HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:06 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boykintom View Post
Are you absolutely sure that you have the right props on the right motors and that they right side up?
Thanks for the reply Boykin. Yes, I have the props and motors going the correct. direction.
I have included a capture of the gui.
MuddyWulf is offline Find More Posts by MuddyWulf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by menace69 View Post
What blades did you go with and what's your motor and esc combo?
Hobbywing skywalker 20A esc, 1000kv motor, with gws 9x5 three blade props. Just a little disclaimer about the props, I got eight props shipped in a bubblewrap envelope so some of the blades were bent. Their tracking is terrible, but I balanced them anyway and they seem to work so far.
needforspeed95 is offline Find More Posts by needforspeed95
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:27 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWulf View Post
Thanks for the reply Boykin. Yes, I have the props and motors going the correct. direction.
I have included a capture of the gui.
When you throttle up with the gui running, does the display for throttle go all the way up to ~1900?

Take the props off first, then do this with it armed, just for a second. What do the motor outputs show? Do they go all the way to the top?
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:29 AM
India, Telangana, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
First, you're going to need to upgrade to 2.0 (or 2.1). But that will only take a few minutes.

In order to use cheap seial gps modules (e.g. Ublox), you need a way to convert this signal to I2C. This is done with an arduino nano. Search or the Crius Nano board.

You'll be able to position hold and RTL. No waypoints with multiwii.
Thanks,
Can't I use a gps module that works over UART, without an arduino? For example this one? http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51...t_spi_i2c.html

or how can I do that with an arduino nano?

Thanks
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:44 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
I don't know about using a uart gps, a few people have mentioned it but I've never seen one implemented.

This is a good writeup on interfacing an i2c gps with the multiwii. You can use a number of different processors to proces the signal, this one uses an ATTINY4313.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...s+howto#p16661
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
When you throttle up with the gui running, does the display for throttle go all the way up to ~1900?

Take the props off first, then do this with it armed, just for a second. What do the motor outputs show? Do they go all the way to the top?
I gave it another try before work today. When connected to the gui, the throttle level was up to 2003. The individual motor values bounced up and down a little but stayed very close to 2000. I'm not sure what else to try but I'm guessing it is a minute issue that denies me the pleasure of flying. Willing to try other suggestions. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Just had a thought - you're not using a 2S battery, are you?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
India, Telangana, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
794 Posts
Thanks TS00
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:59 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_p View Post
Thanks TS00
You're welcome. I think it's worth going the i2c route, i2c is very simple and robust.

I'm playing around with an optical flow sensor at the moment, for low altitude position hold, as in this thread:

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...t=optical+flow

It's very neat.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Just had a thought - you're not using a 2S battery, are you?
No 3s 30c.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
No 3s 30c.
When you throttle up, do you think the motors are reaching their full rpm? Do they sound like they're doing a few thousand rpm?

My money is still on two of your props or motors sucking instead of blowing :-)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
620 Posts
The print or embossing should face up, on the props.
Phalanx-0 is online now Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
When you throttle up, do you think the motors are reaching their full rpm? Do they sound like they're doing a few thousand rpm?

My money is still on two of your props or motors sucking instead of blowing :-)
The motors turn in the correct direction. when on the ground and powered, the quad's movement is in agreement with my stick position. It just seems that there is more power to be gained through some other config I may have missed. It wants to hover but needs a bit more power. This is with the stick at full throttle. Maybe I will restart again. Any clue about the debug 1 on the gui I posted? Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
The motors turn in the correct direction. when on the ground and powered, the quad's movement is in agreement with my stick position. It just seems that there is more power to be gained through some other config I may have missed. It wants to hover but needs a bit more power. This is with the stick at full throttle. Maybe I will restart again. Any clue about the debug 1 on the gui I posted? Thanks.
There's definitely something fishy going on. There isn't anything else to adjust to squeeze out more power.

Tell you what, take a closeup photo of the top of the machine, getting all the props in shot. Make it as well focussed and high-res as you can. Maybe also do a second one looking down at a 45 degree angle.

Post the photos and I'll take a close look.

Debug1 - ignore that, it is just a number that the multiwii devs are outputting. The number's origin changes from release to release, as they add new features. It doesn't indicate an error.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
There's definitely something fishy going on. There isn't anything else to adjust to squeeze out more power.

Tell you what, take a closeup photo of the top of the machine, getting all the props in shot. Make it as well focussed and high-res as you can. Maybe also do a second one looking down at a 45 degree angle.

Post the photos and I'll take a close look.

Debug1 - ignore that, it is just a number that the multiwii devs are outputting. The number's origin changes from release to release, as they add new features. It doesn't indicate an error.
Thanks TS00. Will do when I get home.