HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 03:03 AM
United States, WA, Long Beach
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Question
Traider not responding after payment no shipment

Can any one advise on how to get RC Trader site involved with a non responsive trader after payment has been made.
Payment was made by pay pal, Pay pal has been notified, and proof sent to site administrator.
D.Hartman is offline Find More Posts by D.Hartman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:15 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
How long has it been? Did they have any seller feedback?
raw111 is offline Find More Posts by raw111
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:15 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Trader Rating: 121
it's all in the details, none of which are here. Please give us the full story, as well as a link.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:17 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,675 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
The most important thing to understand is that site admin will not get involved whatsoever. They only thing they will address is malicious trader ratings.

They have banned a scammer of two, but only with lots of evidence.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:21 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,762 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
The website cannot and will not get involved; contact ppal and file dispute.

If they do not fully refund your money then contact your bank; if that fails contact local authorities.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451241
hyperion cap 232 25e

mshay
Distance from you: 2392 miles
Trader Rating: 6

I bought an airframe that mshay had posted. The airframe had been on the site for quite some time. mshay and I worked out the details of the price of the airframe and the shipping cost.
Working out these details to a little time. If mshay would have posted what he wanted for the airfame and shipping this would have been a snap. At first mshay was trying to shave funds off the shipping to make up for what he wanted for the airframe. I thought we had worked through that issue, but he was still unclear of total price. A few more emails later we worked through that issue.
I sent the first 80 dollars that we agreed to for the airframe and shipping. This was my mistake, his pm was written in such a way I could only assume that the price included shipping. Mshay and I worked through that issue. I sent an additional 42.23 to cover the shipping; this was in addition to the $80.00. What it boiled down to was he wanted 85 for the airframe +shipping. The transaction would have been much easier if he would have stated that on his post or our PM’s. 122.23 was a little more than I wanted to spend but I did not want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. All funds and additional funds were received by mshay on 11/8. The air frame was to be shipped on the week of 11/15.
His last pm stated “jus cecked the paypal account today, yes sir i got it. it should be shipped out by saturday. i have to wait till the money goes from my paypal account and into my bank account then will get the shipping money from the account and ship her on out to you. i will give you the tracking number when i do. thanks again sir.”
I have sent more PM to him asking for a delivery date or conformation number. He has not responded. on my last pm to him I explained to him that if I received no response I would have no choice to report the sale to the web site and to pay pal. I have reported Mshay to the RC Website and I have a claim in on Pay Pal. This type of transaction makes all of us on this web site a suspect to any one that wants to purchase. For myself, I am a disabled vet going to college on a budget the only income I have is through the VA. This site enables me to buy a little cheaper and build planes to sell here in Vancouver Washington for a few extra dollars to make ends meet. It is sad that all of us on this site cannot be trusted. So that being said, It will be difficult for me to post anything for sale on this site and have someone I do not know trust that I will keep my word.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:13 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
file an item not recieved dispute with paypal.that should get his attention
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
Done just that,
Put in claim last night.
If no response, going to turn in to authorities.
To bad someone would risk big fine and jail time over the sale of a plane.
With with the way the sale went, could be coincided computer fraud.
I keep all my Pm's and E-mails on sales and purchases.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:19 AM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
he hasn't logged in here since 11/21 and on rcu since september.know he was going thru a divorce and could be deployed
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Dec 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Trader Rating: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
he hasn't logged in here since 11/21 and on rcu since september.know he was going thru a divorce and could be deployed

If he can't honor the sale for whatever reason he needs to stop selling, or issue a refund.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:32 PM
kill your idols
utica new york
Joined May 2009
1,819 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
ive dealt with him in past and he did right by me
sometimes things go haywire, especially amongst military families

i think its from same thread
he probably shipped greyhound as he did with me and sometimes they are not the best service as far as reliability (but only cost effective way to move these big clunky boxes)
ZEROSKIN76 is offline Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
Old Dec 08, 2011, 09:50 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,752 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
If he can't honor the sale for whatever reason he needs to stop selling, or issue a refund.
H'mmmm........seems like a common practice around here recently, selling things then falling off the radar for months!
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:38 AM
kill your idols
utica new york
Joined May 2009
1,819 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
HEY FLYING WALENDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
H'mmmm........seems like a common practice around here recently, selling things then falling off the radar for months!

wow thinly veiled comments rock!

lol really it comes down to the one human line i ever heard come out of my priests mouth. after he missed a 7 pointer while hunting we joshed him for hours about it (he is very down to earth man)

when he had had enough he spoke of the 120000 pounds of food he organized for hatian relief, the countless times he has help his parishioners through disease and melon coly and the families he has united in matrimony, and finaly all the children he has blessed into our church and into a better life

having finally to state when we live to a age when he is gone we will remember not those who he fed or clothed or helped BUT ONLY FOR MISSING A BUCK ONE DAY ON A ROCK!

MORAL OF THIS REAL ANTIC-DOTE

no one remember those you help only the one blemish you get
i did right by mine
i kept in contact when it was possible

i could have sent the kid the engine alone but when i finaly got into the shop from being afeild for months i shipped him the engine and a few things he has had intrest in in the past but not the finances available to pay for it

i offered them and he accepted , me and him are fine now, i agree with his nuetral feedback left that is a closed case

if you dont see an extra 80-90 (DOUBLE VALUE OF ORIGINAL ITEM PLUS THE ITEM ITSELF) bucks worth of toys as an attempt by a man to right a honest wrong...... YOU MAY NEED GLASSES
ZEROSKIN76 is offline Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:39 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,752 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Hey I'm just stating facts. Lot of people having troubled trades here. If you are taking it personally or feel some sort of guilt then that's all on you .....it's not mine or anyone's fault.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
I agree with the guilt portion,
Here is the bottom line , I too have had to deploy during a divorce, this I can sympathize with. Sometimes things get out of hand and you get behind on things that are not important to you.
I do not hold any grudges with Mshay, communication is the key to this trading site.
For as I see it, I can deal with not shipping on time if time is not a factor. If a person has made a promise to ship on a time frame and can't make the deadline, communicate with the other party involved. The issue that I am having is, the air frame was to be shipped on a time frame set by the seller, there was not tracking number E-mailed to me and the airframe has not arrived. If this did not get mailed on time I can deal with that. but as it stands there has been no communication after he received payment.
Scam or no-scam, this is still bad business. I do not feel that any one that trades on this site would except these terms. I am not trying to start an argument between the people on this site, I just wanted some advice on how not to loos my investment on this purchase. Like I stated earlier I am Disabled Vet going to school on a very small budget. I buy Items on this site, fix them up a bit to make a very small profit, It is not much of a profit, but at least making something gives me a little self worth. and bulding these aircraft helps with my PTSD issues (lack of coordination and memory
Just wanted to clarify what my intentions were.