Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
GTiDonavan give me some videos to look at your copter

p.s. how about this ESC ?
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...9&productname=
This is the only uploaded video I have of it.. It had KK and has changed a bit since then, ill add photos with the CRIUS setup. More appropriate to this thread
X525 Quadcopter First Flight 2012 (4 min 57 sec)

and
Quadcopter Shot Down by dutchman (0 min 37 sec)
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:57 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
gbmarsh, I'm aware that you have to use the I2C interface board to connect the GPS, which is why I asked since it looks to me like ssatoru used the I2C connection to connect the extra board.
If you hack MultiWii 2.1 as I did ... I have no problem to connect directly GPS to the serial interface of any multiWii board.

MultiWii 2.1 software on 328 chip, or better on chip with only 1 serial, expect to have GPS on i2c or on a different serial then the one used for configuration ... but ... as said ... I did hack this, and I can have configuration and GPS other the same serial, but not on the same time ... when I fly I don't configure over serial my multiwii ...

One more thing .... GPS hold and GPS RTH ... works only with baro and magnetometer ... so ... witout these .. you need to hack further more then code ... baro in my view is not mandatory ... GPS report altitude (not super accurate but it could just be good enough) ... about direction ... this is more a problem on a quad ... GPS direction at low speed is not accurate ... but if you use this board on a plane the magnetometer is not needed.

My next project is using a Lite version + GPS on a aeroplane ... after have hack the MutliWii 2.1 code

e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:05 AM
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,044 Posts
Hi TigerPilot, no, I have not tried GPS on Lite yet. I need to check if I2C Arduino I/F connect to (Lite + GY-651) without pull ups. I am using CRIUS I2C Arduino Nav module on old 0.2 SE without adjusting pull up.

Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
Good idea. I'll look into it. I have two lite board and it will be cheaper to go this route than to buy a new SE board.

BTW, did you connect a GPS to the board? And if yes, did you connect it to the I2C where the new board is also connected? I wonder if it will give me problem to connect them both.
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
On the old Crius v0.2 lite there is a place to connect the external Mag and Baro board but on this board there is none that I can see. I think here it has to be connected, somehow, to the I2C connectors.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
I have a Crius AIO PRO and the USB receptacle broke off the first time I plugged it in. I'm not sending it back. Can I still program it by another method other than USB with the stock firmware?
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:17 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
I have read the first dozen or so pages of this thread and will keep looking for the answer but I need help with my quad. I have the iFlight i450 from Altitude Hobbies (basically the same things as the DJI) with Simon K escs and the ZMR multiwii board. As near as I can tell its the same board as the Crius it just has a different name silk screened on it. All the esc's have been calibrated, max throttle set to around 1950. Other than that all the settings are still set to stock.

When I arm the quad and take off it doesn't drift in any direction, the yaw is also dead on. What I am having a problem with is the elevation/throttle control. When the quad is in a hover it will randomly climb or drop several feet feet with not change to the throttle. What specific settings do I need to adjust to try and tune this out ? I have been flying RC for years but I am a quad noob. I need somebody to hold my hand I took a screen shot of MultiWii conf just in case that will help.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
If you have not uploaded v2.0 Multiwii code, you need to use V1.9 of MultiWii conf to connect to it. Or update SE board to v2.0 (see Newbie guide attached to the first post of this thread) Crius SE comes with V1.9 loaded.
Otherwise, you can try mw-wingui 1.04 which is available here. This GUI is Windows based, is easier and more stable than original GUI, and supports both V1.9 and 2.0. I prefer this WinGUI.

Satoru
Guys i desperly need help im willing to pay i can pay in cash or paypal.
i have the same setup and it is working great . but i can not install recent version or im doing something wrong.
im tired. i have been trying to get this issue resolved for like 2 month. hehehe i need help i can pay please. ok thanks
bc2801 is offline Find More Posts by bc2801
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
I got V1.0 SE from RC Timer today with ATmega 328P I/C serial I/F. This is first purchase from them, It arrived in 7 days, not bad.

This SE board says it is loaded with 2.0 software. Connected to WinGui and it does communicate as 2.0 FC ok. Sensor orientations are set correct. HOWEVER I am getting lots of I2C error. Sigh...I will try to load software again with different setting later.

*EDIT* Solved! V2.0 software with INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS defined did not generate I2C error. Existing V2.0 CRIUS_SE definition gives correct sensor orientation.

ATmega 328 I2C serial I/F board looks nice with FTDI and ISP port. It is a bargain.at $6.99 including shipping. I can use for other projects, too.

Satoru
i have this same setup and i can not get it to work please here is my email bc28001athotmai.com . i have try everything. i can get the quad to fly and the gimbal to work but i can not get the gps to work . so please i really apreciat if anyone can help. please
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
bc2801, try looking into this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1724694&page=5. Let us know if it helped you, it might steer others in the right direction if they have this problem too.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:44 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Figured out my previous post after talking to Crash from the Crash Cast. I swapped out the RX and the problem is gone at default settings. It flies pretty well with the defaults now. A little bit of tuning and it will be rock solid.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Thank you TigerPilot i will take a look at it and see if i can resolved this issue today thanks so much
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:38 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Great news! glad to hear and congratulations on maiden!

Satoru
Quote:
Great news! glad to hear and congratulations on maiden!

Satoru
Hi Satoru!!

Great news! My PPM converter arrived at home...
You know that I'm building a hexacopter...so, let's goooo!!

I connected each channel from receiver respectily in the PPM converter.

[RX Channel 1 - PWM 1]
[RX Channel 2 - PWM 2]
[...]
[RX Channel 7 - PWM 7]

Later, I connected the PPM output on Throttle port on Crius Multiwii (negative/positive/signal).

ATTENTION: Motor 5 and 6 must be connected in D5 (pitch) and D6 (yaw) directly - you must not connect on motors channels (see picture motors 1-6).

Now...ENJOY IT.
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2009
35 Posts
hello to everyone..ı have a crıus aıo card and extender board gps.. using for hexacopter..
megapirate installed..Everything is running, but I can not run the waypoint , return to launch return to home function..Is there a code that I can use these functions?
How do I run this function megapirate fully?
Can you please help me..
gPS is working but When running the function of rth function hexacopter suddenly pop out into the air and, after rising to a level ..mold does not come back to that level again..
until the batteries are almost..
Have give me the right codes..
Best regards
bozo bozok is offline Find More Posts by bozo bozok
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithalweapon View Post
I have a Crius AIO PRO and the USB receptacle broke off the first time I plugged it in. I'm not sending it back. Can I still program it by another method other than USB with the stock firmware?
I connected an FTDI board to the FTDI connector. I can use multiwii config ok. I'm able to open the com port and read and write to the controller. I am not however able to get Arduino 1.1 to update the firmware because I want to change the configuration to Tricopter. Arduino 1.1 will compile and the it says uploading, but just hangs and never finishes. Not sure what programmer to choose, they all seem to act the same.
Any suggestions? I have a Crius SE and it works fine with the FTDI board. So far nothing but problems with the AIOP.
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:45 PM
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,044 Posts
Hi bozo bozok, leithalweapon,

I believe both of you are discussing Crious AIO Pro board which is ATmega 2560 based. This thread discusses ATmega 328 based CRIUS board and not sure you can get much info here. There is a dedicated thread here for this board and you will get more information there..

Satoru
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru