HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
How did you calibrate your mag?
I used to connect the battery and use the stick command. Once activated, I hold the quad and turn 360 degrees then pitch the quad forward 360 degrees followed by rolling 360 degrees. I got lazy. Now I just connect the FTDI, click on "Clibrate Mag" then move the quad in all random directions. It seems to work, too.
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:38 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlkk View Post
I used to connect the battery and use the stick command. Once activated, I hold the quad and turn 360 degrees then pitch the quad forward 360 degrees followed by rolling 360 degrees. I got lazy. Now I just connect the FTDI, click on "Clibrate Mag" then move the quad in all random directions. It seems to work, too.
Thanks.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:58 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlkk View Post
Do you do that once or every time you power up the unit?
davecrash is online now Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:00 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
That cleared a lot of things up, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
davecrash is online now Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:32 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
ok guys i have a problem ,

i have a 2012 red board multiwii running 2.0 and the compass is off.
the board has a red arrow to position it on a craft and it should point due north ,but when i hook my board up facing forward(due north) the compass reads west .
as in i would have to mount the board in some weird way to get it to face forward.

how do i correct this?

i hit calibrate mag and spun the board on all axis but still came out the same ,facing west.its 90 degrees off .

help!!this is holding up my discovery build

i could have worded this wrong to ......lets say my gyro is off .when board should be reading north it reads west .
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Last edited by helizrnew2me; Jan 08, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:30 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
ok guys i have a problem ,

i have a 2012 red board multiwii running 2.0 and the compass is off.
the board has a red arrow to position it on a craft and it should point due north ,but when i hook my board up facing forward(due north) the compass reads west .
as in i would have to mount the board in some weird way to get it to face forward.

how do i correct this?

i hit calibrate mag and spun the board on all axis but still came out the same ,facing west.its 90 degrees off .

help!!this is holding up my discovery build

i could have worded this wrong to ......lets say my gyro is off .when board should be reading north it reads west .

The magnetometer reading is relative, not absolute. The board doesn't know or care which way north is, it just cares whether or not it's changing heading, and how fast.

As long as you've calibrated the mag, it's all good, don't worry about the direction readout.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
i reloaded a new 2.0 sketch and now it reads correctly ,thanks for checking in on me .
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
Do you do that once or every time you power up the unit?
Only once.
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:55 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Jun 2012
53 Posts
Gyro I2C problems, SE v0.2

Hello,

I've recently bought a used Crius Multiwii SE v0.2 board on eBay for my quadcopter build, and got it today. I've successfully updated the firmware to MultiWii 2.1 and got the board to talk to the PC software, but there seems to be a problem with the gyro sensor. The I2C error counter in the software is constantly counting up and overflowing, and the gyro values are always 0. All other sensors (ACC, MAG, BAR) are working, and after calibrating them the GUI correctly shows the copter's orientation - but it updates very slowly, I'm pretty sure it won't fly without gyros working.

The gyro sensor is an ITG3205 (verified my looking at the chips myself). The sensors are correctly configured in the firmware, I've double-checked it - the stock configuration for the Crius SE lists the correct sensors. Other things I've tried: changing I2C frequency, enabling internal I2C pull-ups, trying the last dev MultiWii build.

I really hope this isn't it, but looks to me like the sensor or the board wiring is bad. I contacted the eBay seller to check if the board was flyable before. Still, is there anything else I can do on my end to maybe fix this?

edit Okay, so I researched Arduino and I2C a bit, and found a simple I2C scanner sketch. Sure enough, running it shows I2C devices at 3 addresses, but none at 0x68 or 0x69, which is where the gyro would be. So it's a hardware fault with the board, presumably a loose solder connection. Now, how do I best fix it?..
olex is offline Find More Posts by olex
Last edited by olex; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: further research
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:57 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
mwii coding

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask?

I try to do this:
At power up of the board, getting the rx signal directly to the motor outputs bypassing the sensors and pids. And where in code can i place it, at the end of setup()?

Basically:
Code:
Code:
while (1) {  
  computeRC(); // so i have the transmitter signals in rcData[]
  blinkLED(4,20, 4); //delay a bit
  writeAllMotors(rcData[THROTTLE]); //output the rx signal to the motor output 
}
Thanks,
manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
ok ,newest issue .

got the tbs discovery all built and multiwii se installed .in the gui i have full control of all functions ,during test hover i have no right stick action whatsoever ,rudder works and thats all .

ideas??
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
could it be the use of ntm 1200 motors combined with simonk flashed esc`s??i read this could be an issue.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
anybody have any ideas to my issue?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:31 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
could it be the use of ntm 1200 motors combined with simonk flashed esc`s??i read this could be an issue.
On the bench, in the GUI, do you see response on all four channels?
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
On the bench, in the GUI, do you see response on all four channels?
yes i do ,everything works as it should in the gui .and the motors spin up fine too,no issues there .just no pitch or roll control at all. ??could i be missing something in the sketch?its a fresh download of 2.0 and i set a couple things in sketch ,like min throttle,define pin 8 ,lp filters .