary?Impossible?

We got 600 heli on build to fly bigger shoots..

Thanks again really clear INFO !

I dont bother You anymore . Iīll continue exploring... Big Thanks!
karpo3 is offline Find More Posts by karpo3
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
Thank you very much for the info sorry.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
i added a bma020 to my crius lite , and now it runs great.

the adxl345 is very (imho too much) sensitive to vibrations, almost unusable with cheap motors. tried for hours, but the ADXL made my quad swimming around, looked like very slowmotion wobble to all directions.
in acro mode it worked perfect.

crius SE has other sensors, there are not that big vibration issues.

i do usually not dampen FC, as it doesnt help much.
better is to build a sturdy frame, buy vibrationless motors and balancing props well.
then little PID tuning is all to do, to get a very stable and smooth copter.
I'm getting a bit tired of how much my quad wobbles, the GoPro footage doesn't look that nice. Now, to be fair it was very windy today, I had to fight the wind a lot but it wobbles when hovering too. Motors are alright, props should be balanced (I'll check again with a proper magnetic balancer, gonna order that and many other things next week.) and so on. How did you add the BMA020, where did you buy it and where did you place it on your frame?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
I made 2 flights last sunday with the SE board..

http://youtu.be/lmOnnj5-VyM

http://youtu.be/rW6bXzMjz1E
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I'm getting a bit tired of how much my quad wobbles, the GoPro footage doesn't look that nice. Now, to be fair it was very windy today, I had to fight the wind a lot but it wobbles when hovering too. Motors are alright, props should be balanced (I'll check again with a proper magnetic balancer, gonna order that and many other things next week.) and so on. How did you add the BMA020, where did you buy it and where did you place it on your frame?
Same sort of , balanced my motors , balanced my props , recalibrated etc etc etc i can get into a "hover "no problem but the quad shakes like a drug addict who hasnt had his fix, i understand that it is more than likely the pid settings but i have been up and down the values from 3.0 to 5.0 systematically step by step by step, every now and again the copter will just flip which is annoying. Ive ordered another magnetic balancer just in case but i know that its not the props , ive just put 20 5x3 props in the spares "bin" all new as they are so far out of balance it is unreal another waste of money thanks hobbyking, i know that it is all a "work in progress" but it is becoming slightly tedious lol.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:29 PM
Netherlands, ZH, Ridderkerk
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
I made 2 flights last sunday with the SE board..

http://youtu.be/lmOnnj5-VyM

http://youtu.be/rW6bXzMjz1E
[DUTCH]mooi stekkie hebben jullie daar.[/DUTCH]

Nice vids, can you post an picture of the quad?
I am curious about the gimbal on top of the quad...

Which LRS do you have?
isojed is offline Find More Posts by isojed
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:37 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
i just glued it to the free place on crius board with doublesided foam tape from HK.

connection pins for I2C are already provided on the lite board.

direction + wiring of bma020 can be found here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3668704

viacopter.eu, flyduino.de sells them, or kinderkram here from forum, or directly from german ELV shop(cheapest price, but shipping might be expensive.)
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind