HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC77 View Post
I missed where he said it was a AIO PRO, I should have said "select the board that your using" to be more correct.
Actually he said he got a "a seconhand (sic) Crius Multiwii v1.0 " but since this is a AIO PRO thread I assumed that is what he has.
Thanks for the clairification. I am still confused over which selection to use in config.h with my Cloned Crius MultiWii AIO PRO VERSION 2. Should I use freeimuv4, AIO Pro ver 1, or what?

Heck I cant even verify the Mag chip through inspection.. the labeling is worn off, but it should be a HMC5883L. Any way to tell what components are on the board through software?
Gordon2 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined May 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
h_e_c,
CTS stands for "clear to send" and it is the name of a communacations signal which is the response to a communications device recieving or sending the "request to send" signal (RTS). It is a handshake between devices. but that is really not the issue in this case.
I have found that the RX, TX, rts and cts signals won't be damaged if miswired to each other. BUT you must be carefull with the 5 volt and 3.3 volt connections. In this case dont use 3.3 volts. The way I recomend is disconnecting all escs and other voltage sources from the board and use the 5 volt supplied by the USB connection to your PC to power the board. So in your case wire the vbus (5v) to the 5volt connection and ground to gnd. This will power the board. connect tx to tx and rx to rx . and plug in the usb port to the pc. You should hear the bong as the pc discovers the usb device.
Then fire up arduino 1.0.1 and open the Mutiliwii version you want to use. I have not had an issue with any version from 1.9 to the latest development veresion. once the script is in arduino go to the board and comm port setting and make sure that your using the correct comm and processor. Then open the config.h file and set it for the type of copter your want to run, and set the board to the crius se. Once the setup in config.h is set just, upload the sketch to the board. It takes a while, but you will see the progress bar at the bottom. this may be too much detail as there are several "how to"s on the Multiwii site.
Thanks for the response!

I've succesfully uploaded the firmware Multiwii 2.1 but with this adapter instead:

I had to install some drivers included in arduino IDE though... I think this adapter is quite new (doesn't use the FTDI usual chip) and it has issues with the serial port recognition.

Well, I'm now doing the connections to the ESC but I've seen written on the Crius Multiwii SE v1.0 that if you have Switched BECs you just HAVE TO CONNECT ONE ESC's V+, the others just need the signal wire and GND (the others with the red wire cut off), otherwise it would burn. Is this true?

And I have the HK BlueSeries 30 A ESC, it says here) that they are SBEC. Does that mean they are Switched BEC and that I must only connect one V+?

When I had them on Arduino Nano before they did well all connected, it seems strange to me that they could make any issue. Could you help me a little more? I promise then I'll stop asking

Thanks again.
h_e_c is offline Find More Posts by h_e_c
Last edited by h_e_c; Jan 26, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Hi to all,

I have one of this FC and now I have a problem, it seems that the information about the ACC and MAG calibration disappears almost every time that I change to a recharged battery.

Is this happening to someone alse? Someone knows what may be the problem?

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro
sismeiro is offline Find More Posts by sismeiro
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:21 PM
Splat
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2007
397 Posts
h_e_c
I would bet that the sbec is indicating that they are switched rather than linear BECs, so I would advice using a straight pin to lift the tiny tab holding the pin with the red wire in the 3pin connector, on all but one of the ESC, then a piece of heatshrink tubing to isolate the red wire so it does not touch anything. That way you can put everything back if you need to.
Gordon2,
This is the Crius MultiWii AIO board thread. The Crius All in one Pro has its own thread in the forums. So if your looking for info on the PRO you might want to take a look there. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677726 Also there appears to be a "Crius AIOP V2 "thread as well.
I have no experience with anything but the AIO SE board.
PLC77 is offline Find More Posts by PLC77
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hi,

I bought a Crius All in one pro v2 board from rctimer.com. I have uploaded the multiwii software. Everything is working corectly, but my pitch is reversed on my tx. I have an old tx without options to reverse channels. Is there a way to reverse the pitch channel in de software. Maybe in de config.h file? If someone can change this file for me that would be great.

