are rarely needed,
all pins.

JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Evening folks, As mentioned a few days ago, i've ordered a MWC MultiWii SE Standard Edition 4-axis FCB However as its a failr new board, and theres not many build threads (that ive seen) around, and as this is my first build, are there any wiring diagrams for said board, as when it all arrives im going to be like...ok what goes where......
Appologies for the noobish question,
Kind Regards
Gazzas_86 is offline Find More Posts by Gazzas_86
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:01 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Just check out the guide posted earlier in the topic. It's really not difficult at all. You'll figure it out in no time I'm sure.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Just check out the guide posted earlier in the topic. It's really not difficult at all. You'll figure it out in no time I'm sure.
thankyou sir
Gazzas_86 is offline Find More Posts by Gazzas_86
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:33 PM
30 RC's and counting
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2005
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Its nothing else then other boards. except sensors + uC are all on 1 board.

There is no magic pcb used or whatsoever
Thanks, just trying so see if this is direct competition for the DJI.
Bmr4life is offline Find More Posts by Bmr4life
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:56 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Geek View Post
just got mine today too. I bought mine from rc-hobby-part on e-bay and it came in hex6 config, I wanted hex6-x config so I tried re-flashing it and got the same issue with the mag as oddcopter. Facing north, It reads west, I did notice in the sensors tab it says you have thirty seconds to move the board in all directions but that didn't do anything either. Also tried re-cal in GUI, Turning the board in circles... Nothing. Is there a way to pull the original firmware off this thing using avrdude and the 6 pin ISP? since it doesn't seem this can be done with arduino sketch. Also oddcopter, The debug1 is your alt from your baro, Look at the ALT on the left side of the GUI and debug1, They read the same and change together accordingly. Just changing the config from hex6 to hex6-x and setting the sensors in config.h shouldn't render this thing useless, There's gotta be something I'm missing.
Gadget,

I haven't been able to mess with it for a few days, but if you figure out the MAG calibration problem, please post. I agree it would be VERY helpful to know what if any changes were made to the code loaded on the boards initially. Someone said it was plain vanilla, but it seems strange that we both have the same MAG problem.
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Gadget,

I haven't been able to mess with it for a few days, but if you figure out the MAG calibration problem, please post. I agree it would be VERY helpful to know what if any changes were made to the code loaded on the boards initially. Someone said it was plain vanilla, but it seems strange that we both have the same MAG problem.
computers have magnets in them yea? and generate magnetic interference? so if your close to a pc calibrating mag wonder what would happen?
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:44 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
My magnetic sensor was acting a bit weird too. The arrow moved from north to west to south smoothly but would then jump from south to northwest all of a sudden. I'm guessing it has something to do with my computer. I was sitting close to it and my speakers. The Mag calibration worked for me, and by worked I mean after I spun the board 360 on all three axis the LED flashed and the calibration stopped. But it still misbehaved a bit, I'm gonna test it again later away from the computer.

I honestly don't care that much about the Mag though, I don't know what I'd use it for. But I'll try to make it work later, I just received a new frame, motors and ESCs for a proper quad I intend to use a lot from now on.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:21 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Worked it out
Elevator down, throttle down and right, hold for 3 seconds and the LCD works
Maybe this should go in the Setup PDF
Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
it was.....see the stick guide at the end of the first section...
Then the picture in the manual is not correct, doesnt match with Bignose

erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:07 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
about the Compass IC, i think its position is not defined by us in de sketch..

When goodluck or volcano or forcehobby sends them out they are defined..

look at the following posts, regarding the MAG sensor defines in the sketch:

Read from this post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23058

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23067
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:53 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Well i dont know how you guys do it..

1. I turn on my quad, its disarmed
2. I pull back elevator and togheter yaw right. while throttle is down too.
3. Blue led starts to blink, and stay blue (like armed)
4. Then nothing comes on my lcd...
"Down" elevator is pushing the stick FORWARD

look at the stick card in the guide for positions...hold for 3 seconds like for arming....

okay now?
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:03 PM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
"Down" elevator is pushing the stick FORWARD

look at the stick card in the guide for positions...hold for 3 seconds like for arming....

okay now?
Aha

Well maybe talk in stick terms then, it will be more understandable

But............ Still not working..

I will make a video next sunday..
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:04 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Well, I've moved the Crius board to another frame. Should be able to test it real soon I hope.

Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_ View Post
MultiWii,
now also in Europe.

- > http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/22-flight-controller

Too expensive, goodluckbuy has free shipping worldwide. Thats where I bought the light version.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Well I think I fried mine!, I tried connecting it to my computer using a longer cable and it pushed one of the mini USB pins in on the FTDI board (I didn't notice) and now it wont recognise the board. I have two more on order, one quad-X and one hex-X, I will try to pull the .hex from the board using avrdude and the six pin ISP header. This is my first arduino board so I don't know what I should save the file as, binary?, hex?, Or what?. The way I figure is it's an Atmel chip so it should be able to be programmed with the ISP header or else why would it be there?. I don't know if arduino sketch will recognise a hex file though. I can rule out the computer being a calibration issue though. before trying the other cable, I tried calibrating it in different positions around my computer with the shorter cable and if the computer was the issue then I should have got mixed results but no matter where I calibrated it relative to my computer, North reads west. Besides, If electronics or processors are going to throw off the calibration then I guess I'll have to remove the ATMEGA328P from the board before calibrating it!!!.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek