HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
The 1.0 is the more recent board, it's smaller. They have the same chip (328) and the same sensors. I have several of each, they are the same apart from board size & layout.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
I tried to do what the Newbies Guide from the OP says. I opened the Ardunio 1.0.1 and tried to load the config.h file and I get the message 'Processing can only open it's own sketches and other files ending in .ino or .pde.
I tried to load Multwii_release_candidate and compiling it and I get to many errors to list.
The Crius 0.2 board lights up, red led and orange led, and the blue led lights up when I move the board. I have set com3 yet nothing shows up on the GUI. No movements and I don't see the quad avatar on the right.
I looked for a step by step video for the connecting of the boards but couldn't find any. I guess everybody else had no problem connecting and I'm the only dummy.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
I tried to do what the Newbies Guide from the OP says. I opened the Ardunio 1.0.1 and tried to load the config.h file and I get the message 'Processing can only open it's own sketches and other files ending in .ino or .pde.
I tried to load Multwii_release_candidate and compiling it and I get to many errors to list.
The Crius 0.2 board lights up, red led and orange led, and the blue led lights up when I move the board. I have set com3 yet nothing shows up on the GUI. No movements and I don't see the quad avatar on the right.
I looked for a step by step video for the connecting of the boards but couldn't find any. I guess everybody else had no problem connecting and I'm the only dummy.
The Crius board comes loaded with multiwii and ready to fly (for an X quad). However, you may have by now overwritten the code that comes on it, so you really need to start from scratch to make sure you have the correct configuration.

So, download the latest stable release (NOT a release candidate!). This is currently 2.1. In your arduino IDE open /MultiWii_2_1/MultiWii_2_1.ino

This will automatically open all the files in the project, including config.h. You will need to make a few small changes here, but they depend on the rest of your setup. If you give a full description of your machine, I'll tell you what changes.

When you've done this, you just compile and upload the sketch. You then fire up the GUI, and connect to the board.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Thanks, TS00, I probably have screwed up something with the release candidate. I loaded the 2.0 and now everything is fine. Thanks for the info.

Looks like you are the resident guru right now, TS00. Your commitment is much appreciated.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
You're welcome. I'm hardly a guru, it's just nice to be able to give back to the community when possible.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx-0 View Post
@need
try unplugging the usb connection from the pc. USB is supposed hot plug and play.
Poorly written drivers may not allow.
I have tried to unplug the usb from the computer and the small ftdi board from the multiwii board with the usb still plugged in, but the computer seems stop accepting new hardware. I even tried to plug in my ipod and the computer did not see it.
needforspeed95 is offline Find More Posts by needforspeed95
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Anyone tried to compile the new 2.1 release? I get this error trying to compile it. 'avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30'
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
@need
It may not be that important, as you don't need to update firmware very often.
I would setup a Bluetooth to do pid changes, if I needed to make often changes.
I don't change much except firmware, when I hear it's stable.
That being said...
what hardware(computer) are you using and operating system. What does device manager list as com port and device when your programmer is plugged in?
I'm curious.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
Anyone tried to compile the new 2.1 release? I get this error trying to compile it. 'avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30'
Tiger -

When I get that response, it is usually because of one of 3 reasons:
1) I have chosen the "Board" incorrectly in Arduino 1.0 (make sure you have chose the Atmega 328)
2) I have chosen the wrong COM Port in Arduino 1.0 (Make sure you are using the correct COM port)
3) My FTDI connector got cooked. (Feel the chip on your progtammer. Is it really hot? If so, you need a new one! -- Please note that this is quite unlikely -- I just cooked a couple because I was doing something wrong.)

Good luck!
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:32 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
562 Posts
I have loaded MWii 2.1 to my Crius SE.

I matched it up with
* Some SimonK-Flashed ESC's (OLD HK 30a Blue Series with P&N FETS) and
* Some ridiculously oversized motors (RC Tiger MT2814/10 -- 770KV)
* An X525 frame using 10x4.5 props.