Kind Regards,
Rienk
rienkvandenberg is offline Find More Posts by rienkvandenberg
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined May 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
h_e_c
I would bet that the sbec is indicating that they are switched rather than linear BECs, so I would advice using a straight pin to lift the tiny tab holding the pin with the red wire in the 3pin connector, on all but one of the ESC, then a piece of heatshrink tubing to isolate the red wire so it does not touch anything. That way you can put everything back if you need to.
Gordon2,
This is the Crius MultiWii AIO board thread. The Crius All in one Pro has its own thread in the forums. So if your looking for info on the PRO you might want to take a look there. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677726 Also there appears to be a "Crius AIOP V2 "thread as well.
I have no experience with anything but the AIO SE board.
Thank you!

I'll then just connect one V+ and all the others without it.

I'll try to have it flying tomorrow.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:36 PM
Splat
Joined Jul 2007
397 Posts
best of luck... be sure to check the directions as in the multiwii setup.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
Joined May 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
best of luck... be sure to check the directions as in the multiwii setup.
I got it flying very smoothly!!

In GYRO mode it is very unstable and likely to crash, but if you take off in LEVEL mode it is perfect.

Thank you very much for your priceless help, you've saved me! This tuesday I do the demonstration of my project, and now I have pretty neat and cool videos to show!

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:55 PM
Splat
Joined Jul 2007
397 Posts
post a video if you can, I'd love to see it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:16 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,654 Posts
multiwii guru`s i need advice

will this gps board work as a stand alone unit ?
or must i have the nav board?

looking to add this to a multiwii se

link to gps >>http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ublox-6m-...al-for-fc.html

the info

UBLOX-6M GPS Module with EEPROM Built in Antenna Support TTL IIC

- Ublox NEO-6M-0001 antenna integrated GPS module built-in ceramic antenna
- USART serial TTL or IIC communication;
- The module integrates a 3V button battery;
- The serial port baud rate default 9600,4800 and 38400 optional;
- Built In EEPROM can save some setting to avoid some setting when power on;
- Compatible with a variety of flight controller like MWC 2560 FC;
- Not need extra IIC to TTL signal convertor board,can be direct use on MWC SE with 328P FC;
- Module size: 44* 32*5mm
- Module weight:20gram

now it sounds like theres no need for convertor board it says .your thoughts?

has anyone tried this?
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:22 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
multiwii guru`s i need advice

will this gps board work as a stand alone unit ?
or must i have the nav board?

looking to add this to a multiwii se

link to gps >>http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ublox-6m-...al-for-fc.html

the info

UBLOX-6M GPS Module with EEPROM Built in Antenna Support TTL IIC

- Ublox NEO-6M-0001 antenna integrated GPS module built-in ceramic antenna
- USART serial TTL or IIC communication;
- The module integrates a 3V button battery;
- The serial port baud rate default 9600,4800 and 38400 optional;
- Built In EEPROM can save some setting to avoid some setting when power on;
- Compatible with a variety of flight controller like MWC 2560 FC;
- Not need extra IIC to TTL signal convertor board,can be direct use on MWC SE with 328P FC;
- Module size: 44* 32*5mm
- Module weight:20gram

now it sounds like theres no need for convertor board it says .your thoughts?

has anyone tried this?
Nice module you find

It has a Atmega328 on board ... so you can install on it the GPS to I2C converter ... but ... it should have it already inside ....

So ... you can put it directly on the MultiWii

Still for 20$ I can get a GPS, and with little software hack I can get GPS on MultiWii without any additional cost
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:06 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Yup, looks like it has I2C output, so you should be able to hook up straight to your multiwii.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,227 Posts
I wish to buy a GPS board for my Crius SE but I don't know much about it.
Could you explain the difference between this board and the CN-06 ?
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...wt&goodsid=763
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:44 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
I wish to buy a GPS for my Crius SE but I don't know much about it.
Could you explain the difference between this board and the CN-08 ?
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...wt&goodsid=763
In order to connect a GPS to a multiwii, you need to have the GPS signal as I2C. The board in the previous post says it has an I2C output, this one doesn't.

So to use this one, you need another board to convert the signal to I2C, like one of these:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,227 Posts
OK. Thank you.
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply