HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:23 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
Rave
Great Service from Heads Up RC

I just received my first order from Heads Up RC. I placed the order on their website on the afternoon of Friday November 25, the day after Thanksgiving (and they're 3 hours ahead of me). The next morning I received notification that the order had shipped. Pretty good for a holiday weekend, wouldn't you say!

However, I can't say the same for the United States Postal Service. It took 9 days to get from Florida to California, and according to their tracking, it actually crossed the entire country in only one day. The rest of the time the order seems to have just sat around. It sat in Jacksonville Florida for 2 days. After arriving in California it made it's rounds through a few different cities for 6 days. But for $2 shipping, I guess it could be worse.

Anyway, needless to say I got everything I ordered and it was all very well packed.
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Last edited by foamflyer; Dec 06, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:05 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
First Class mail will be getting slower as well since they announced today they are going to be slowing down the first class service delivery time to save money. However, I think your post heading is misleading as it gives the impression that even though you got good service there was an underlying issue or problem with Heads Up RC that needed to be mentioned whenit was a post office issue. I was expecting to read something like you were sent the wrong item and they gave you good service in shipping the correct one out, etc. I have had great service from them as well and clicked on your post due to the title as I was wondering what they did wrong.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:10 AM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
Good point The Don, title changed.
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:23 AM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
Two of the best vendors...
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:05 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,447 Posts
Another "vouch" for Heads Up RC. Great, fast service on my 2 orders. Tom
tdab is online now Find More Posts by tdab
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:56 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Apr 2008
617 Posts
One of the best vendors.........
RJD1234 is offline Find More Posts by RJD1234
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
724 Posts
Ditto A dozen + orders, always filled and shipped in less 24 hours. I have bought on Sat. and the package has arrived Tues., Florida to Calif. I had a problem once with a ESC it was replaced without sending the bad one back. Even gives good advice on the right product to choose, prompt email response.
Sir Dumb Thumb is online now Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:49 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Got to say, used them yesterday.
Got to be the greatest service.
Jim
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,940 Posts
Same for me every time now. It ships the same day then gets lost. I'm going to order from Hobby King, it gets here faster.

$2 shipping ? Probably why.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Apr 23, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
Same for me every time now. It ships the same day then gets lost. I'm going to order from Hobby King, it gets here faster.

$2 shipping ? Probably why.
I know you are just kidding. Either way you go it still winds up using the same US Postal Service. And besides Heads Up is here in the US, their prices are great, and most important of all, you can actually talk to them and they will take care of you if you have a problem.
SlickT is offline Find More Posts by SlickT
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,940 Posts
I think USPS gives Priority to Priority paying shippers, the $2 thing probably costs them more than they make. They don't know where it is , again..

It's not HURC's fault, it's getting lost in the mail. I have two outrunners, great power and easy on the batteries.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
Heads Up RC is awesome. I bought a cheapie 2409-12T outrunner that didn't work. I emailed them and had a new one in a couple days. Try getting that kind of service from HK or banana.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:11 AM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
Over 20 www.headsuprc.com orders with no problems.
Very informative website.
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,447 Posts
Made an order this morning and literally within 1 hour got a note advising that my order had shipped. They always take care of you ....Tom
tdab is online now Find More Posts by tdab
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Even iff the Post Office does slow the mail anything mailed within the US will still get to you sooner than it would from overseas. If you need it really fast there are always UPS or FEDEX. I almost never buy oversease anymore since there are several really good low cost distributors here in the US who provide better service and faster shipping.
SlickT is offline Find More Posts by SlickT
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)