HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Steenbergen
Joined Feb 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie054 View Post
Did you try to rewrite the code?
im using the SE board with 2.0.. No problems.. Still figuring out the ideal pid settings, but almost perfect..
This is what i did.
Removed all the (old??) software from my computer and down loaded "arduino-1.0-windows" and "MultiWii_2_0" (both zip-files)
Unzipped the bunch in a new folder and started up the arduino 1.0
First loaded the EEprom clear.pde and saw the blue led bruning constantly, so OK.
Then loaded "multiwii_2_0.pde" into the arduino and activated the #define CRIUS_SE
Uploaded this to my Crius SE board and saw that the blue led keeps blinking
Closed the arduino 1.0 and opend the "MultiWiiConf_2_0" GUI.
Callibrated the ACC and clicked "write".
The blue led blinked several seconds fast and than stopped.
(when i calibrate the mag it points to S-E in the middle and not to the north)
And when i wait for a few seconds it wobbles around like crasy

So.........what on earth am i doing wrong

BTW I flew tonight on the 1.9 and the quad was not stable at all. It almost crashed a few times.
I don't trust the board at this moment, so i will wait for responce.
Polleke is offline Find More Posts by Polleke
Last edited by Polleke; May 23, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
The Netherlands, NB, Tilburg
Joined May 2011
33 Posts
http://polakiumengineering.org/?p=960

point nr. 15..

15 ) Calibrate the magnetometer by rotating the board 360 degrees along each axis, you will have 30 seconds to do so as indicated by the flashing blue light on the board.
lennie054 is offline Find More Posts by lennie054
Old May 24, 2012, 03:14 PM
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Steenbergen
Joined Feb 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie054 View Post
http://polakiumengineering.org/?p=960

point nr. 15..

15 ) Calibrate the magnetometer by rotating the board 360 degrees along each axis, you will have 30 seconds to do so as indicated by the flashing blue light on the board.
Thanks a lot Lennie054.This is a great link you gave.
I am gonna try this in a few days.
Leaving for a long weekend so I'll be back in a couple of days to let you know.
Polleke is offline Find More Posts by Polleke
Old May 24, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Nov 2008
118 Posts
Hi everyone, been reading these forums for a while and with the help of so many of your posts i've finally gotten my MWC with F330 frame (non DJI motor / escs) to fly like a knife through butter. However when i was playing around with the barometer today it hit the grass hard trying to keep altitude, whilst level luckily, and the board somehow completely messed up all PID settings. I (believe i normally) fly 2.6 / 30 / 14 but when i checked everything in MWConfig (2.0) the settings had changed to 6.6 / 0 / 100! Has anyone ever seen the same happen or was this just a weird fluke?!
giek2000 is offline Find More Posts by giek2000
Old May 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, The Hague
Joined Mar 2012
182 Posts
MultiWii2_0_alexmos_r23

Hi all .. im using Crius MultiWii SE board buy from GLB and I flash with MultiWii2_0_alexmos_r23
so far so good .. only the yaw some drifting (wind?)

code from here : http://code.google.com/p/multiwii-al...3.zip&can=2&q=

and I already try to make couple FPV video with 808#18 mount directly on the frame and the result ..

FPV X525 V3 MultiWii (Sunday Flying) (9 min 22 sec)

FPV X525 V3 MWC (Crew Preparing For Video Clip) (5 min 14 sec)

cheers

Indra
indra9110 is offline Find More Posts by indra9110
Last edited by indra9110; May 27, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
So I'm once again using this board and I put it on the following:
Hobbyking X550 frame. <- For 20 bucks you can not go wrong with this one. Foldable, super stiff center plates, and my build is surprisingly neat and tidy for once! Just maidened it and it flies, now I just need to tune it and all that.

Turnigy SK3 2826 1240kv
Blueseries 20A ESCs
9" CF reinforced Gemfan props
FrSky 8ch receiver
Zippy Compact 2200mah 25C 3S Lipo

WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old May 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
570 Posts
Weird Behavior on Quad X with 2.0

Uploaded the 2.0 firmware from the standard GLB 1.9 that came on the board. Just used Arduino 1.0 and flashed it. Configured to proven PID settings (from TimeCop) and tried on 3s and 4s. On 3S & 4S it has a very jumpy throttle response and jumpy hover. Didn't uncomment anything else then other than Crius SE & Quad X in config file. Did I miss something? 450 frame, turnigy plush 25, rctimer 2830-14. Should be a proven setup. Calibrated esc & acc. Tried to flash back to 1.9 (code in post 323 of this thread) and acted the same way. Swapped out to a un-flashed GLB board and it work great (same PID settings), strong throttle and stable hover. What's up with that? Is there a problem with 2.0 and the Crius SE? Can someone point to the exact code that the GLB boards come origionally flashed to? If there is a problem with 2.0, I would like to flash my other board back to the original GLB 1.9. My buddy is having the same issues on his quad. We can't be the only ones. PLEASE HELP.
Sympster is offline Find More Posts by Sympster
Old May 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, KY, South Shore
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
So I'm once again using this board and I put it on the following:
Hobbyking X550 frame. <- For 20 bucks you can not go wrong with this one. Foldable, super stiff center plates, and my build is surprisingly neat and tidy for once! Just maidened it and it flies, now I just need to tune it and all that.

