SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Guys need your help please.. I finally got the FTDI borad to talk to the MultiWii board, it turned out to be a broken pin inside the plastic housing on the FTDI, a mate fixed it for me and now works.. Now trouble is I tried to trim my mottors in the GUI and now I have both my front L+R motors are at 1150 rear left at 1850 and rear right at 1420.. Have watched youtube vids and read various posts on how to trim the motors but Im still a little lost on what I did and how I did it...can anyone help me please. Im mode 1 using DX8.
bigfella65 is offline Find More Posts by bigfella65
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined May 2010
335 Posts
do we power up our board while FTDI is connected?
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old May 10, 2012, 04:51 AM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
I dont think you need to, I didnt.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Dec 2010
254 Posts
MultiwiiCopter - HowTo Trim the Accelerometer (3 min 29 sec)

I think this is the video, but it sucks. Not very specific. He has one motor out of trim and doesn't really describe why holding the stick to the right adjusts only the front right motor. What if the front right and rear left motors are out of trim? Anyone able to explain in more detail?

Are the motors/esc's connected?
Is just the usb powering the board or does he also have the battery pluged in?

Edit: I just flew it for the first time and it flies pretty good using the suggested initial PID values. Did not try auto level or altitude hold yet until I figure out the above video.
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Last edited by leithalweapon; May 10, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithalweapon View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knagzCgXGEg

I think this is the video, but it sucks. Not very specific. He has one motor out of trim and doesn't really describe why holding the stick to the right adjusts only the front right motor. What if the front right and rear left motors are out of trim? Anyone able to explain in more detail?

Edit: I just flew it for the first time and it flies pretty good using the suggested initial PID values. Did not try auto level or altitude hold yet until I figure out the above video.
Thanks mate, thats was one of the vids I watched and yes he was a little vague on what he was doing. A good detailed video is what some of us need to get our head around it.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Dec 2010
254 Posts
I got it figured out today. The USB powers everything so don't plug in the battery. It looks like the method in the video will get it close to trim, but it needs to be flown and trimmed (like described in the link in the Newbie Guide)
http://www.multiwii.com/faq#How_to_t...n_1.7_and_more
Old May 11, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined May 2010
335 Posts
can i use multiwii 2.0 & arduino 1.0 on a v1.9 board?
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old May 11, 2012, 03:38 AM
Filipino Expat in Saudi
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Apr 2004
590 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knagzCgXGEg

Wrong! if you see motor output values that are way off with each other, that means you did NOT set up your TX endpoints and center properly.
you should observe what the GUI tells you. at LOW stick you GUI value should read 1000, Center stick 1500, HI stick 2000. If it is not then you have to go to you TX use trims to adjust center values and use EPA / ATV to adjust the end points.

P.S. Altough this guys video is the correct way to trim ACC, it is NOT the correct way to make the motor outputs equal while the quad is stationary. and if you'd notice this guys low and high end points are not at 1000 and 2000 that is why he has problems of motor outputs not being near eqaul.

ACC triming is done after you have flown the quad and trim it in gyro mode. Once the quad is trimmed well in gyro mode, activate stable mode and see where the quad drifts and thats where you have to use ACC trim.
blimppilot@ph is offline Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old May 11, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Dec 2011
31 Posts
Pins yaw on crius daon't works properly !

Hello,

The yaw connectors CRIUS SE board no longer works (I tested the receiver rx-axis yaw and it works correctly).
I cons by two auxiliary connector that works properly. I wish I therefore reassign the port of yaw by connecting the RX yaw on the auxiliary 2 (I count the reverse AUX2 and yaw in the code.).

I saw in the file rx.pde these lines:

#if defined(SERIAL_SUM_PPM)
static uint8_t rcChannel[8] = {SERIAL_SUM_PPM};
#elif defined(SBUS)
// for 16 + 2 Channels SBUS. The 10 extra channels 8->17 are not used by MultiWii, but it should be easy to integrate them.
static uint8_t rcChannel[18] = {PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,1 0,11,12,13,14,15,16,17};
static uint16_t sbusIndex=0;
#else
static uint8_t rcChannel[8] = {ROLLPIN, PITCHPIN, YAWPIN, THROTTLEPIN, AUX1PIN,AUX2PIN,AUX3PIN,AUX4PIN};
#endif

I do not know how to recognize what condition is applied:

SERIAL_SUM_PPM or SBUS or last condition ?

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Nico38.
NICO38 is offline Find More Posts by NICO38
Old May 11, 2012, 06:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
31 Posts
YYesss

Ok, I 'am in last case (this the config by default).

I try when I am going to my house to change in rx.pde this

static uint8_t rcChannel[8] = {ROLLPIN, PITCHPIN, YAWPIN, THROTTLEPIN, AUX1PIN,AUX2PIN,AUX3PIN,AUX4PIN};

By this :

static uint8_t rcChannel[8] = {ROLLPIN, PITCHPIN, AUX3PIN, THROTTLEPIN, AUX1PIN,AUX2PIN,YAWPIN,AUX4PIN};

And connect rx yaw on AUX3PIN.

Maybe that can be ok.
NICO38 is offline Find More Posts by NICO38
Old May 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Dec 2010
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimppilot@ph View Post
Wrong! if you see motor output values that are way off with each other, that means you did NOT set up your TX endpoints and center properly.
you should observe what the GUI tells you. at LOW stick you GUI value should read 1000, Center stick 1500, HI stick 2000. If it is not then you have to go to you TX use trims to adjust center values and use EPA / ATV to adjust the end points.

P.S. Altough this guys video is the correct way to trim ACC, it is NOT the correct way to make the motor outputs equal while the quad is stationary. and if you'd notice this guys low and high end points are not at 1000 and 2000 that is why he has problems of motor outputs not being near eqaul.

ACC triming is done after you have flown the quad and trim it in gyro mode. Once the quad is trimmed well in gyro mode, activate stable mode and see where the quad drifts and thats where you have to use ACC trim.
It's all in this link, but thanks for your input.
http://www.multiwii.com/faq#How_to_t...n_1.7_and_more
Old May 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
can i use multiwii 2.0 & arduino 1.0 on a v1.9 board?
My board has 1.9 and I am wondering what needs to be done to update it to 2.0.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Quote:
My board has 1.9 and I am wondering what needs to be done to update it to 2.0.
read the guide in the 1st post
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old May 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Guys can you tell me if the motors are suppose to spin at arm. Its no where near enough for take off just a slow spin. I have calibrated each motor by esc and no matter what I try I cant get the motors to stop spinning at arm.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65 View Post
Guys can you tell me if the motors are suppose to spin at arm. Its no where near enough for take off just a slow spin. I have calibrated each motor by esc and no matter what I try I cant get the motors to stop spinning at arm.
That is normal Wii operation.

It can be changed in the Arduino sketch, look for "motor stop".
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland