SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazaar1984 View Post
I have problem with FDTI. GUI works perfectly. First time than board arrived i flashed v2.0 firmware. After that i whant to edit setings and reflesh compiled firmware i get:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. I tryed all settings but not lucky. PS. tryed to different FDTI cabels.

Maybe i can reflsh it by ISP port, but i dont know pinout of this port. Can somebody help me.
Happened the same thing to me! And I couldn't solve my problem... Hope someone has an answer!
crocus is offline Find More Posts by crocus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
I have 6 machines flying with multiwiis (quads, hex and tri), and I've never messed with filters. I just configure the code, load it, and tune. The default PIDs work well enough most of the time, but a bit of tweaking helps when the motors are more powerful or the machine is particularly light.

Can you post a video of the problem you're experiencing, and maybe a closeup shot of the frame & board?
I think I can consider the case solved ...
Holding the copter and giving some gas I noticed vibrations.
If I hold the frames arm the vibrations tend to go away.
I think the RCTIMER plastic frame I got is too flexible on the Z axis (vertical)
The arms are OK if pushed right or left, but if you challange them up & down you can bend them quite a lot (2 cm).

I will try to make the arms stiffer

Marcello

Do you see my explanation as pertinent ?

Postedit:

- Putting a simple steel wire below the arm makes the vibration much more sustainable. I did not made a fly test, but it looks much better.
it is some kind of tension rod to enhance arm stiffness and avoid vibrations.

Post Postedit:

Short flytest done -> looks really good !
That was it ... now I have to find a nice way to do the final modification.
Good night !
Marcellone is offline Find More Posts by Marcellone
Last edited by Marcellone; Jul 13, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
hello friends.
is possible to implement any gps?
Or just a few?
chebari is offline Find More Posts by chebari
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Happened the same thing to me! And I couldn't solve my problem... Hope someone has an answer!
Reflashed with USBASp and problem gone. I dont know if i can update over FDTI.
Bazaar1984 is online now Find More Posts by Bazaar1984
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Joined Jul 2007
205 Posts
If a bootloader is corrupt, FDTI won't work. In that case only SPI can help. Pins are (from the top):
left column -
1 (square) - MISO
2 - SCK
3 - RST
right column, same order
1 - Vcc
2 - MOSI
3 - GND

Chebari - there is a dedicated GPS with navi module for Crius.I2C connection.
Leszek_K is offline Find More Posts by Leszek_K
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
where can be found bootloader for crius se. but with isp i reflashed board and it works
Bazaar1984 is online now Find More Posts by Bazaar1984
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
I looked into code and shematics. D13 is connected to the status LED. I think you cannot use this pin for input unless you remove the LED
OK, thanks
little nellie is offline Find More Posts by little nellie
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
301 Posts
Well I figured out where com port 3 is, which is what it seems to want to use, unfortunately it is being shared with something else, and the error message is still there. If I do get that sorted exactly which driver needs to go in there. I can't see the one they suggest, the uno.inf, in the menu. They say its under drivers but not ftdi drivers. Any thoughts on this is appreciated Im kinda lost here.
Gregco10 is offline Find More Posts by Gregco10
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazaar1984 View Post
Reflashed with USBASp and problem gone. I dont know if i can update over FDTI.
How did you connect the USBASp to the board? Which pins?
crocus is offline Find More Posts by crocus
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jun 2012
301 Posts
I tried again with a computer with functioning com 3 and 4 ports. Connected the board with the device manager up, and an indicator of processor activity, and saw no activity, and nothing changing in the device manager. I'm starting to lean towards the board being defective, I've read of the communication software being screwed up in some boards. I know anything is possible but before I send it back to China (I know good luck with goodluckbuy) I'd appreciate any advise.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
The ftdi or a usbasp will both DING or make a windows noise when they are plugged in.
Windows device manager will show a device connected to a com port.
The board does not need to be connected. It is the FTDI that is the device using a com port.
You have to get the correct driver loaded for your FTDI.
Phalanx-0 is online now Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
The Drones are Coming!!!
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
501 Posts
Camera Stabilization on Y6

Hello All,

Can someone shed some light on the configuration for camera roll/tilt on a Y6.

As required by the code for a Y6, the pins used for the camera (A0 and A1) are now used for motor outputs, since I am not using a summing receiver...(in other words, I am using #define A0_A1_PIN_HEX in the code....)

If I #define CAMTRIG, does this automatically shift the pins to another location, and what would that be?

Can someone offer some help on the config changes in the code? Is this even possible if using a Y6 without a summing PPM Receiver?
cyborgcnc is online now Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
301 Posts
Thank you for responding Phalanx, I understand now and that makes sense, I also understand the driver is necessary for proper communication, but will it ding and show up if the driver is not installed? Will it recgonize it as just some random device attached that has no driver, or does it need a driver installed to be recgonized at all. Because right now there is no ding, and no recgonition on my computer and another computer with good functioning com ports. If there is supposed to be a ding with no driver installed then I send it back. The reason I ask is that I have to get a friend to help me get my driver issue sorted, there is an error and the multiwii 2.0 seems to want to use com 3, which is being used by something else, so there is a conflict. I am at a loss to solve those issues on my own, and I want to get to the business of sending this thing back if its faulty.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:28 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10 View Post
Thank you for responding Phalanx, I understand now and that makes sense, I also understand the driver is necessary for proper communication, but will it ding and show up if the driver is not installed? Will it recgonize it as just some random device attached that has no driver, or does it need a driver installed to be recgonized at all. Because right now there is no ding, and no recgonition on my computer and another computer with good functioning com ports. If there is supposed to be a ding with no driver installed then I send it back. The reason I ask is that I have to get a friend to help me get my driver issue sorted, there is an error and the multiwii 2.0 seems to want to use com 3, which is being used by something else, so there is a conflict. I am at a loss to solve those issues on my own, and I want to get to the business of sending this thing back if its faulty.
I think it's useful to separate the issues, the multiwii is one thing, the FTDI adaptor is another.

I'm not sure whether Windows would ding without a driver being installed. But it should tell you that a new device has been plugged in, and tell you that a driver needs to be installed. Does this happen? Try it with just the FTDI adaptor, put the multiwii away for now.

BTW, why do you think the multiwii wants to use com3? You can set which port it uses, that isn't a problem.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jun 2012
301 Posts
I will try again this afternoon with just the ftdi, maybe that will make a difference. But no, as I've been doing, there is no indication on either computer that there is a new device or any change, I've repeatedly opened every item in the devise manager to see a change happen, but nothing. Also it seems you can't update the drivers without that change, because if I just try to change the driver it insists windows has the optimum driver already installed.com 3 is what apperars on the 2.0, how do I change that if I have to? Thanks again to everyone, I havn't had to think this hard in a dogs age, its kinda refreshing and frustrating all at once.