SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,851 Posts
Discussion
The Mid-wing Special

Please take what I'm saying to be infomative rather than a history lesson...Many years ago a Piper PA-18 was damaged,either by wind or an accident,I'm not sure.anyway,by the time the broken and bent pieces of the cabin were removed,Jack Poage and Ned Surratt had this bright idea to "improve"it.Well,they moved the wings down to the upper longeron,about shoulder level,and shortened the darn things to about 25 or 26 feet.Since the top of the rudder was damaged,they just fiddled about with it,and came up with a kinda Corbin Ace-ish affair that was attractive and purposeful.They shortened the wing struts and added a sorta windshield/canopy to hide Ned.They painted it white with some red and blue stripes and called it The Midwing Special.It does have an attraction,I'll admit,that I'd always wanted to model it.Neil Snodgrass beat me to it,and cleaned everbody's clock in the ?80's?in stand-off scale.He still has it ,and although it's for sale,you prolly won't buy it.Good work Neil.Enough talk for now.Watch a 15 minute video at WWW.2000 Air Victory Museum Air Fair" Later.click "comments"for picture.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by epoxyearl; Dec 09, 2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: none
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:09 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,851 Posts
video

If you go to the video,click on "Ned Surratt"...Sorry
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member