Description: Just opened

Name: cap 2.png
Views: 134
Size: 90.7 KB
Description: Com Ports expanded

Name: cap 3.png
Views: 145
Size: 154.0 KB
Description: all system devices opened (All with ftdi hooked up, red and green lights on)

Sooo you can't post videos here, only in the video forum, well my cinematic debut must wait then, all it showed was the manager as I hooked up the board with no changes happening.
Gregco10 is offline Find More Posts by Gregco10
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
298 Posts
The above screenshots were with the ftdi attached, red and green lights lit.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
India, Telangana, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
794 Posts
Did you install the correct drivers?
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
@ Gregco see my post above.
There are drivers available in that link.

It appears iin one of your screen shots that you have 2 VCP.
That is what you are looking for.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
The Drones are Coming!!!
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
Hello All,

Can someone shed some light on the configuration for camera roll/tilt on a Y6.

As required by the code for a Y6, the pins used for the camera (A0 and A1) are now used for motor outputs, since I am not using a summing receiver...(in other words, I am using #define A0_A1_PIN_HEX in the code....)

If I #define CAMTRIG, does this automatically shift the pins to another location, and what would that be?

Can someone offer some help on the config changes in the code? Is this even possible if using a Y6 without a summing PPM Receiver?

Anyone??? No one has done this before?
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
298 Posts
Yes 2 com ports, but its the same wether the ftdi is connected or not, no indication of a new device. I have to be missing the big picture here, I apoligize for my ignorance. Am I wrong that every driver installation procedure that i've read about in the last few days, requires you to be able to see the actual device appear on the manager, i've tried to change the driver for a com port that I could see and windows doesn't let me do it. It says that the optimum driver is already installed. If there is a way to install the driver first then hook up the ftdi, would that work?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:50 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark29 View Post
Hi all,
im writing in search of help.
I recently build a multiwii quad, with the crius MWC SE board. Im using this combo from rc timer:
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Uploaded the V2.0 to the board, but cant make it work properly. The motors are not synchronized. When i start the motors, they all have the same speed, but when i increase the throttle, the rear left and front right motors starts normally, however, the speed of the rear right and front left only increase about half throttle stick.
I can write here my multiwii config.h. just help me with the best way to do it, and what info is the most important.
Spark, mine is doing the same. Except for it also wants to flip when I throttle up because of the unsynched motors.
I have:
Read Newbie guide several times and repeated steps. I have scoured pages of posts with everyone saying all different forms of witchery and hocus pocus used that finally got their Quad operational.
calibrated esc's separately
set ranges low=1000 mid=1500 hi-2000
calibrated mag
calibrated acc
AND!!!!! the thing wont stop beeping while it is connected via the USB.
I have noticed in the Multiwii gui that the pitch and roll seems out of whack. It is defined as QuadX in config.h. When i hold the quad in "+" the gui shows the pitch and roll act independently of each other. In "X" When the quad is pitched forward, the gui also shows "right roll". Pitch back the gui shows "left roll" I am so out done with this Crius board!!! I would really appreciate if I could get some help. This first Quad build is definitely discouraging.
MuddyWulf is offline Find More Posts by MuddyWulf
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
298 Posts
Just got my Castle Link in the mail for my Phoenix ICE 50 for my 450cp, plugged it in and it shows in the device manager under human interface device. So I tried again with the ftdi but not the same result. As far as I see and have read, it should behave similiarly.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:30 AM
Lisbon, Portugal
Joined Aug 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWulf View Post
Spark, mine is doing the same. Except for it also wants to flip when I throttle up because of the unsynched motors.
I have:
Read Newbie guide several times and repeated steps. I have scoured pages of posts with everyone saying all different forms of witchery and hocus pocus used that finally got their Quad operational.
calibrated esc's separately
set ranges low=1000 mid=1500 hi-2000
calibrated mag
calibrated acc
AND!!!!! the thing wont stop beeping while it is connected via the USB.
I have noticed in the Multiwii gui that the pitch and roll seems out of whack. It is defined as QuadX in config.h. When i hold the quad in "+" the gui shows the pitch and roll act independently of each other. In "X" When the quad is pitched forward, the gui also shows "right roll". Pitch back the gui shows "left roll" I am so out done with this Crius board!!! I would really appreciate if I could get some help. This first Quad build is definitely discouraging.
I add also read that article, but with any improvement in the multiwii behaviour.
Would anyone care to help us both?
Maybe someone whith a solved simillar problem?
Spark29 is offline Find More Posts by Spark29
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:50 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
@Spark & @MuddyWulf

The thing is guys, it's very difficult to troubleshoot this without looking at your setups.

Bear in mind that the code is well tested, and is known to work with no mods on the Crius Multiwii AIO. So any problems you're having are due to something connected wrong, or placed wrong.

Go back to basics. Check that your motors are connected to the right outputs, that they spin the right way, and that they have the right props. Check that your board is positioned on the frame pointing the right way. Calibrate the ESC range.

If you do all this, your machine will fly, I promise.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark29 View Post
I add also read that article, but with any improvement in the multiwii behaviour.
Would anyone care to help us both?
Maybe someone whith a solved simillar problem?

I would put money on motors not connected correctly
either spinning wrong direction and or wired in the wrong config.
not saying it is the problem, but I have wired more than my fair share of them incorrectly, and had many hours of aggravation.
Like i said, if I was a betting man, i would feel pretty comfortable with my odds.

definitely where I would start ( again ;-)
good luck
paul
dowlinger is offline Find More Posts by dowlinger
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
@Spark & @MuddyWulf

The thing is guys, it's very difficult to troubleshoot this without looking at your setups.

Bear in mind that the code is well tested, and is known to work with no mods on the Crius Multiwii AIO. So any problems you're having are due to something connected wrong, or placed wrong.

Go back to basics. Check that your motors are connected to the right outputs, that they spin the right way, and that they have the right props. Check that your board is positioned on the frame pointing the right way. Calibrate the ESC range.

If you do all this, your machine will fly, I promise.
Thanks TS00. I will give it another try. The frustration forced me to leave the quad alone for a couple of days but I am ready to begin again. Thanks.
MuddyWulf is offline Find More Posts by MuddyWulf
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWulf View Post
Thanks TS00. I will give it another try. The frustration forced me to leave the quad alone for a couple of days but I am ready to begin again. Thanks.
Good luck. If it doesn't work, post a full description of what happens.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10 View Post
Yes 2 com ports, but its the same wether the ftdi is connected or not, no indication of a new device. I have to be missing the big picture here, I apoligize for my ignorance. Am I wrong that every driver installation procedure that i've read about in the last few days, requires you to be able to see the actual device appear on the manager, i've tried to change the driver for a com port that I could see and windows doesn't let me do it. It says that the optimum driver is already installed. If there is a way to install the driver first then hook up the ftdi, would that work?
Yes. But first, what devices do you have the use a virtual com port?
Unless something is connected to the computer that VCP should not appear.
According tothe web site there may be older drivers that will need to be uninstalled. Again, consult the web site.
Go here
http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

In order to install a driver before plugging in a device open the folder where the driver exists find the whatever.inf file and right click - select install. It should install the drivers. Then plug in the device. Windows should jump through the usual hoops.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Jun 2012
298 Posts
Ok I Go to properties and have windows 7, 64 bit operating system, just to make sure, then to the recommended ftdi link, click drivers, then vcp drivers, then currently supported, then x64, then 2.08.24,open, extract, pick desktop, ok extract, see files on desktop now. Thinking its the ftdi port driver? right click and install and then I get: The inf. file you selected does not support this type of installation.