CSU Chico, Flight Club
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Sep 2012
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
Wow, ok, that's not good...

Is you ACC on or off?

If off, then there is something very asymmetrical about your setup, and you need to find out what that is. Motors, props, ESCs, wiring.
it must be in programming maybe the TX but i think its the Crius AIO board... but i dont know where in the source code to change it.

Motors, Props, Wiring all check out as exactly the same and right... Ive even re-ranged the ESC's on the RX.

It still will not center the throttles for roll.

[EDIT:] I wonder if I have the two castle ESCs setup different?
[ACC are ON, only P's no I's or D's ]

Nevermind, DUH, i copied the left ESC file to my computer, then wrote it back to the right ESC, now they both work.

ESCs = Castle, 50 amp, Phoenix ICE.
Test Pilot Mafia is online now Find More Posts by Test Pilot Mafia
Last edited by Test Pilot Mafia; Oct 01, 2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:42 PM
CSU Chico, Flight Club
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Sep 2012
830 Posts
Is configurator 2.1 worthless? i cant get any functionality after 10 consecutive tries as per the FAQ on multiiwii.com.

I quote:

The GUI seems to lock up or freezes during connection.

Make sure you are not going to fast, in general it seems better to wait a few seconds between & before the start command on the GUI is given.

General advise:

1.Boot arduino
2.Start Configurator
3.wait a few seconds
4.click “start”
5.wait
6.if WMP data, click read
7.wait… move quad a little
8.ACC data shows up…

If it fails (locks up), exit the configurator and try again.

with out this configurator i have no way to change my PIDs, i cant even see the little grey boxes.

at least the HK2.0 board has buttons and an LCD screen that works.
Last edited by Test Pilot Mafia; Oct 01, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Pilot Mafia View Post
Is configurator 2.1 worthless? i cant get any functionality after 10 consecutive tries as per the FAQ on multiiwii.com.

I quote:

The GUI seems to lock up or freezes during connection.

Make sure you are not going to fast, in general it seems better to wait a few seconds between & before the start command on the GUI is given.

General advise:

1.Boot arduino
2.Start Configurator
3.wait a few seconds
4.click “start”
5.wait
6.if WMP data, click read
7.wait… move quad a little
8.ACC data shows up…

If it fails (locks up), exit the configurator and try again.

with out this configuratoe i have no way to change my PIDs, i cant even see the little grey boxes.

at least the HK2.0 board has buttons and an LCD screen that works.
2.1 works flawlessly, and rarely hangs.

You are doing something wrong.

Have you selected the correct com port? What do the lights do on your FTDI? And what bout the lights on the FC?
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
hi again

when i try to write the config to the board with arduino v1.0 i get this message -
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I'm using a MWC Crius multiwii v1.0

in the tools tab, what board do i need to select? i've read that it's because the board is not responding, i'm def on the right serial port, 8 in my case..... what else can i check?
Troppy is offline Find More Posts by Troppy
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:00 PM
CSU Chico, Flight Club
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Sep 2012
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
2.1 works flawlessly, and rarely hangs.

You are doing something wrong.

Have you selected the correct com port? What do the lights do on your FTDI? And what bout the lights on the FC?
com port is always 12 and it always works.

The FTDI and board all light up. the board works fine in all configurations, the GUI is apparently jamming consistently, what settings can be changed in Java or what?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:24 AM
Joined Feb 2012
47 Posts
Hello to everyone , first post here , got one of this crius se boards , and i have a question to ask so please any help would be greatfull. I flashed some escs with simon k firmware and now my yaw acts odd . it holds but its weak , sometimes i have a surprise and it turns around 90 degrees , specialy when its high and with some wind. The P yaw value is around 10 ,even 12.
Dont know if minthrottle has something to do with it , i have it at 1180.
I have a turnigy 9x transmitter , with end points at 100 , i centred the sticks at 1500 in the gui , and then i calibrated one by one the throttle range of each esc. Then i maxed only aleron and throttle to 120 , because if i max the others , the centre sticks would not be at 1500. In throttle gui on the right cant reach 2000 , Its around 980 and 1990 , similer values, but not the same for yaw ,aleron and pitch.
What am i doing wrong ? by the way i have tryed all multiwii firmware 1.9 , 2.0 and 2.1.
One more question, should i edit the minthrottle under 980 in the script ? if i do the motors wont start when i arm them . Over that value they start at min throttle stick when i arm the the motors. I heard its better that way so they dont stop in flight at min throttle stick.
thanks
rcnoble is offline Find More Posts by rcnoble
Last edited by rcnoble; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:48 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnoble View Post
Hello to everyone , first post here , got one of this crius se boards , and i have a question to ask so please any help would be greatfull. I flashed some escs with simon k firmware and now my yaw acts odd . it holds but its weak , sometimes i have a surprise and it turns around 90 degrees , specialy when its high and with some wind. The P yaw value is around 10 ,even 12.
I have a turnigy 9x transmitter , with end points at 100 , i centred the sticks at 1500 in the gui , and then i calibrated one by one the throttle range of each esc. Then i maxed only aleron and throttle to 120 , because if i max the others , the centre sticks would not be at 1500. In throttle gui on the right cant reach 2000 , Its around 980 and 1990 , similer values, but not the same for yaw ,aleron and pitch.
What am i doing wrong ? by the way i have tryed all multiwii firmware 1.9 , 2.0 and 2.1.
One more question, should i edit the minthrottle under 980 in the script ? if i do the motors wont start when i arm them . Over that value they start at min throttle stick when i arm the the motors. I heard its better that way so they dont stop in flight at min throttle stick.
thanks
I also get sometime a ODD yaw control ...

This happen when you fail to keep steady the quad during the power up ... the multiwii board calibrate the gyros at each power up ... if your quad is not still in this phase ... you will notice that yaw make no sense at all after you try to fly the quad.

Solution is simple ... just unplug the battery, make a new power up ... and be carefully to have the quad still in this phase ... else there should be also a command (via sicks) for re-calibrate the gyro ... there was a nice picture many pages ago ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Feb 2012
47 Posts
Thanks for a quick reply.
Maybe thats the problem , but i usualy calibrate the gyros after pluging the battery with throttle stick min to the left and pitch down and then fly.
thanks for the solution , i usualy do that with my hk450 helis , when the yaw acts ODD.
rcnoble is offline Find More Posts by rcnoble
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:26 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnoble View Post
thanks
If you have flashed your esc's with simonk FW then minthrottle is 1064. If you look at config.h v2.1, you can define it.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Last edited by er9xuser; Oct 03, 2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: ...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:33 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
If you have flashed your esc's with simonk FW then minthrottle is 1064. If you look at config.h v2.1, you can define it.
The only configuration left in the simonK FW, is the definition of the end point .... so this minthrottle 1064 value is maybe not accurate in case somebody did calibrate the esc.

Actually it is good practice to calibrate all the ESC for have all having the same low and high level (start and highest RPM)
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:34 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
The only configuration left in the simonK FW, is the definition of the end point .... so this minthrottle 1064 value is maybe not accurate in case somebody did calibrate the esc.

Actually it is good practice to calibrate all the ESC for have all having the same low and high level (start and highest RPM)
As far as I know you must define somethinh in ESC section of the code. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by er9xuser; Oct 03, 2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:55 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
As far as I know you must define somethinh in ESC section of the code. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Right .... sometime this is used for have motor spinning at low speed as soon as you ARM the board ...

Anyhow ... it is totally independent by the type of ESC ... so SimonK FW or not, make no difference on it.

Actually ... looking at the code ... what e mess

The parameters are:

MOTOR_STOP
MINTHROTTLE
MINCOMMAND
MINCHECK

But ... mainly this is what about :

//#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
#define MINTHROTTLE 1150

To me .. what is above make not much sense ...

This is only for define a minimum value to be given to ESC, in case of armed, and not stopped ...

I think this want to be the lowest spin during a normal fly (that should be with throttle above MINCHECK if MOTORSTOP is enable (I use MOTORSTOP)

So ... this value it depends by:
Motor
ESC
ESC configurtion

Aim, it is to find the lowest ESC signal that allow a slow and smooth rotation ...

Anyhow ... I never bother much of this value ...

I kept defaut value with 1150, on my plush ESC, and I did not notice any issue ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I think this is designed to avoid some cogging motor during a fly .. this could cause some issue ... maybe ...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:02 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,436 Posts
Thx for info.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:32 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Pilot Mafia View Post
com port is always 12 and it always works.

The FTDI and board all light up. the board works fine in all configurations, the GUI is apparently jamming consistently, what settings can be changed in Java or what?
if you have bluetooth enabled on the same machine, disable it and try to see if it hangs
dowlinger is offline Find More Posts by dowlinger
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:18 AM
Perth Australia
Joined Feb 2010
488 Posts
the download links in the newbies guide show 'error 404' . is there an alternative ? . thank you .
swervo is offline Find More Posts by swervo