NANO-MICRO STICK 75 by Ares-RC

Too new for real information out there.
Please post what you find.

Specifications

Wingspan: 12.4 in (315mm)
Length: 10.6 in (270mm)
Weight with Battery: 0.3 oz (9 g)
Battery: 30mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo (included)
Charger: 1S 3.7V LiPo (in transmitter, included)
Transmitter: 3-channel 2.4GHz w/LiPo charger (included)
On-Board Electronics: 2-in-1 receiver/ESC and magnetic actuator (installed)

Thanks!

BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:36 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
914 Posts
Looks cool, anyone know a release date or price yet?
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:55 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,796 Posts
It does look interesting! However, I am leery of magnetic actuators...they generally suck IMHO. I almost bought the Uberlights because they were interesting, but initial reports said the magnetic actuators did not work well...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:06 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Judging by the pictures this is not 3 channels it's two.

Cheers!
Jdog
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:44 PM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Mar 2010
695 Posts
Per Customer Service... This will be in-stores 2nd week of December...
Looks interesting for indoor-fly-ins... I might get this
IndiaHobby is offline Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
107 Posts
How Much?
Bwattie 2 is offline Find More Posts by Bwattie 2
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:47 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83 View Post
Judging by the pictures this is not 3 channels it's two.

Cheers!
Jdog
Since the TX is 3-CH maybe there is an elevator CH in the RX, just not being used?
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:07 PM
Joined Apr 2009
37 Posts
Looks like fun. I want one.
solorbob is offline Find More Posts by solorbob
Old Dec 06, 2011, 09:28 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
Hello everyone,

Good catch as the all-new Ares Nano-Micro Stick 75 RTF has not been announced 'officially' just yet

And as IndiaHobby noted the first shipment is currently on schedule to arrive next week. This means some HobbyTown USA stores could have them in stock by as soon as the end of next week, though we suspect most stores will have them the following week. Street price will be $59.99 in the current RTF form making it a nearly perfect Christmas gift for just about anyone

The transmitter is compatible with the all-new Ares Ultra-Micro Trainer 100 available in stores now and will also be compatible with future airplane releases. Also, the magnetic actuator used for rudder control is reliable, works extremely well and ‘feels’ no different than a servo would to most. Best of all it’s lighter, less complicated and generally more ‘durable’ than a servo/pushrod would be.

And while it’s easy for low-time and even first-time pilots to fly, I can also say the Nano-Micro Stick is a lot of fun for experienced pilots to fly. It cruises nicely at less than half throttle, and with the right wing position/CG, can even loop at full throttle.

Keep an eye on our web site, Facebook page and YouTube channel for news, videos and more coming soon.

Jason
Ares RC Product Development
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 06, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:56 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,160 Posts
Jason thanks for the update and information.
Looking forward to seeing the flight video!
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:57 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,542 Posts
Out of curiousity, could the packs from a Night Vapor or an Ember 2 be used on these? The tx looks like the one from my Flyzone Albatros. After seeing these I may think twice about buying the Blade CX Scout.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:08 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Since the TX is 3-CH maybe there is an elevator CH in the RX, just not being used?
TODD
Shouldn't be too hard to add the extra actuator. The price is certainly a lot better than the uberlites.

Edit: maybe the receiver isn't 3ch but the tx is?
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,796 Posts
Well now I am very interested! . Will they be distributed by Hobby People? The Hobby Town in my area closed...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:51 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
Hello matthew954,

Although we've not flown the Nano-Micro Stick (NMS) with the 70mAh batteries included with the Night Vapor and Ember, it is possible they'll work. However, they do weigh about twice as much as the included 30mAh battery, and although that's only about 1 gram more, that's still more than 10% of the total flying weight so it will have some impact on flight performance. Also, the 30mAh batteries will be available for less than $4 each and include the magnetic attachment point seen in the image below.

Hello jdog83,

Replacement actuators will be available for less than $5 each making them a pretty good deal compared to some other similar class actuators available in the market now Also, the control unit is currently configured for 2-channels while the transmitter is indeed 3-channel.

Hello lovespicyfood,

All Ares products are available exclusively through HobbyTown USA (HTU) stores and on their web site at www.HobbyTown.com. So while there may not be a store in your immediate area you should be able to have an NMS shipped from a store not too far away (for example, there's a store in Fresno that can ship to you). The NMS should be live on the HTU site in the next few days and from there you can enter your zip code to find the nearest store that can ship to you when it's available in the coming weeks.

Please also note that the online shopping system for HTU is still evolving, and should anyone encounter any issues ordering Ares products online be sure to contact their customer service staff directly so they can get you exactly what you need:

http://www.hobbytown.com/About/ContactUs/

Jason
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:26 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Thanks Jason, good to see your not charging $15 for an actuator like some people are.... I stopped flying the uberlites because they were too overpriced for what it was.

Cheers!

Jdog