HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:47 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
have you tried the low pass filters yet?

when your in the gui does the throttle channel stay steady?
or is it rising up and down there as well?
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:25 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
Yes of course, I setup all necessary settings, I;m not a noob in this stuff but I don;t understand what is wrong
First off, it still could be integral windup since this is a bad test.

Make the I and D value 0 on roll, pitch, and yaw.... does the problem persist? Since you have not changed any defaults you can always just reset them when you are done.

What would be a better test is arm it without props and pick it up and tilt it, do the motors on the downward side speed up and the upward side slow down?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:28 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
have you tried the low pass filters yet?

when your in the gui does the throttle channel stay steady?
or is it rising up and down there as well?
Do you saw my 2 screens ? first is first 3 seconds after startup
and second is after about 30 seconds... so
Throttle channel stay steady, but on of the motor channel got up rpm but other got down. ...
When I;m trying to turn on oneside my quad, I don't get in GUI position changes ...
MrDeath is offline Find More Posts by MrDeath
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
So i found out that problem was with the ULTRA PWM ESC.....and i also found out that i should propably do this https://code.google.com/r/foobarbecu...026507cb474f76 but i really dont know how. Will you help me?...doesnt anybody has firmware with those changes?
Ackroyd is offline Find More Posts by Ackroyd
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:35 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
I found a very strange issue,
My Board is Crius MW Lite 1.0 (frimaware was 2.1 stok) I bought this board from RC-Timer.

When I uncomment #define CRIUS_LE after compile > upload new firmware, on my board don't work sensor gyro/accelerometer MPU6050
And in gui I get a lot of I2C errors,
If I comment this #define CRIUS_LE and uncomment sensor type in config.h #define MPU6050 than my boar works without any errors on I2C and gyro acc also work

What can be the problem ?
Firmare 2.1 ,aduino 1.0.3,

Thanks in advice
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:18 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
Quote:
My Board is Crius MW Lite 1.0 (frimaware was 2.1 stok) I bought this board from RC-Timer.

When I uncomment #define CRIUS_LE after compile > upload new firmware, on my board don't work sensor gyro/accelerometer MPU6050
If I comment this #define CRIUS_LE and uncomment sensor type in config.h #define MPU6050 than my boar works without any errors on I2C and gyro acc also work

Thanks in advice
when you define a board you need not define any sensors .maybe this been your problem all along .

the only time you need to define sensors is if your board is not in the list ,or its a board you assembled with separate sensor boards .
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:

Thanks in advice

The CRIUS_LITE and CRIUS_SE that are sold recently are probably 2.0 versions and the settings are different from the ones in MultiWii/config.h. I would guess one of the other MPU6050 defines would probably work, but you may be better off making the adjustments manually.

You can see that the sensor definitions are out of date.

Code:
#if defined(CRIUS_LITE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define ADXL345
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  = -X; accADC[PITCH]  = -Y; accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
#endif

#if defined(CRIUS_SE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define BMP085
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  = -X; accADC[PITCH]  = -Y; accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; magADC[YAW]  = -Z;}
#endif
For the CRIUS LE 2.0 I would guess you need the following.

Code:
     /* I2C gyroscope */
      //#define WMP
      //#define ITG3200
      //#define L3G4200D
      #define MPU6050       //combo + ACC
and

Code:
      /* individual sensor orientation */
      //#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
      //#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
      //#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
Do not uncomment the board individually. Load it up, calibrate the acc and then see if the GUI responds to pitch and roll correctly. I am honestly guessing that the orientation is correct based on the fact that all CRIUS boards seem to use it, including the new v2.0 SE board that I have.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:15 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
The CRIUS_LITE and CRIUS_SE that are sold recently are probably 2.0 versions and the settings are different from the ones in MultiWii/config.h. I would guess one of the other MPU6050 defines would probably work, but you may be better off making the adjustments manually.

Code:
#if defined(CRIUS_LITE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define ADXL345
#endif

#if defined(CRIUS_SE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define BMP085
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; magADC[YAW]  = -Z;}
#endif

Code:
     /* I2C gyroscope */
      //#define WMP
      //#define ITG3200
      //#define L3G4200D
and

Code:
      //#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
      //#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
      //#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
Do not uncomment the board individually. Load it up, calibrate the acc and then see if the GUI responds to pitch and roll correctly. I am honestly guessing that the orientation is correct based on the fact that all CRIUS boards seem to use it, including the new v2.0 SE board that I have.
Thx for sugestion
As I saw MPU6050 is defined in CRIUS LITE sensors, so it must work, but don't work on my board.
I will check sensor settings from CRIUS LITE again...

Thx all for trying help
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:46 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
T
As I saw MPU6050 is defined in CRIUS LITE sensors
Not in any version of multiwii that I can see.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:14 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Not in any version of multiwii that I can see.
Oh,,, my bad, you are right .... It was a i2c define...

So how I must do ?
If my multiwii is with MPU6050 Sensor ?
To comment #define CRIUS_Lite and
to uncomment #define MPU6050 ?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:16 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:

Code:
#if defined(CRIUS_LITE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define ADXL345
#endif

#if defined(CRIUS_SE)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define HMC5883
  #define BMP085
#endif

Code:
     /* I2C gyroscope */
      //#define WMP
      //#define ITG3200
      //#define L3G4200D
and

Code:
Could you explain more here please ?
I use version 2.1
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:21 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Guys no luck I cannot understand, why one (in some cases 2) motors are spin faster than other 2

What ca be the problem, I'm stuck....
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
have you even tried to hover this quad yet?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
279 Posts
Hey All! Have a question regarding getting my quad to get off the ground. I'll give it a quick rundown, Rctimer 2212/15 930kv motors, gemfan 10x4.5 props, Rctimer 30a escs (not simon k flashed), Mwc 2012 board (the red one), 3s 2200 35c battery, Turnigy ubec, Home made frame of plywood. The board and receiver were pulled from a perfectly working, great flying quad (now sort of regretting that decision haha) of the same size and weight a dji 450. The board is mounted with 2 layers of the foam tape (it has always worked in the past for me) The new frame and all components are 1015g. The other setup weighed the same so its not too heavy. The only difference at this point are the escs, motors and frame. The escs were calibrated one at a time to the receiver throttle channel, for the throttle range, to remove the cutoffs, and set the timing to medium. The props are spinning in the right direction and are the proper rotation for each corner (I triple checked and I'm going to check again in the morning) The board is also plugged in correctly. What happens is the quad spins up, gets just light on the skids and the throttle just kinda backs off. It wont get more than an inch or two off the floor. Feels like it wont reach full throttle. The escs seem to reach full throttle when tested individually, but not hooked to the board. Its running 2.1 and hasn't been changed since it was removed from the old quad. The old esc was a Hobbywing 4n1 Quattro which worked great, that is my next step to put it back in to isolate the problem. Is there something that must be changed in the code for these escs? I have only updated to the newer versions, defined the board and the x copter, I have not messed with the code at all.
Gregco10 is offline Find More Posts by Gregco10
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:25 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
have you even tried to hover this quad yet?
I think I have resolved my problem, but not sure yet, I don;'t have enough space indoor for test fly.

I decrease down to 0 PID settings and calibrate ESC and my Trasnmiter. Now seems to be ok in GUI conf. ...