SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Bradbury
Joined Dec 2007
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
You have to wait a few minutes for screen comes up! It is the same on my Win 7 64bit PC. It takes a long time from start up white screen to all contents comes up.

I would recommend to use EOSBandi's WinGUI. v1.04 works for MultiWii 1.9 and 2.0. It is faster to load, easier to use.

Satoru
Bingo...!!! Thankyou Satoru, you're a genius..! I tried WinGui 1.04 and it starts straight away, much easier and more intuitive to use than MWconfig 1.9 or 2.0, works nicely on Win7 x64 too... had my SE board and TX setup within ten minutes, just need to do al ittle PID trimming and all will be good.

Cheers,
Smithy.
knobby1 is offline Find More Posts by knobby1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Sep 2005
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
There's a contradiction in what you have said. First you said that when you give it throttle the motors start up, then you said that in the GUI the motors show no movement.

Are you saying the motors spin despite the GUI showing motor output at zero?
I did mis-speak, I didn't have a battery hooked up last time I had it on the GUI. I have been troubleshooting this too long now.

Redid all the ESC calibrations as well as rescrubbed the code, all looks good. Took it out to fly and I had power, but it was very notchy and laggy. Would be in a hover and then jump up or fall randomly. I put a new battery in and about 1/3 way through the pack it went to the same problem of no moving power in relation to throttle.

I'm starting to think I have ruined my ESCs. They are old Turnigys where the wires soldered to the electronics and not the board. To help save weight I soldered the motors straight to the electronics (mosfets I believe). I know I got a few boards hot and wonder if that did it. Thoughts?

I have 4 new Proton 10amps, but this thing is a pain to take apart with all the FPV gear on it!
Howemd is offline Find More Posts by Howemd
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:50 PM
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,044 Posts
Hi Smithy, good to hear it worked! Thanks.

Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
Bingo...!!! Thankyou Satoru, you're a genius..! I tried WinGui 1.04 and it starts straight away, much easier and more intuitive to use than MWconfig 1.9 or 2.0, works nicely on Win7 x64 too... had my SE board and TX setup within ten minutes, just need to do al ittle PID trimming and all will be good.

Cheers,
Smithy.
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:48 AM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
Do you have any sort of mixing on with your radio? What radio do you have?

Some radios have a screen where you can see the channels (like a bargraph) which will quickly let you know if any mixing is turned on..also, is your radio set to Airplane mode or helicopter mode? If you have such a choice, it is wise to program it for Airplane mode, and NOT heli...as you will also avoid many of the mixes...

Thanks for the tip, it was because of the heli mode, I switched to airplane and that let me do what I wanted to do
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
V1.0 vs V0.2

anyone know if there is any changes between V1.0 and V0.2 board other than re-layout?

thanks
little nellie is offline Find More Posts by little nellie
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:20 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
No changes to the circuit. The board is smaller, and has single header row on the left but otherwise the same.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Last edited by TS00; Jul 07, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Sp
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:27 PM
Lisbon, Portugal
Joined Jan 2010
90 Posts
guys, can get aux2 to work on my crius SE board. Can someone help me out?

Only aux1 is working connected to the "Mode" input. I tried D8 and D12 but no success...
HibridOPT is offline Find More Posts by HibridOPT
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:47 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibridOPT View Post
guys, can get aux2 to work on my crius SE board. Can someone help me out?

Only aux1 is working connected to the "Mode" input. I tried D8 and D12 but no success...
Have you enabled a pin for aux2 in config.h?
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
HELP. I have an x525 with the crius se board as my first multirotor. I uploaded version 2.0 code to my board and calibrated the accelerometers. I can hover at about 50% throttle, but whenever I increase the throttle, the back right motor always seems to lose power and I crash. I have changed the positions of the motors and esc's and I always get the same result - hover, then increase throttle, back right side drops, and crash. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please help.
needforspeed95 is offline Find More Posts by needforspeed95
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:50 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed95 View Post
HELP. I have an x525 with the crius se board as my first multirotor. I uploaded version 2.0 code to my board and calibrated the accelerometers. I can hover at about 50% throttle, but whenever I increase the throttle, the back right motor always seems to lose power and I crash. I have changed the positions of the motors and esc's and I always get the same result - hover, then increase throttle, back right side drops, and crash. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please help.
Check that the motors are connected to the correct outputs.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
Check that the motors are connected to the correct outputs.
The motors are connected properly, rotating the proper direction, and the correct direction propellors are on. It can hover which leads me to believe that the esc's and motors are working correctly and when I put working motors and esc's in the back right, it still drops and crashes whenever I increase the throttle.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2012
9 Posts
I need some help I have the x525 from glb and I had a th9x but i had issues with it sent it back got a new one had issues with that one sent it back and decided to get a dx6i. With the th9x i could get the motors to turn but now it just beeps when I hook it up to the multiwii conf it reads the signal from the radio. I can arm the motors the blue light comes on but it still just beeps. I looked up the troubleshooting on the esc manual it says that the throttle signal is irregular. Has anyone else had issues with the dx6i with the orangerx?
Etmonta is offline Find More Posts by Etmonta
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etmonta View Post
I need some help I have the x525 from glb and I had a th9x but i had issues with it sent it back got a new one had issues with that one sent it back and decided to get a dx6i. With the th9x i could get the motors to turn but now it just beeps when I hook it up to the multiwii conf it reads the signal from the radio. I can arm the motors the blue light comes on but it still just beeps. I looked up the troubleshooting on the esc manual it says that the throttle signal is irregular. Has anyone else had issues with the dx6i with the orangerx?
Are you sure that the signal is irregular? Because with the hobbywing esc's that come with the kit, irregular throttle and abnormal voltage should make similar beep sounds. When attached to a computer, the esc reads abnormal voltage due to the usb port supplying a small amount of power. If it is an irregular signal, I don't think it would be the rx because the control board gives the signal to the esc's, not the rx. I'm not positive on this since I too am a beginner, but I hope I may have helped.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:43 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed95 View Post
The motors are connected properly, rotating the proper direction, and the correct direction propellors are on. It can hover which leads me to believe that the esc's and motors are working correctly and when I put working motors and esc's in the back right, it still drops and crashes whenever I increase the throttle.
What motors, ESCs and battery do you have on it?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Hi!
I'm still very happy with my Crius Lite Copter. You Saw the maidenflight earlier in this thread, now it's time to show the build and some new footage i took with that baby

I still fly with 1.9 but i changed from stable to heading hold after i got hooked to making loopings in FPV and while filming.

enjoy the vids and keep it flying

Quadcopter Timelapse (5 min 53 sec)

One Minute One Spot One Copter One Basti (1 min 13 sec)

Happy Amps!
Rob
Rober-t is offline Find More Posts by Rober-t