HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,033 Posts
Any news on the new container of these coming in?
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,210 Posts
I shredded my firewall yesterday, thank God I bought a spare firewall from 3dhs when I bought the plane.
xsubsailor is online now Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Is anyone else having issues with servo blowback on the HS-65MGs elevator for this SC330? I have on two occasions been on a slightly powered downline and the model would not pull up, though I can see the input as the model does a slight attempt at the input it has been given. I am still a very new pilot and my question is do I need to not do power downline's of any kind with this model or do I need to change my setup to accommodate faster turns?

I run the 3dhs long arms with the linkage on the last hole, on the horn side I am at the second from the last hole, should i go closer in on the server arm to get more torque?
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post
Is anyone else having issues with servo blowback on the HS-65MGs elevator for this SC330? I have on two occasions been on a slightly powered downline and the model would not pull up, though I can see the input as the model does a slight attempt at the input it has been given. I am still a very new pilot and my question is do I need to not do power downline's of any kind with this model or do I need to change my setup to accommodate faster turns?

I run the 3dhs long arms with the linkage on the last hole, on the horn side I am at the second from the last hole, should i go closer in on the server arm to get more torque?
Andy was just talking about this yesterday at the field. He is going to try an HS-81mg in the tail.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,540 Posts
I'm using stock hs65 arms and I do wide open everything.

Full throttle, dive, level out over runway, full right aileron, full up elevator, full right rudder, 3 complete revolutions without losing any altitude.

My guess is that you could move a little closer to the servo and increase your torque while still having enough throw.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I'm using stock hs65 arms and I do wide open everything.

Full throttle, dive, level out over runway, full right aileron, full up elevator, full right rudder, 3 complete revolutions without losing any altitude.

My guess is that you could move a little closer to the servo and increase your torque while still having enough throw.
When you get time could you post what holes you filled (horn and servo arm) on your SC330. Oh My that sounds so bad!

also are you running the extended arms?

On a side note maybe using cmala videos as learning aids was not one of my best ideas.
Last edited by jhorton; Feb 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,540 Posts
This is how I set mine up. I just made some servo arms though so I might try to get some more throw on the ailerons. My elevator and rudder are fine with stock arms.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,540 Posts
This is how I set mine up. I just made some servo arms though so I might try to get some more throw on the ailerons. My elevator and rudder are fine with stock arms.
tapatalk is driving me nutz
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,173 Posts
Quote:

i think i noticed the same thing, i only had 2 flights so far on mine so its hard to tell, but i tried doing a full throttle blender and the roll rate on the ailerons slowed down as i went faster, it rolled slower then when doing a rolling harrier. i too am using the extended servo arms, ill try moving the link closer to the servo gear and see what happens. i didnt notice anything with the elevator and i did some high speed parachutes
jamesrini is online now Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:56 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
I love this plane! Managed to 4 flights on this bad boy yesterday (and a few on my 103") and I love it more each flight!

I put a throttle curve to smooth out the throttle response and upgraded to a 14x8.5 prop and WOW!!! it is fun!

This place just begs to be thrown around. It makes me look like a better pilot.

Too bad the wind is howling today. No flying.

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
tapatalk is driving me nutz
Yep you are using the stock arms on the servo, think the 3dhs arms (1 inch /26mm ) might be the straw that broke the hs-65mg's back
Last edited by jhorton; Feb 20, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: measurement added.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,855 Posts
The geometry looks good cmala with about 1:1 ratio. The length of your servo arm looks the same as from the hinge point to the hole you picked on the control arm. That should give you plenty of throw.

More throw could go longer on the servo or shorter at the surface
Less throw could go longer on the surface or shorter on the servo
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Last edited by HugoCraft; Feb 20, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:47 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,540 Posts
Quote:
Yep you are using the stock arms on the servo, think the 3dhs arms might be the straw that broke the hs-65mg's back
You are running them at 6 volts, right?

I think mine are at 6.3v but I can't remember for sure.

It's either 6, 6.3, or 6.5 volts. I've changed my mind a couple of times for apparently no reason.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
You are running them at 6 volts, right?

I think mine are at 6.3v but I can't remember for sure.

It's either 6, 6.3, or 6.5 volts. I've changed my mind a couple of times for apparently no reason.
Im running 6.0 on my Castle ESC. I could bump it up I just did not know if the 65's will take more than 6 without damage. Ill look on the HiTech Site and see if I can not find what the max voltage is for these servos.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:04 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,855 Posts
Well since they say 6v that means you could plug in a 6v nimh which peak at 7.5v but usually drop to 7.2v-7v after some use. I usually set them at 6.5v too since I'm scared going to 7v
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft