Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Anyone know where the CG is on the Fokker D VII?
On the Sterling Fokker DVII kit, the CG is at the leading edge of the lower wing.
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1954 View Post
On the Sterling Fokker DVII kit, the CG is at the leading edge of the lower wing.
U da Man!
Many Thanks!
I'm going to put an Eflite 60 on it and go....
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
917 Posts
In case you need to take a look at it, here is the fuselage plan. The two CG marks are for Control Line (forward-most CG location) and RC (Rear CG location).
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, WI, Elm Grove
Joined Apr 2007
382 Posts
Sterling DVII partial fuse plan.

Jim
jjscott is online now Find More Posts by jjscott
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
Thanks for those plan shots guys... they confirm that the "floating" rear landing gear struts were "planned" Kinda strange tho!
I've ordered the Eflite 60 size electric motor and I have 6s5000mah packs. If I still have to add a ton of weight to the nose with all that, I'll re-do the tail feathers with 9mm epp foam.

Jim,
I'm from Milwaukee originally! Been here 15 years now
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:10 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,341 Posts
"Thanks for those plan shots guys... they confirm that the "floating" rear landing gear struts were "planned" Kinda strange tho!"

To allow for some kind of "spring" action to the gear????? Rather than a bungee'd floating axle.

Les
LesUyeda is online now Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesUyeda View Post
"Thanks for those plan shots guys... they confirm that the "floating" rear landing gear struts were "planned" Kinda strange tho!"

To allow for some kind of "spring" action to the gear????? Rather than a bungee'd floating axle.

Les
That landing gear set up causes the airplane to nose over no matter what you do. A friend did a review of the kit in Scale R/C Modeler (late '80's magazine) and solved the problem by closing up the holes, installing a slotted landing gear block then attached the rear legs to the lower wing center section. It took a little longer to remove the wing but the solution worked. No more nose over.
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
TFF
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
Is there any reference names to the scale details on the plan? They look detailed.
TFF is offline Find More Posts by TFF
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,341 Posts
"Is there any reference names to the scale details on the plan? They look detailed. "

Please clarify. I don't understand the question. Do you have particular parts in mind?

Les
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
update

I have the 60 EFlite motor and 60amp ESC coming early next week!
I'll be using heavy 6s5000mah batteries which should help with the CG since they weigh 27oz.
If nose weight is still a problem I'll replace the tail feathers with foam. I'm also going to cut into the bottom wing install a gear block and add wire to the rear gear struts and mount them to the blocks. I may make the rear struts a tad longer so they push the wheels further forward. Did this with my Parkzone SE5a and no nose overs!
Definately getting excited now
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
history tid bit

Just a side note:
My neighbor four doors down when I was growing up, flew the DVII while serving with Richtoffen's squadron. He was a very cool old guy to me and showed me all his pics and memorobilia. I am the proud owner of his autographed book too!

I'ts gonna mean alot to me when this Sterling takes off

Go to the bottom of this page... http://www.dmairfield.com/people/budwig_gg/index.html
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
TFF
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
I was wondering if the multi view scale information has an author? The old Dave Platt TF SE5a's plans had 3 views reprinted from a small booklet. Just trying to find out if I can find the same stuff from another source.
TFF is offline Find More Posts by TFF
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:44 AM
United States, WI, Elm Grove
Joined Apr 2007
382 Posts
There's a little box on the plan indicating the drawings were by Joseph Nieto and appeared in the August and September 1951 issues of Model Airplane News.

I think the Nieto plans of various planes were compiled in a book at one time.

Jim
jjscott is online now Find More Posts by jjscott
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:48 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscott View Post
I think the Nieto plans of various planes were compiled in a book at one time.

Jim
They were indeed. The drawings can be found in "Scale Aircraft Drawings: Vol I, WWI" published by Model Airplane News. Unfortunately it appears that this book is out of print. However, it can still be found on Amazon.com for the new price of $260.00 or the bargain price for a used copy starting at only $55.

My copy still has a price sticker on it for $14.95. Care to make me an offer TFF? j

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,341 Posts
"My copy still has a price sticker on it for $14.95. Care to make me an offer TFF?"

You paid way too much. Mine says $12.99:-))))))))))))))))

Les