HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
The Evo 9 is very old, that's why. Frequency hopping on 2.4GHz is generally considered superior, but it shouldn't matter as long as the receive puts out the correct servo compatible signals for the flight controller.
I use an Evo 9 with FrSky Tx module. Doesnt matter how old it is, it is still a bad ass Tx. However, if I were to buy a new one of "name" brand it would be an Aurora 9. Otherwise a FlySky/Turnigy/Eurgle 9X with ER9X firmware is very useable. however, the Evo's are every bit as programmable as the 9X with custom FW, minus a few rarely used features. I will never buy another Tx unless this one completely dies for some reason.

Also, has anybody had trouble getting CPPM to work on the Crius SE with MW2.0? I cannot get it to work with my FrSky D4R-II

I have also had slow throttle response with 2.0. I honestly think it has something to do with the baro interacting even when it shouldnt be. It feels just as described above, like you are using a low C battery.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
yokoyoko
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
no success so far Looks like the same board as well. What board did you set it to, under tools?

In the manual it says I need to join PIO11 pin to 3.3V. right that pin is soldered to the board ... how do I go about putting it in high mode?
I didnt touch hardware circuit on the module.
I only set up Baudrate to 9600(default BTmodule speed) for Term software.
Then checked not pairing. AND Send AT command.

In your case:
satoru san gave detail an example for entering to ATmode
Will you follow satoru san and try to connect PIO11pin and 3.3v by resister(example 10kohm)
It's posible to be in High mode for PIO11.

good luck
yokoyoko is offline Find More Posts by yokoyoko
Old May 21, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2006
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
I use an Evo 9 with FrSky Tx module. Doesnt matter how old it is, it is still a bad ass Tx. However, if I were to buy a new one of "name" brand it would be an Aurora 9. Otherwise a FlySky/Turnigy/Eurgle 9X with ER9X firmware is very useable. however, the Evo's are every bit as programmable as the 9X with custom FW, minus a few rarely used features. I will never buy another Tx unless this one completely dies for some reason.

Also, has anybody had trouble getting CPPM to work on the Crius SE with MW2.0? I cannot get it to work with my FrSky D4R-II

I have also had slow throttle response with 2.0. I honestly think it has something to do with the baro interacting even when it shouldnt be. It feels just as described above, like you are using a low C battery.
+1 Using Royal Evo as well. It is a bad ass TX.
memini is offline Find More Posts by memini
Old May 21, 2012, 12:13 PM
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Joined Nov 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
Thats the wrong module. I have been unable to get any of the master/slave switchable ones to work correctly.

You want THIS one.
Attention whakahere -

I agree with this advice. If you can't get your bluetooth module to respond by putting PIO11 high , get the module KKUSA linked to. You don't need to fool around with any extra pins to get it talking and it's cheaper than the one you bought.
Robjames is offline Find More Posts by Robjames
Old May 21, 2012, 03:01 PM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
594 Posts
today was my first multiwii experience, and i just can say one thing, woow

that fc is amazing, i set every pid tuning right, it flies beautifuly, the heading hold mode, level mode are working properly, i just have to figure out the barometer

i have 2 questions, how can i set my aux 2 channel work with my fc, i made every connection right, and my channel is working, but i don't see the switch movement on the gui, do need to change something on the sketch??

and is there a link that shows a way to update my fc to the multiwii 2.0 version?
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old May 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
I read the discussion from the beginning again. Let me double check you succeeded #1 and failing at #2 below.

1, Confirm you can communicate through this Bluetooth adapter at default baud.

Here is a step I did. I used Blueterm on Android phone.

[PC terminal program] - [USB TTL Serial adapter] - [Bluetooth adapter] ~~ Blueterm on Android.
(You can download Blueterm at Google Play/Android market)

I remember default baud between PC and BT adapter was 38400bps in my case.
I set terminal program on the PC (Arduino serial communication or anything) to 38400bps.
After the Bluetooth adapter is powered, I set Android recognize the adapter as Bluetooth device and started Blueterm, chose the adapter to communicate.

I tried different baud setting until I can communicate through this configuration. Once succeed, I can see what I type on the other side.

Satoru
This is where I am having problems. I can't connect it to my phone at all.

I connect it up. I've tried all baud rates and then scanning with my phone and I get nothing. It even says it is connected on my laptop (macbookpro). I tried also on my PC with putty and with the BTconfig that can be found on openpilot. Nothing worked. I put a 10k resistor on pin 34 and 12 and tried the same method and still nothing.

I am at a complete loss with this.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old May 21, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
This is where I am having problems. I can't connect it to my phone at all.