Turnigy SK3 2826 1240kv
Blueseries 20A ESCs
9" CF reinforced Gemfan props
FrSky 8ch receiver
Zippy Compact 2200mah 25C 3S Lipo

Why not go with the better Battery of higher C rating like 3000mah 40c ? I find they last longer since they have to power 4 motors and the cheaper 25c get a little warmer running multirotors.
I like your setup btw!
jtechian is offline Find More Posts by jtechian
Old May 26, 2012, 01:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtechian View Post
Why not go with the better Battery of higher C rating like 3000mah 40c ? I find they last longer since they have to power 4 motors and the cheaper 25c get a little warmer running multirotors.
I like your setup btw!
I agree, a 2200mA 25C is not good enough for those motors, they can pull 16A each.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old May 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
I'm sure it'll work, it should give just enough for these. I do have a few other batteries with a slightly higher C rating. (30 I believe. Zippy Flightmax 2450mah. 2,45 * 30 = 73,5) And a Nanotech I could put on it if I wanted to. I just used this for the maiden voyage. It's a real shame these won't do 4S since I have some 2200mah 4S 40C Lipos too!

I suppose it would be a good idea to get a few Nanotechs too later on, but I really like this line of batteries because of the size and weight.
Old May 26, 2012, 04:23 AM
United States, KY, South Shore
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I'm sure it'll work, it should give just enough for these. I do have a few other batteries with a slightly higher C rating. (30 I believe. Zippy Flightmax 2450mah. 2,45 * 30 = 73,5) And a Nanotech I could put on it if I wanted to. I just used this for the maiden voyage. It's a real shame these won't do 4S since I have some 2200mah 4S 40C Lipos too!

I suppose it would be a good idea to get a few Nanotechs too later on, but I really like this line of batteries because of the size and weight.
About how long of flight do you get with that battery?
jtechian is offline Find More Posts by jtechian
Old May 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Don't know, I've only maidened it. I just hovered outside for a bit, it was 10:30pm and it was too dark to do anything else and I will not do any aggressive flying over concrete or pavements. I'm taking it to the football field nearby later today to do some tests. I can already tell the default PIDs won't work for anything but hovering and flying around very slowly.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Alrighty, just tested it and man, I am so happy with this build! It looks great and performs great. And I get ZERO jello when using my HoryzonHD cam! Woohoo!

However, you were right, the lipos sag a bit when you go full throttle. This makes the lipo alarm go off early. I'm gonna test the 4000mah Nanotech lipo on it later, I have a feeling the quad will feel somewhat sluggish but it should be able to handle the load better. (35C, 70C burst)

Oh yeah, flight times.. Cruising around slowly, eh, 7 mins or so. Which is not enough, a couple of 3000mah 40C batteries would be great to have right now!
Old May 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster View Post
Uploaded the 2.0 firmware from the standard GLB 1.9 that came on the board. Just used Arduino 1.0 and flashed it. Configured to proven PID settings (from TimeCop) and tried on 3s and 4s. On 3S & 4S it has a very jumpy throttle response and jumpy hover. Didn't uncomment anything else then other than Crius SE & Quad X in config file. Did I miss something? 450 frame, turnigy plush 25, rctimer 2830-14. Should be a proven setup. Calibrated esc & acc. Tried to flash back to 1.9 (code in post 323 of this thread) and acted the same way. Swapped out to a un-flashed GLB board and it work great (same PID settings), strong throttle and stable hover. What's up with that? Is there a problem with 2.0 and the Crius SE? Can someone point to the exact code that the GLB boards come origionally flashed to? If there is a problem with 2.0, I would like to flash my other board back to the original GLB 1.9. My buddy is having the same issues on his quad. We can't be the only ones. PLEASE HELP.
I also flashed mine with 2.0 and noticed the throttle is more sensitive. It also has a bit of a 'twitchy hover' now. I am using the same roll and pitch PID values I used with 1.9 (3.8,.0030,15). What are the proven PID settings from TimeCop?
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old May 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Much to my surprise, the quad does just fine with 4000mah strapped to its belly. Very acrobatic, nimble and easy to fly.

About the 'arm switch' thing... I believe I jinxed myself earlier today by saing "Oh I've never accidentally hit a switch hurrdurr", because something pretty bad happened after the flight. Nearly lost the quad and my face because of a cock-up of epic proportions and because I had NOT SET UP THE FAILSAFE. DOH! Video coming up soon...