It flies really smooth with stock PID's, but I'll need to work on the altitude hold PID's.

But first, I would like to enable a buzzer and battery monitoring.

The big question I have is: So, can I just hook up a 3S or 4S battery to pin A3?

The next question I have is: Where is a good place to learn what I would need to do in order to be able to enable some of the LED flashing scenarios? That is, I want the LED's to flash when battery gets low.

Lastly, I have this gps module. Can I connect it directly to either the serial port or directly to the i2c pads on this board to make it work?

If you don't know the answer to that last one, maybe just help with the first one!

Thanks!
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Hi!

I just got the MultiWii Crius SE v0.2, from this package:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/x525-v3-q...lticopter.html

It seems to be pre-loaded with MWC v.1.9.

#1 - Should I upgrade to 2.1 or just start with the pre-loaded version?

#2 - Are there any instructions for the board anywhere? How do I connect it to my Turnigy 9x receiver? What wire to put where...etc.

I'm pretty new to RC so I need some guidance

EDIT:

Ok, found some images in the guide in the first post.

- What does M1~M6 output mean? (Ahh, you connect the ESC's here?)

Also, the cables that came with the board, two of the three cables have 1 connector in one end and 3 in the other (one cable to each). Confusing?

If anyone could explain this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

EDIT2
Found an image:
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8-IMG_6918.jpg

Is that correct? He's only using two of the three cables?
Why connect one cable over Channel 1-3?
Linuus is offline Find More Posts by Linuus
Last edited by Linuus; Jul 25, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
hello
i'm french so sorry for my bad english
i hope you understand me

i bought this card
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=
with this gps http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname=
and this http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
esc is 10A gaui http://www.heliflightcenter.com/2100...s_p/210010.htm
with motor of gaui 330X
i have spektrum dx8

but i have a problem

i install the multiwii 2.1, with no problem
but when i whant to accelerate the quad rises very slowly and little jump don't have the power I had before with my card KK

i see my card have ITG3205 3-axis MEMS gyro and in multiwii i just can use ITG3200

have some pleople can help me?
i'm neewbee (
if some one could give me the config.h with gps or not please.

my email: lordgotham@gmail......com
thank you very very much
lordgotham is offline Find More Posts by lordgotham
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:30 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuus View Post
I just got the MultiWii Crius SE v0.2, from this package:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/x525-v3-q...lticopter.html

It seems to be pre-loaded with MWC v.1.9.

#1 - Should I upgrade to 2.1 or just start with the pre-loaded version?
Up to you, 1.9 works fine, 2.0 and 2.1 also work fine.

Quote:
- What does M1~M6 output mean? (Ahh, you connect the ESC's here?)
Yup.

Quote:
Also, the cables that came with the board, two of the three cables have 1 connector in one end and 3 in the other (one cable to each). Confusing?
Connect your throttle on the Rx to the throttle on the FC using a 3 > 3 lead. This provides throttle signal, as well as ground and +5V to the Rx from the FC.

The other pins on the Rx which you need to connect to the FC are Ail, Ele and Rud. These need to go to Roll, Pitch and Yaw. You can use just one single 3 > 3 lead, connected across the pins, rather than along them.

Quote:
Found an image:
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8-IMG_6918.jpg

Is that correct? He's only using two of the three cables?
Yes, that will work too.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
Yes, that will work too.
Almost The throttle is Ch3 and it is connected to Pitch in the photo. Scared me a bit when I started it

So, it should be like this with the stock Turnigy 9x FW:
Ch1 (Aileron, right stick left/right) -> Roll
Ch2 (Elevator, right stick up/down) -> Pitch
Ch3 (Throttle, left stick up/down) -> Throttle
Ch4 (Rudder, left stick right/left) -> Yaw

Sounds about right?
Linuus is offline Find More Posts by Linuus
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
That is correct, Linuus.