I connect it up. I've tried all baud rates and then scanning with my phone and I get nothing. It even says it is connected on my laptop (macbookpro). I tried also on my PC with putty and with the BTconfig that can be found on openpilot. Nothing worked. I put a 10k resistor on pin 34 and 12 and tried the same method and still nothing.

I am at a complete loss with this.
We have already told you what the problem is. THAT MODULE WILL NOT WORK!!! The FW they use on that board was never intended to be used as a simple UART to BT, but they are putting it on those breakouts like fools. It requires much more involved set up, and you will be lucky to get it working in slave mode if you get far enough to even communicate with it at all. There simply isnt enough data available to get them working. I think the factory screwed up on a lot of these and shipped wrong FW versions.

@deno6031
There is a line in the config.h that you need to un-comment to get the AUX2 working.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old May 22, 2012, 01:40 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Quote:
We have already told you what the problem is. THAT MODULE WILL NOT WORK!!! The FW they use on that board was never intended to be used as a simple UART to BT, but they are putting it on those breakouts like fools. It requires much more involved set up, and you will be lucky to get it working in slave mode if you get far enough to even communicate with it at all. There simply isnt enough data available to get them working. I think the factory screwed up on a lot of these and shipped wrong FW versions.
cheers mate. I asked in this thread when I was looking for a BT module and was told it would work. Had to try. I brought another one and I hope it is sent soon.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old May 22, 2012, 02:04 AM
Spain, PV, San Sebastian
Joined May 2012
107 Posts
Thanks a lot patrick99!!!!!!

I'm total newbie and I need I looking for all the basic information to learn about Crius Multiwii SE, any step by steb tutorial.... (and to configure flysky 9x )

Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick99 View Post
Hi guys,

It's the 1st time I'm writing here but I almost red all your posts as well as other forums.

I recently bought one MWC Crius SE board, I am not flying it yet but I already love this board.

I felt that there is no explicit document about it except the very helpful Newbies Guide from ATXHELI,
therefore I thought I may bring my small contribution here and I made a pdf datasheet like document for the SE version.

Please feel free to comment if you find any errors or if you believe additional informations may be included in it.

Hope it would help...

Patrick

nuki is offline Find More Posts by nuki
Old May 22, 2012, 02:07 AM
Spain, PV, San Sebastian
Joined May 2012
107 Posts
Someone should collect all information about Crius Multiwii SE in one post. Any volunteers?

Please, please
nuki is offline Find More Posts by nuki
Old May 22, 2012, 02:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuki View Post
Someone should collect all information about Crius Multiwii SE in one post. Any volunteers?

Please, please
What do you mean one post? All the info you need is in this thread.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old May 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Steenbergen
Joined Feb 2011
61 Posts
Crius SE 0.2 will not load Multiwii 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
What do you mean one post? All the info you need is in this thread.
Gues not everthing is in this thread
Still looking for a way to make the Cruis board properly working on MultiWii 2.0.
Loading the 2.0 gives me the following results
In the GUI ,on 2 motors rpm are going wild from 1250- 1450 rpm.
And when I try to power up for flight only the blue led jumps on (is good) and goes off when I power off with my TX (also good).
BUT...........motors won't rotate.

BTW 1.9 gives me no trubble
Polleke is offline Find More Posts by Polleke
Last edited by Polleke; May 22, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
I have an other weird issue...
I hope that someone can help me with this.

I have just uploaded the v2.0 software to my Crius, connected the TX and started the GUI.
But when I move my sticks, only my roll and trottle react.
The other two, pitch and yaw, do not move.

I tried using the trottle channel on the yaw and pitch, but still no movement.
What am I doing wrong?

I am using a Spektrum DX6i as a transmitter on DSM2 thingy
Bertsjuhn is offline Find More Posts by Bertsjuhn
Last edited by Bertsjuhn; May 22, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2004
4 Posts
Crius MultiWii SE Datasheet updated

Hi all,

Here a new datasheet update (V1.1), more informations and better drawings !

Please feel free to comment for errors or mods.

Thank you.
patrick99 is offline Find More Posts by patrick99
Old May 22, 2012, 03:00 PM
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Steenbergen
Joined Feb 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick99 View Post
Hi all,

Here a new datasheet update (V1.1), more informations and better drawings !

Please feel free to comment for errors or mods.

Thank you.
Very nice document, but still.
In your PFD you say: "Compatible with MultiWii 2.0 flight controller firmware."
Sorry to say, but I can't find anything on (problems with) reflashing the Crius SE with MultiWii 2.0 and I have them...... a lot.
Also the link is not working: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sowha...mentid=4807249
Polleke is offline Find More Posts by Polleke
Last edited by Polleke; May 22, 2012 at 03:07 PM.