HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:27 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Discussion
HK Skyfun or Radjet??

I'll admit i'm a newb when it comes to RC in the air and have a Bixler on the way to learn with but no doubt will be keen for something a bit faster once i learn the ropes.

I'm looking at the Skyfun and the Radjet at the moment.

Can anyone who has had experience with either or both let me know on the pros and cons of each.

Will be buying the ARF versions and would prefer to run with the stock set ups for as long as possible (as long as they last)

Thanks
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:04 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
Tried both. Skyfun is more forgiving in flight. Easier to handle in view of larger wingspan. With stock motor, it will feel more like Sky-Bored. Suggest you order a better motor/esc combination to up its performance once you have gotten used to its docile character.
leinad is online now Find More Posts by leinad
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:07 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Thanks for the reply, i figured that might be the case, after not getting any responses i went ahead and ordered a radjet today.

It was cheaper and looks cooler

Will see how it goes stock and get a faster motor down the track.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:11 PM
London
Joined Feb 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Thanks for the reply, i figured that might be the case, after not getting any responses i went ahead and ordered a radjet today.

It was cheaper and looks cooler

Will see how it goes stock and get a faster motor down the track.
I have had both of these planes, and they are both great!

The radjet is better on the stock setup than the stock skyfun. Large loops and limited vertical performance are possible. Just make sure you get the cg right. I have mine balanced just in front of the launch grips. Watch out if you stall it as it has a nasty tendency to go into an unrecoverable death spin
I'm currently running my radjet on a turnigy 2836 2350kv motor and 1800mah 4s battery, and its good for 130mph!

The Skyfun is a great plane on a turnigy 2836 2350kv motor and 4s. Not as fast as the radjet on the same setup, but a lot easier to fly and land. It glides great too! I wouldn't bother with the stock setup as it's pretty tame.
DerkJohn is offline Find More Posts by DerkJohn
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:40 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkJohn View Post
I have had both of these planes, and they are both great!

The radjet is better on the stock setup than the stock skyfun. Large loops and limited vertical performance are possible. Just make sure you get the cg right. I have mine balanced just in front of the launch grips. Watch out if you stall it as it has a nasty tendency to go into an unrecoverable death spin
I'm currently running my radjet on a turnigy 2836 2350kv motor and 1800mah 4s battery, and its good for 130mph!

The Skyfun is a great plane on a turnigy 2836 2350kv motor and 4s. Not as fast as the radjet on the same setup, but a lot easier to fly and land. It glides great too! I wouldn't bother with the stock setup as it's pretty tame.
Thanks John, sounds good, i guess the fact the skyfun glides better probably would have made it more suitable for myself as a novice but i like the fact that the radjet looks more nimble and is faster

I have seen your vids in the radjet thread and look forward to being able to control something flying that fast one day. I've got my eye on a 2350kv motor for down the line but i'm sure the stock set up will keep a smile on my face for now.

I'll be running 1800 3S packs so i believe i'll need to trim the inside of the fuse a bit to get them far enough back to get the COG right. Its due to arrive early next week so i'm looking forward to getting it set up.
Last edited by nogas; Dec 08, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:51 AM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
hello excuse me, but where it balanced the skyfun there is a manual, from which point of the wings ottinene the center of gravity?
hatos77 is offline Find More Posts by hatos77