HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:18 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
I think this board will understandably upset some of the members here that have their own interest in selling us shields and boards. (no offence meant to any of them)

It should be an easy task to strap an original WMP to the ic2 lines and have all the stability that that gyro brings if that is what you want.

From an engineering point of view it might not be as elegantly routed - but you have to remember plenty of people are still flying very well with boards that are build out of breadboard and 24awg wire.

I will be very interested in some real world reports when people start flying these. I bet you could put one in the hands of Warthox and he'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between it and any of its competitors that are well known here. It is much more choice in motor, props and frame that makes the big difference in handling

Competition is a good thing. Especially in multirotors where the price trend has been fairly high for a board built with cheap sensors and an arduino core.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Last edited by Katch; Dec 06, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:06 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Price involves more than the raw material cost. Buying from a source that provides a warranty and support for their product can be worth a lot. Some of these new Chinese knockoffs don't even seem to come with documentation or software. Not saying that is the case here, but lowest purchase price doesn't always deliver the best end user experience.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
What documentation do you need for a tarduino breakout with clearly labeled pins?
If you don't know what D1.D2.D3 whatever means or can't figure out how to fit TX/RX/GND for a serial connector, well, ...
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
I ordered their MWC Multiwii lite board and the FTDI USB cable the other day. My first exposure to Arduino/Multiwii coming from KK boards in the past. Should be fun when it arrives. Also have a Bluetooth USB->serial module coming from goodluckbuy.com so I can use the Arduino IDE via a netbook or Android device to make field programing adjustments.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
Is THIS the same board?
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
Is THIS the same board?
No, that board is virtually empty, and not labeled Crius.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:57 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Been keeping an eye on the auctions - lots and lots of them now sold. Guess we'll get the first tests in a couple of weeks.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:07 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Mine's on the way. I'm gonna put it on the Bambucopter frame. I'll most likely post a video later of the build if I'm successful. It'll take a while tho, I'm waiting for 6 different packages. (FC, FTDI board, FrSky Rx, Fatshark goggles, Bambucopter frame and Hobbyking package.)
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
I ordered their MWC Multiwii lite board and the FTDI USB cable the other day. My first exposure to Arduino/Multiwii coming from KK boards in the past. Should be fun when it arrives. Also have a Bluetooth USB->serial module coming from goodluckbuy.com so I can use the Arduino IDE via a netbook or Android device to make field programing adjustments.
Can i ask which bluetooth module you ordered ? that will be the last piece for me so i can control my multiwii via my android phone.

Thanks
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:22 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
edit
Bob K is offline Find More Posts by Bob K
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:43 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Can i ask which bluetooth module you ordered ? that will be the last piece for me so i can control my multiwii via my android phone.

Thanks
See this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428641
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:59 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
These boards might be nice and cheap, butwith them coming from China, you never know what your going to get. Plus, if they offer you a warranty of any kind, there's no guarantee they will send you another on or just tell you to go screw yourself. And even if they say they will send you another, they will want you to send your faulty one back and in their hands before the other ships out (most of the time).

The one thing I like most about my Quadrino board is if anything goes wrong, Witespy has your back. Ask anyone with a Quadrino how the customer service is. If you have any kind of problem, you can contact Witespy through PM here or through his website. The most top notch CS and QS you will ever get.
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepong View Post
These boards might be nice and cheap, butwith them coming from China, you never know what your going to get. Plus, if they offer you a warranty of any kind, there's no guarantee they will send you another on or just tell you to go screw yourself. And even if they say they will send you another, they will want you to send your faulty one back and in their hands before the other ships out (most of the time).

The one thing I like most about my Quadrino board is if anything goes wrong, Witespy has your back. Ask anyone with a Quadrino how the customer service is. If you have any kind of problem, you can contact Witespy through PM here or through his website. The most top notch CS and QS you will ever get.
Said they were from Hong Kong, on the eBay shop I ordered from, sure you get what you pay for in terms of support, but realistically I have bought two HK quad controllers and never been to them for support, as most of the support is for the firmware, which they didn't write. No doubt it will be similar for the Multiwii boards. I mean if they are bad rcgroups will be the first to know about it!
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
its going to be smaller in a few weeks time and will fly like this

quick QUADCOPTER flight in the park N3M1S1S (3 min 7 sec)

exact same components just the next gen board to the one posted in 1st post
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
N-BOT T88761 mini MultiWii HD cam quadcopter multi copter helicopter micro N3M1S1S (5 min 55 sec)
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s