HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
member of TheBlindHawks
Joined Feb 2011
183 Posts
Can anyone please share the pinout of the new Crius SE v1.0 upgraded version. I cannot find any information about it. Thank you very much

PINOUTs anyone?
careyer is offline Find More Posts by careyer
Last edited by careyer; Aug 10, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkar View Post
Thanks TS00 i'll try those two things, actually it doesn't become unstable when I cut throttle, it does when I first cut throttle wait for it to fall a bit and then puts back high throttle to stop it from falling. It happens when I put back throttle
It could be your ESC's.

Some ESCs/motors would not work too well after going into a low input range. They could either stop or be very non-linear.

I have a little tester that steps in 0.01ms:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-8S-RC-Batte...item4ab7b03c4e

One set of my ESCs/motors would stop at around 1.2ms and wouldn't even run again sometimes until I power cycle them.

My other set may stop at around 1.10ms and also have a dip, i.e. instead of accelerating smoothly, they decelerate a bit before accelerate at around 1.13ms. Some need to go back below 1.10ms to start running again after stopping at 1.10ms.

My ESC's are also slightly different in behaviour even they are of the same make and model.

It is a known issue that ESCs may get into trouble at a low input level. The work around is to keep the ESC above that trouble zone when armed. On Multiwii, there is a MINTHROTTLE setting on config.h. There is also a minthrottle on the original KK2 menu.

While it is called throttle, it is not just throttle. It is the sum of the mixing from all the RX inputs and the sensors. The FW will prevent the sum going under.

Try increasing MINTHROTTLE.

Good luck.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
258 Posts
Okay I'll do this when I receive my new ftdi, I'll try increasing the timings tonight, thanks for the detailed explanation
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
Get out and Fly!
United States, NC, Kernersville
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyer View Post
Can anyone please share the pinout of the new Crius SE v1.0 upgraded version. I cannot find any information about it. Thank you very much
Not sure if these are the right ones your after, but I searched on Crius SE pin out.

Rastor...
Rastor is offline Find More Posts by Rastor
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:04 PM
member of TheBlindHawks
Joined Feb 2011
183 Posts
Well these ones are the pinouts for the "old" v0.2 SE board. As you can see the new board has a different layout and is smaller (only 35x35mm) - but thanks anyway =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastor View Post
Not sure if these are the right ones your after, but I searched on Crius SE pin out.
Rastor...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:

PINOUTs anyone?
The pins are labelled as per Multiwii convention.

The left row all goes to your Rx (the first 3 pins to the throttle via a 3 pin > 3 pin connector), then signal pins for Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Aux1 & Aux2 in that order.

The bottom rows are the motor pins, labels as per multiwii pins.

Does that make sense? If you have specific questions, do say.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
Get out and Fly!
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Well these ones are the pinouts for the "old" v0.2 SE board. As you can see the new board has a different layout and is smaller (only 35x35mm) - but thanks anyway =)
Yeah from what I can tell these are considered the -

"Multiwii SE v1.0 is new mini FC Board" the MINI being the key to name...

There is also a good pinout also not the same board but way more detail to help ID I would think... Here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677726 comes close IMO...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
Get out and Fly!
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Update

Well I manged to get 2.1 loaded and setup, Tx dialed in, still a bit behind on the fine tune, but learning. Thks TS00

Took her out and test flew, needless to say I should of used lock tight on the motor screws she hit a tree but is fine.
I just finished putting her back together and noticed where the unstable flight was cumming from and prob why the motor came off in the first place.

One of my prop spinners is not the same as the rest from kit/GLB and has a noticeable wobble in it mounted and does not sit imo flush with the prop using the same in-certs nor at the same height on the shaft, I can't believe I missed it. I guess I hit a motor lot change as they packed my box for the kit...

So with that said, I now want to know anyone's opn. on Prop Savers for quads or should I stick with spinner's.

Local hobby store is out of both and was looking at these.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_3_bands.html Thanks...
Last edited by Rastor; Aug 10, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
My choice would be spinners for ANY prop over 6" diameter
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
So with that said, I now want to know anyone's opn. on Prop Savers for quads or should I stick with spinner's.
Prop savers are really bad news for multirotors, they create way too much vibration.

I like to cut my motor shafts short, around 8mm, so that the prop adapter sits flush with the motor body. Easy with a dremel. Don't worry if you can't do this, but if you can, it does help.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
Get out and Fly!
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Thanks guys,

Yeah on the foam planes, not to bad of a deal...

But yeah on this thing I can def. see the safety aspects and more poseable wobble.

Ill stick with spinners just need to find a match set now.

You can see the vibe at the 30sec mark with the spinner that does not match the others. Watch the foot/landing gear closest to the cam.

IMG 0266 (0 min 52 sec)

Around 60% power it vibrates out of control.

So close....
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:04 PM
member of TheBlindHawks
Joined Feb 2011
183 Posts
Hello TS00,

thank you very much! That helped a lot. Can you please verify that the pinout is as shown below? Can you tell what the 3 unkown pins are used for? Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
The pins are labelled as per Multiwii convention.

The left row all goes to your Rx (the first 3 pins to the throttle via a 3 pin > 3 pin connector), then signal pins for Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Aux1 & Aux2 in that order.

The bottom rows are the motor pins, labels as per multiwii pins.

Does that make sense? If you have specific questions, do say.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
258 Posts
So I tried to change all my escs (Turnigy plush 30A) timing mode to High, and with that the quad won't even take off, it just backflips immediately, whatever pids I put in, I'll try medium tomorrow
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Hello TS00,

thank you very much! That helped a lot. Can you please verify that the pinout is as shown below? Can you tell what the 3 unkown pins are used for? Thank you very much!

That's correct, with the following provisos:

The pin labelled D2 is the throttle. It's just convenient to use a 3 pin lead to connect all 3 pins to the Rx in one go.

Aux2 - this can be D8 or D12, you set that in config.h.

D5 and D6 can be motors 5 and 6, but only if you are using PPM Sum. Note that these pins are physically connected to the pins labelled D5 and D6 in the left hand row of pins.

If you are using separate Rx channels, and you are building a hexa, you will need to use A0 and A1 for motors 5 and 6, enabling this in config.h (by enabling #define A0_A1_PIN_HEX)

A6 and A7 are not currently used AFAIK
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys,

Yeah on the foam planes, not to bad of a deal...

But yeah on this thing I can def. see the safety aspects and more poseable wobble.

Ill stick with spinners just need to find a match set now.

You can see the vibe at the 30sec mark with the spinner that does not match the others. Watch the foot/landing gear closest to the cam.

http://youtu.be/LPh51Af5a4c

Around 60% power it vibrates out of control.

So close....
Wow, that frame looks like it has a lot of vibration. Is everything tight?