HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Ok i have my ailerons pluged in the one in and the one is on aux 1 now how do i get it to operate with my dx6i?
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...anual_DX6i.pdf
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:22 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Enlarging the hole in the control horn with an exacto blade is fine. All you are doing is enlarging the outside surface a little and then forcing the control rod in it. Don't open it all the way up. You will have to twist and push the control rod to make it go in even after you enlarge the hole slightly with an exacto knife.

copied from above.

make sure on the prop if you are using an APC prop that you use the right size insert in the prop for the motor shaft size. It should be a snug fit so the prop doesn't wobble. The insert is tapered so put the smaller end into the prop first, after the prop you put on a washer and then the prop nut.
Ok i have the silver washer that came with the spinner and then i have a plastic waser that came with the prop, i do have the right size washers on for the size of the motor shaft. I have them in this order.

Silver washer which fits in the back of the back plate, so i put that on. Then i put the right size plastic washer that came with the prop in the back of he prop, so i pu that on. Then i have the bigger diamater washer and nut that came with the motor. Now the bigger washer is slanted on one side which is what you were calling taperd right? So the washer is like pointing on one side so do you want that pointing in tarwds the motor so the taper centers the prop?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I cant down load it im on a brand new laptop thats not even mine so can you just tell me where i go in my dx6i and what to do.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Let's get the terminology right so we are talking about the same things.

The spinner is made up of two pieces. the back plate and the spinner cone. They go together.

The motor came with a washer and nut, this is a metal washer and nut and the washer is tapered on the front. there is a prop adaptor mounted to the front of the motor and this metal washer and nut go on to that prop adaptor.

The prop came with a bunch of adapters to fit different sized motor shafts or in this case, prop adaptors. This little plastic adapter is tapered on one end so it makes it easier to insert into the back of the prop.

The spinner back plate goes on first. Then the prop goes on, the writing on the prop should always be facing forward. The little plastic adaptor should already be inserted in the back of the prop. Then you put the metal tapered washer on and the nut. The metal tapered washer should have the taper on the front side of the washer, facing the nut. then the spinner cone goes on and it gets screwed into the spinner back plate.

Did you tighten the screws for the prop adaptor attaching it to the motor? Did you use loctite on them and the screws that hold the x-mount to the back of the motor? If not, keep an eye on them because they might loosen up.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:53 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
In your DX6i you select your wing and tail type. your wing type is dual aileron

AILE is right aileron
AUX1 is left aileron
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:03 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
So the taperd washerpoints away from the plane?

O i just called the hobby shop and he found out how in the dx6i book it took him like 2 min to find it so i got both aileronservos working now.

My elavator on 100% rates likes to rub the foam alittle bit it doesen get stuck at all but it does rub just alittle on the skinny part of the elavator, how do i fix this should i just trim it alittle or what?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:22 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
3dhs sells spare fire walls for this plane which is really cool
glad to hear as my brothers blew off in flight the other day He tried to glue it back but man is it now OFF . So I can now tell him to pull that broken one out and put a nice new one in!!!!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
The tapered part of the metal washer that holds the prop on will point away from the prop, towards the nut.

Trim the elevator or horizontal stab a little so it doesn't rub.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
The tapered part of the metal washer that holds the prop on will point away from the prop, towards the nut.

Trim the elevator or horizontal stab a little so it doesn't rub.
ok thanks i am done now that i know i do have the prop on right.

Thanks for all of your guys help im just waiting for my wheel pants to dry and then stick them in and i am complete.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:59 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I dident know what the rubber bands were for but there for the wing hooks right? Should i put on more than one at a time? Also when im flying full power and its just flys level with no stick input and when i go inverted if i have to add abit of input up elevator then that means i have to slide my battery up further right? If i have the CG right will i even hav to add any up ELEV when i go inerted?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:12 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,863 Posts
For the rubber bands, just use one, but wrap it around at least 3 or 4 times to make sure it holds the wings together.

Yes, if you flip inverted and you need to add UP elevator, your pack definitely has to go up further.

As for where it should be, depends on your flying style. Personally, I like to lean a little more towards the precision side, which means I like a slightly more forward than neutral CG. Translation "when inverted, I need to hold a little bit of down elevator to keep the plane flying level."

At worst, you want want to be neutral, which means if you fly level right side up, or inverted, you shouldn't need any elevator to fly straight and level.

Hope that helps.
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Exactly as said above. Roll inverted and if the plane goes towards the ground then it is nose heavy and the pack can be moved back. Slightly nose heavy or neutral is a good place to start
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:38 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
If the rubber bands are thin, use a few of them (3-5). Even if the rubber bands are thick, I would use a minimum of 2. Eventually the rubber bands will break, so unless you check your plane carefully before each flight, use a few rubber bands for extra security in case a single one breaks.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:00 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
If the rubber bands are thin, use a few of them (3-5). Even if the rubber bands are thick, I would use a minimum of 2. Eventually the rubber bands will break, so unless you check your plane carefully before each flight, use a few rubber bands for extra security in case a single one breaks.
yea that what i was thinking i have like 30 of them so i will put 2 on and wrap them 3 times or something.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
For the rubber bands, just use one, but wrap it around at least 3 or 4 times to make sure it holds the wings together.

Yes, if you flip inverted and you need to add UP elevator, your pack definitely has to go up further.

As for where it should be, depends on your flying style. Personally, I like to lean a little more towards the precision side, which means I like a slightly more forward than neutral CG. Translation "when inverted, I need to hold a little bit of down elevator to keep the plane flying level."

At worst, you want want to be neutral, which means if you fly level right side up, or inverted, you shouldn't need any elevator to fly straight and level.

Hope that helps.
yes that helps because i dident know for sure because the plane before this was the parkzone UM T-28 (Im sure you guys are all thinking my planes comeing back in peices lol). I am going out tomarrow if the weather holds out and i will tape my first couple of flights and post them.