Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
869 Posts
CC licencing issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
I also made a stick table for all 4 modes
]
(also sent per pm/email, because I do not know if authors still follow this thread)
Hi erazotropa, Atx_Heli,
I can see you provide a stick table. From its looks it is kinda obvious you re-used my original work published here http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/so...es%2FHamburger.
This was okay, _IF_ you had honored the CC licence under which I put the original work. Your derivative does not give credit nor does it contain the licence notice.

Sorry to be harsh about licencing, but with Open Source code and documents it seems neccessary to drive the point home more often nowadays - see my thread about Rabbit stealing MultiWii code if you do not know what I am talking about.

I urge you to mend the situation. How - that is easy:
copy the licence terms over from the original work and give credit where credit is due. Then delete or replace the graphics posted earlier.
Cheers, Hamburger
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
853 Posts
the original guide I published in the first few posts had the license terms...Erazotropa provided a table for all modes and asked that it be included in the guide, apparently he did not copy the license/credit over....and I did not think to check

If Erazotropa will update the drawing he sent me I will update the guide, otherwise I will revert to my original table(which has the license notification) and republish....

PS: I see that including the license statement has done nothing to prevent the theft of the material that has actual commercial value, the MultiWii source code...(the tables have no demonstrable commercial value in my opinion...either in damage or by profitable use)....also note that failure to aggressively pursue the notification and/or prosecution of know violators effectively nullifies the license (at least in the US)..I assume that prosecution of Rabbit is being undertaken by the licensor(s)?.....I was on the intellectual property teams of two major semiconductor companies before I retired...I am well acquainted with Asia-PAC companies' theft of proprietary intellectual property..
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Apr 18, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:02 AM
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
the original guide I published in the first few posts had the license terms...Erazotropa provided a table for all modes and asked that it be included in the guide, apparently he did not copy the license/credit over....and I did not think to check

If Erazotropa will update the drawing he sent me I will update the guide, otherwise I will revert to my original table(which has the license notification) and republish....
thanks for understanding. Glitches do happen in the heat of n^Hi^Hg^Hh^Ht^H productivity storm. They become problems only when we close our eyes and refrain from insight.

Yes, I aggree completely that updating the drawing and the guide would be best for everyone.
Hamburger
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
sorry been afk from multirotor world for a while - is there is any updated info you'd like me to add to the first post? Updated guide or any multiwii 2.0 issues?
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
Russian Federation, Novosibirskaya oblast, Novosibirsk
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
check the quality of installation!
rcig is offline Find More Posts by rcig
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2005
113 Posts
versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkbuilt View Post
Hello, I've just ordered a CRIUS Multiwii board, and after reading the noob guide (may be out of date) and looking through this thread, I was wondering if the general practice is still to run FW and GUI 1.9, or has 2.0 become mature / trustworthy.

In other words, is the information recommending 1.9 just out of date, or is 2.0 not yet ready for primetime.

thanks

Oh, and is it still recommended to use the arduino environment 0023, not 1.0? or, is that old advice?

thanks
finkbuilt is offline Find More Posts by finkbuilt
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:35 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finkbuilt View Post
Oh, and is it still recommended to use the arduino environment 0023, not 1.0? or, is that old advice?

thanks
2.0 was "released" a few weeks ago...so general experience with it is still limitied

many are running 2.0.....it supposedly has better leveling and altitude hold operation..is it bug free? no....there are a few reported...especially on hexas...it requires Arduino 1.0 environment to compile....

I am running it now on a quad.....once I personally get some more experience with it regarding altitude hold, I will redirect the noobies guide toward it......1.9 works well in most cases (and requires 0023 environment to compile)
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:01 AM
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Sep 2011
30 Posts
Hello,
I have multiwii crius lite with 1.7, 1.9, 2.0.
I use it as gimbal stabilisation. But I have bad results :
cinestar6 premier vol.wmv (12 min 22 sec)

There is a big problem with horizon.
Has someone tried and has good results?
Thanks.
walter lafouine is offline Find More Posts by walter lafouine
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:06 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcig View Post
check the quality of installation!
bloody five year olds soldering by candle light for 18 hours a day! send it back.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:34 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter lafouine View Post
Hello,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJpFkWzkqk
Thanks.
Try to play with

#define TILT_ROLL_PROP 10

Increase the proportional value so that servo roll is more aggressive.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:43 AM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter lafouine View Post
Hello,

Thanks.
You have to play with TILT_PITCH_PROP and TILT_ROLL_PROP in 2.0. and fiddle a bit with the endpoints as well. I've had different servos on the two axis, a BlueBird on X that was OK-ish with ROLL_PROP=15 and a Savox on Y that wanted PITCH_PROP=16 and some end-point and middle-point adjustment.

I don't have any vids to show as I was hand-testing a rig.
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:39 AM
Russian Federation, Novosibirskaya oblast, Novosibirsk
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
bloody five year olds soldering by candle light for 18 hours a day! send it back.

I washed with alcohol, clean the contacts. the device properly. no time or desire to send back. build quality is poor.
rcig is offline Find More Posts by rcig
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:42 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcig View Post
I washed with alcohol, clean the contacts. the device properly. no time or desire to send back. build quality is poor.
was a joke only the sentiment behind it isn't really funny but hey ho we all love our cheap chinese RC parts.

If that were my board I'd just quickly flux and resolder those dry joints. Don't want to risk motors and tx signals cutting out mid-flight.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:25 AM
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Sep 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Try to play with

#define TILT_ROLL_PROP 10

Increase the proportional value so that servo roll is more aggressive.
I played with it on the ground.
For me it is to keep horizon. It defines proportionality beetween moves of the multirotor and moves of the servos(?).
Actualy, no problem on the ground.

I use the card as independant electronic stab, no motors connected (I read myself again and think I wasn't clear).
walter lafouine is offline Find More Posts by walter lafouine
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
I understand, you have it in GIMBAL mode. I never tried it but should work the same way, i.e. same variables to set (TILT_ROLL_PROP). But I can't confirm.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d