HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
348 Posts
I managed to break my firewall. 3DHS is out of stock but I read a guy using the yak firewall and with some trimming got it to work. Any know if that works or better yet have a firewall they would sale me?
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Not even close to a 3D master but loving this plane, I have been keeping her three mistakes high right now. Did some flat spins, snap rolls, knife edge, knife edge loops, and some hovering. Land her on low rates and fly her on high, pretty nice plane!

So far so good!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:55 AM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,047 Posts
like to buy one of these http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...illed-car.html
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
After seeing you guys beating up your Extra. I decided to fly her harder. So yesterday afternoon I took the advantage of the school yard being empty, cold and windy btw; I flew her as low as possible, dragging her rudder a few times and the first time I did harrier rolling circles within 5' above the deck. Got a bit too aggressive and the wind tip scratched the ground and broke the SFG in half. This is my first damage on this bird other than the LG mount. Anyway, I kept flying the bird with only half of the right SFG attached until the sun went down. What a nice way to end a day and cheered me up after another pathetic game of Eagles.

One problem though, my 130g is getting louder and louder, it still swings freely by hand and I do not feel any robbing between the can and the stator but the noise is noticeable in the air. If a new bearing set would help?
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
One problem though, my 130g is getting louder and louder, it still swings freely by hand and I do not feel any robbing between the can and the stator but the noise is noticeable in the air. If a new bearing set would help?
I had this problem with the omega 130 in my 48" epp yak. I abused the motor a little early on (ran it with a loose motor mount for a few flights before I noticed). I replaced the bearings with boca bearings - theres a post somewhere around here with a video showing how to do it. The noise changed, but did not improve significantly. So either I botched the bearing replacement, or the source of the noise is elsewhere. I put a new omega in as a quick fix, I've got the old one on the bench waiting for inspiration on how to fix it.

So I don't know if a bearing set would help you, but I'm interested in wether it does, or what else might get suggested here.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
478 Posts
hello, i just got my extra put together. I got it here and used so it needed repair. It hsa a torque 2818 w14x7, hs65, and an 60amp esc since it was sent by mistake. Ive set it up per the manual and if it wasnt so cold out and getting dark already id go test fly it. Any tips or suggestions would be great.

Also,does anyone know hows much right and down thrust is this should have? i glued the firewall back in but its been repaired before and it looks a little extreme
olds455 is offline Find More Posts by olds455
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds455 View Post
hello, i just got my extra put together. I got it here and used so it needed repair. It hsa a torque 2818 w14x7, hs65, and an 60amp esc since it was sent by mistake. Ive set it up per the manual and if it wasnt so cold out and getting dark already id go test fly it. Any tips or suggestions would be great.

Also,does anyone know hows much right and down thrust is this should have? i glued the firewall back in but its been repaired before and it looks a little extreme
My firewall is still original. The thrust angles are very little (almost none) in my view.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
478 Posts
thanks ill have to do some shimming
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,047 Posts
It has a torque 2818 w14x7, is going to burn up/ t- 2814-820 w 14x7 will be fine
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
thanks ill have to do some shimming
Forgot to mention that, if you fly off grass field, avoid harrier landing will keep your LG mount and tail wheel intact. Since I changed my approach by harrier down to about a foot and then switching to normal landing, no more broken pieces in that department.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:28 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
478 Posts
thanks vince, Im not to good at the harriers yet so ill keep that in mind.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
thanks vince, Im not to good at the harriers yet so ill keep that in mind.
Believe me, this bird will make every pilot look like a harrier master.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
478 Posts
Cool, I also just finished my 47 shp to go with the 41 edge i picked up last month. Im finding the 6 of the polyrc/enerland packs i have will barely hold 30amps and 300w and fall off quickly. i repowered my 1900 based on these batteries and theyre not working worth a damn. the turnigys i have are much better.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
478 Posts
I got my first flight in tonight. Just 5 min worth and it flies really well. two clicks trim and it was ready for what little fun i can give it. I might need a little more control throw especially on the elevator. It took full to try and get it into hover and i On could hold it a few sec. the 2818 was on 14x7 and gave 385w and 38a before take off. I may need the omega 130 for this and use the 2818 on my shp. I do have some better batteries coming and i need some warmer temps, its 13deg out there
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Congratulation! Even though she is a blast to fly, but I won't do that in 13 degree!