HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:36 AM
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,042 Posts
I do not have confident idea. I searched and found a person who reports similar symptom with Turnigy Trust here. , but he is not reporting the issue is solve or not. I did not see anybody successfully using Turnigy Trust with MWC.

1, What does 'the esc's beeps continusly ' mean on Turnigy Trust ESC? Check ESC manual to find what it means. Is it really a warning throttle is not set minimum when power is connected?
2, Can you check GUI what value Crius Lite is sending to ESC? Is it really 900 after you changed the code? (Sorry to ask, I am not sure your experience level.)
3, What version of MultiWii do you write?

Satoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishninsky View Post
thx, but
i tried, it didn't help
any other ideas?
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm a complete beginner to multiwii ('noob' like you say^^), I bought a CRIUS lite, but I soldered a BMP085 from drotek on it.

I have some difficulties with the connections, even with the connection diagrams we can found on other topics.

I got :
Spider style x450 frame (goodluckbuy) (est. total (ready to fly) weight 2kg)
4*D3530/14 turnigy 1100Kv running on a 11.1v batt
4*Turnigy plush 30A red linear BEC
CRIUS LITE 2.0 rev april 14 (I added the define QUADX and the bmp085 in the config.h)
Walker devention 7 receiver/tx 7ch, 2.4 ghz
turnigy Nano tech 3s 4000 mAH (I got a 4s nano 3000mah too in case it needs more juice )

I would like to know please :
-> if I have to connect the 4 ESC to the battery in parallel (for me it's obvious but who knows ? I don't want to burn something ^^') ?
-> How do I supply power to the walkera receiver and the CRIUS AIO (I use the esc (with a linear BEC ) but how do i connect them to the board, I have to plug the 4 of them, with one plugged to both the crius and the RX ?
-> how do I plug the receiver to the crius board because there's a 3 in 1 servo cable that's tormenting me even if i saw the diagrams ^^ ?

If someone could upload a picture of the different connections made, it would be really helpful, It's for (quite) an important university project, in france you have to present (next year for me) a project that is mandatory for integrating a 3 year engineer school (yup it's how it works here...) I'm familiar with PID, gain, ESC refresh rate, sensors, logic systems, brushless motors, liPOs, resistance of materials but I'm not familiar at all with some elements included in quadcopters^^, and between studies/theory and reality there's always a big difference and new difficulties-...

a big Thank you

(I usually speak a lot french so excuse me if there are some mistakes^^)
wickette is offline Find More Posts by wickette
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickette View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm a complete beginner to multiwii ('noob' like you say^^), I bought a CRIUS lite, but I soldered a BMP085 from drotek on it.

I have some difficulties with the connections, even with the connection diagrams we can found on other topics.

I got :
Spider style x450 frame (goodluckbuy) (est. total (ready to fly) weight 2kg)
4*D3530/14 turnigy 1100Kv running on a 11.1v batt
4*Turnigy plush 30A red linear BEC
CRIUS LITE 2.0 rev april 14 (I added the define QUADX and the bmp085 in the config.h)
Walker devention 7 receiver/tx 7ch, 2.4 ghz
turnigy Nano tech 3s 4000 mAH (I got a 4s nano 3000mah too in case it needs more juice )

-> if I have to connect the 4 ESC to the battery in parallel (for me it's obvious but who knows ? I don't want to burn something ^^') ?
-> How do I supply power to the walkera receiver and the CRIUS AIO (I use the esc (with a linear BEC ) but how do i connect them to the board, I have to plug the 4 of them, with one plugged to both the crius and the RX ?
-> how do I plug the receiver to the crius board because there's a 3 in 1 servo cable that's tormenting me even if i saw the diagrams ^^ ?

If someone could upload a picture of the different connections made, it would be really helpful, It's for (quite) an important university project, in france you have to present (next year for me) a project that is mandatory for integrating a 3 year engineer school (yup it's how it works here...) I'm familiar with PID, gain, ESC refresh rate, sensors, logic systems, brushless motors, liPOs, resistance of materials but I'm not familiar at all with some elements included in quadcopters^^, and between studies/theory and reality there's always a big difference and new difficulties-...

a big Thank you

(I usually speak a lot french so excuse me if there are some mistakes^^)
Please read the newuser guide on page one of this thread.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:20 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronalex View Post
to adjust the PID of the barometer, how does it work? I have these in pid 2.0 multiwii

ALT P: 1.6 I: 0,015 D: 7

VEL why is P: 0: 0,000 D: 0 you can change?
As I board the crius if I wanted to understand how to improve the function cheater

the parameter P(alt-vel): how does it work?
the parameter I(alt-vel): how does it work?
the parameter D(alt-vel): how does it work?
VEL has no effect in 2.0
P/I/D is the same as in the other loops...the alt error is multiplied by P, the cumulative error is multiplied by I, and D is the gain of the derivative term (how fast the error is decreasing/increasing)...as to exact manifestations of increasing each term, I have asked in the coding forum and gotten no response from anyone...but I did increase the P term to 3 and seemed to get better hold...its still about 5-6feet overall, but works well when cruising around...and it does help on transistions....ie normally when you move from hover to FF flight you have to jockey the throttle quite a bit, since translational lift in FF reduces the amount of power required....so when coming to a screeching halt from crusining around at low atlitude, I have to feed quite a bit of throttle to keep from grounding...the alt hold seems to greatly diminish the need to change throttle...

I am using 2.0 on a heavy FPV quad right now and am running almost default PIDS....I basically increased the gyro and ACC P terms by 50% (6/6/10) and I terms by 25% (.045)....alt P, I doubled (3)....am happy with it flying around now...
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Apr 23, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
648 Posts
Revised Newbies Guide

Here is the guide updated for V2.0 software...Katch, please put in post 1...thanks
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
V2.0 software has no problems?
is 100% functional in CRIUS?
guaranteed?
chebari is offline Find More Posts by chebari
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Jun 2010
483 Posts
Yes. I use it. (quad X)
mamba max1 is offline Find More Posts by mamba max1
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Nov 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
Here is the guide updated for V2.0 software...Katch, please put in post 1...thanks
Nice work! Thanks!
vscope is offline Find More Posts by vscope
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Jan 2008
3 Posts
Quote:
Thanks alot :-)
nitzerebbs is offline Find More Posts by nitzerebbs
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:12 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Quote:
All done - good work.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:19 AM
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chebari View Post
V2.0 software has no problems?
is 100% functional in CRIUS?
guaranteed?
It is software. And we are mere humans only.
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts

I did read it, just I don't know how to supply power to the rx. Can you tell me just how did you do it ?

thanks
wickette is offline Find More Posts by wickette
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:00 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickette View Post

I did read it, just I don't know how to supply power to the rx. Can you tell me just how did you do it ?

thanks
Power to the RX should come from your ESC motor connections. Since ESCs usually have a BEC (power voltage converter) and are fed powerdirect from the battery they usually feed power to the board.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:01 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Quote:
Once again, ATX_Heli, your a dam legend bud!
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts

Yes parallel.

Plug the ESCs into the board as described in the guide - they will power the board and your Rx.

Ignore the 3 into 1 - you may need to make/buy some cables to connect the Rx to the FC like this (photo is of a KK board but the principle is the same)

notice one channel has a 3 wire connection (this is to power the Rx) the other channels only need 1 wire to provide the signal to the FC.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch